PDA

View Full Version : JustFlight's Lancaster- reviews?

jamesdietz
09-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Has anyone out there got hold of the Just Flight's Lancaster sim that works on the MFS platform?How does it look? How good are the interior /exterior views? Does the lighting on its surfaces look realistic? I'm interested in buying it ,but not if it doesn't measure up to ( at least) IL-2 standards...

jamesdietz
09-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Has anyone out there got hold of the Just Flight's Lancaster sim that works on the MFS platform?How does it look? How good are the interior /exterior views? Does the lighting on its surfaces look realistic? I'm interested in buying it ,but not if it doesn't measure up to ( at least) IL-2 standards...

leitmotiv
09-16-2006, 10:09 AM
'Ere yer go, the whole sad story---I do like the Mosquito, though!

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/7321068774

jamesdietz
09-16-2006, 10:21 AM
Boy that is sad...in this day an age how can a company think its going to get away with such a poor product? So if you had to chose would you get the Shockwave model or the PlaneDesign model...which is the best ( readhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gifhotorealistic) of these two?

leitmotiv
09-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Photorealistic? The JF cockpit wins hands down! But, I'll be absolutely frank with you, I would not be without either despite the Just Flight horror story. I am wagering Aeroplane Heaven will fix the errors and the product will be as reputable as the Spitfire package they did for Just Flight. I have flown Plane Design's Lanc II so much over the summer I am wedded to it, and am not dispassionate about it. The Plane Design Lancs look mat and more Lanc-like. Although the JF Lancs are superbly weathered. I did find virtually walking around the JF Lanc's interior fascinating (Aeroplane Heaven has a war-ready Lanc set they are doing for CFS3 with working H2S, among other things, which I, a completely shameless Lancophile, will greedily buy). In sum, if you want an excellent Lanc set ready to go, get Plane Design's! If you want a Lanc set with lots of frills, but is presently dubious, get JF's!

leitmotiv
09-16-2006, 11:34 AM
I just finished a "fly off" between the PD and JF Lanc IIIs (both the RAF Museum's S for sugar). I hadn't done this yet---back to back. At night with all the lights on, the JF Lanc is unbeatable. It looks like a Battle of Berlin Lanc---even to the black smoke spewing from the exhausts when it is firewalled. Odd thing, the pilot is well down in his seat in the JF---almost all vision to the rear blocked by the high armor plate (which, by the way, can be lowered). In the PD Lanc, you are slightly above the armor plate, which is bizarre because the plate was high, and have a good view left and right, behind and forward. Comparatively, you feel sunk down in the JF. My guess is that you are too low in the JF and too high in the PD. As far as handling goes, I can't choose between them. Both seem to duplicate a III with an 8,000-pound Berlin load wonderfully.

leitmotiv
09-16-2006, 12:32 PM
Correction: I forgot about the very same eyepoint controls which allow you to move around also allow you to raise or lower yourself in the seat in FS9---thus, ignore my ignorant comments about cockpit visibility---both PD and JF default view positions can be changed.