PDA

View Full Version : Will ACR be the true succesor to AC1?



GunnarGunderson
05-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Hear me out on this one.

In AC1 I actually felt like I was part of the Assassin Order and that I killed for the assassin order, and those kills actually felt good because it took skill to do it, and you felt even better when you managed to escape the guards.



In AC2 I was a kid (who probably would have become an assassin anyway because of his father) but I never really felt like I was a part of anything, seeing as how I was the only Assassin in the city. Even in the end when I found out (spoilers in white)<span class="ev_code_WHITE"> all of those people were actually assassin's all along</span> ( big surprise ) I still didn't feel like I was part of an order, probably because I was the only one with a white hood or hidden blade. As for the killing, It was fun and escaping was still more convenient than fighting.



In Brotherhood I finally felt like I was part of the Order again, except I didn't feel human. There was no point in stealth or running away in this game, I may aswell have been playing Mercenary's Creed.



I'm truly hoping ACR returns to the basic formula of 1: sneaking to your target (with social or traditional stealth) (or fighting towards them if you're that proficient in combat) 2: killing target 3:escaping (with or without guards chasing you) Combat is fine aslong as it's realistic, I'm fine with Ezio taking on maybe 6 guards at once but any more than that and anyone would become overwhelmed.


Thank you for taking the time to read this

xCr0wnedNorris
05-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Nah, I don't think so. If anything Ezio will become even stronger and will probably be able to take on 10,000 soldiers by himself and still win. 'Cause he's just that badass, ya know?

iN3krO
05-13-2011, 05:39 PM
In ac1 you were slow scaling, the more powerfull guards were as powerfull as you in the final sequence and you hadn't killstreaks and comboos with the hands

In ac2 hidden blade was upgraded, now it's a double hidden blade, you can assasinate from hidden places and you have poison and a gun that you can use... Now you can too fight with the hidden blade which makes the game too easy. The guards now are some ******ed guys that don't know even counter attack and you have too much health. Now you can scale faster which is a noticeable upgrade incentivating stealthy ways to complish missions.

In ac:b the hiden blade is upgraded again with poison DARTS, now you can inflitate poison in guards without being detected... you have killstreaks and guards now strike you while you are attaking their friends... guards grabs you too but they don't throw you away. they block your attack but they don't counter-attack you like in ac1... now the gun aims faster (which make you able to kill faster when guards are still running after you) and you got a "bow" (which is good for stealthy ways)... They added elevators and they give more options for stealthy ways to acomplish the missions...

With almost every addition in ac2 and ac:b (and the downgrade of the AI of the guards) ubisoft is incentivating us to do the missions thought a agressive way and not thought the stealthy (which is the creed way)...

I know ac1 was worst than ac2 and brotherhood and that i can still do missions thought stealthy way but if i fail with the stealthy way i got no challenging killing guards which makes me sad and forces me to play thought a agresive way to don't being boring.

So i was thinking about someways to incentivate the stealthy way giving the option to chose an agresive strategy only for those who got skill and i would like to now what you think in my suggestions:

- Remove sword like combos with hiden blade (don't remove the killstreaks)
- Make guards able to do what they used to do in ac1 (templairs used to grab you or break your defense....) when they are in group they could just hold you how the fast guards do at ac:B...
- Make guards attacks as powerfull as our attacks (Brutos in ac2 are ripped of with 3 sword attacks while they need to hit you like 8 times with the axe)...
- Increanse the time for aiming with the gun and increanse the time that a arrow needs to reach the target.... Make the knife velocity similar to ac1 so that you need to have skill to know when you can throw knifes or not.
- Remake guards able to say where did you go after beating them (you needed to use hidden blade to finish with them) (They would be crying in the ground only if they are beaten with non-letal attacks like in ac1)...
- Require some timming to be able to do killstreaks (like the combo timming)

In addition, for those who want an agresive strategy they would add a new weapon that would cost 50k (and they would be able to buy 2 to use double handed)... that new weapon is the katar:
http://www.gnwtc.com/wea141.JPG

Ppl would be able to run with them in the hands (like when you run with hidden blade out) but they wouldn't be able to grab a salient if they are gona fall of the roof... they would need to save them to be able to scale and the guards wouldn't be able to stop an assassinate with them... the man to man combat system would be a copy of ac2/brotherhood hidden blade combat system.

If this weapon got potential in ac3 they could add more katars (like the diffrent sword and diffrent daggers) but ignoring damage and only seeing velocity, block and broke (5 stars in broke means it's unbrokeable)

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

For the story, i want to say that desmond part of the story is pretty nice.
Altair story gave me a good philosofical side and a good sign of the meaning of the creed, plus i've learnt that assassin's should fear and listen to their enemies too (and ezio don't).
Ezio in ac2 was a stupid guy... In the start he was just romantic than they killed his father and brothers and he got the assassins suit... after he killed the first guy he said: HEY ITS ME EZIO AUDITORE I'M ALIVE! than he start trust everyone that got in his sights without questionating how did they know he is ezio auditore (like antonio)....
In ac:b ezio gave me more assassin-like felling.. now he uses his mind and there's the felling of a brotherhood unlike ac2... althought the assassin's towers replacing borgia's tower did not fit the assassins cuz they are meant to be stealthy and have a tower in their enemies city is not properly being stealthy...
For ac:r i hope they got back the philosofical part of altair story but with some emotional fellings (which altair doesn't shows up offten but that we can see them)... I hope too that assassin's den don't work 100% like assassin's tower....

dchil279
05-13-2011, 06:25 PM
Nah, don't take away hidden blade counters completely, just make it as hard as it was to perform in AC1. I know In AC2 it got a bit easier and in ACB it took absolutely no skill or timing but if they just restore the difficulty of AC1 it''ll be fine

GunnarGunderson
05-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by dchil279:
Nah, don't take away hidden blade counters completely, just make it as hard as it was to perform in AC1. I know In AC2 it got a bit easier and in ACB it took absolutely no skill or timing but if they just restore the difficulty of AC1 it''ll be fine I know, In AC1 the hidden blade in combat was high risk high reward, In AC2 it's ridiculous, Ezio can stop the swing of a bastard sword by holding his tiny blade in front of it. I also son't like how I can just non nonchalantly poison or stab brutes without anyone noticing

Mic_92
05-13-2011, 07:59 PM
My god..you guys are acting as if we couldn't kill 1382146 guards easily in AC1 too. Remember Arsuf.
And I don't see where you get the idea that you can't be stealthy in AC2-ACB because you definitely can. If you can't resist the urge to run straight to your enemies it's your own fault.

GunnarGunderson
05-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by Mic_92:
My god..you guys are acting as if we couldn't kill 1382146 guards easily in AC1 too. Remember Arsuf.
And I don't see where you get the idea that you can't be stealthy in AC2-ACB because you definitely can. If you can't resist the urge to run straight to your enemies it's your own fault. What? maybe the templar grunts when you were making your way to De Sable, but when you fought those six or seven elite guards it was hard. And the stealth in AC2 and Brotherhood was usually a set path

kriegerdesgottes
05-13-2011, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Nah, I don't think so. If anything Ezio will become even stronger and will probably be able to take on 10,000 soldiers by himself and still win. 'Cause he's just that badass, ya know?

Agreed, and although I do understand your admiration for the first one being that it was a badass game, there is something great about feeling like a man who can take on several guards at once without ever worrying about being killed. The games make you feel like a badass killing machine and that is pretty awesome. That is what I always say to the people who actually complain the game isn't hard enough which yes I agree there should be a balance but I think AC pulls it off pretty well.

xCr0wnedNorris
05-13-2011, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
Nah, I don't think so. If anything Ezio will become even stronger and will probably be able to take on 10,000 soldiers by himself and still win. 'Cause he's just that badass, ya know?

Agreed, and although I do understand your admiration for the first one being that it was a badass game, there is something great about feeling like a man who can take on several guards at once without ever worrying about being killed. The games make you feel like a badass killing machine and that is pretty awesome. That is what I always say to the people who actually complain the game isn't hard enough which yes I agree there should be a balance but I think AC pulls it off pretty well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Trust me, I'm not one of those (although the first one was pretty badass http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif) . I agree with you in that I LOVE taking on entire hoards of guards and coming out without a scratch 'cause I'm so ****ing MLG! (Lulz http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif)
I even suggested that they introduce a sort of wave system in Virtual Training to satify my need to slay thousands of guards in a short period of time. Kind of like the killstreak modes except they don't have a time limit.

MISFITxCREEPx
05-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Mic_92:
And I don't see where you get the idea that you can't be stealthy in AC2-ACB because you definitely can. If you can't resist the urge to run straight to your enemies it's your own fault.
I think they were saying that there is no incentive to be stealthy because they made the combat so much easier, not that stealth was impossible.

iN3krO
05-14-2011, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by dchil279:
Nah, don't take away hidden blade counters completely, just make it as hard as it was to perform in AC1. I know In AC2 it got a bit easier and in ACB it took absolutely no skill or timing but if they just restore the difficulty of AC1 it''ll be fine

Have you read properly? i've not said the counters or the killstreaks... i've just said combos (ability to be striking until you do a execution like with sword or with dagger) and instead of it, just add katar for those who want it...


Originally posted by BradKinn:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mic_92:
My god..you guys are acting as if we couldn't kill 1382146 guards easily in AC1 too. Remember Arsuf.
And I don't see where you get the idea that you can't be stealthy in AC2-ACB because you definitely can. If you can't resist the urge to run straight to your enemies it's your own fault. What? maybe the templar grunts when you were making your way to De Sable, but when you fought those six or seven elite guards it was hard. And the stealth in AC2 and Brotherhood was usually a set path </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - It took me 2 hours to defeat the guards and kill roberto de sables... it was annoying but fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

2 - In ac2 and brotherhood if i fail the stealth part i have nothing to worry about cuz i'm a GOD... Unlike ac1 where if you don't have enough skill the guards just rip you off as they usually did with me on my first run (:

GunnarGunderson
05-14-2011, 07:42 AM
I'm fine with chaining attacks but they shouldn't be one hit kills, something like Batman Arkham Asylum would be desirable. Same thing with counter attacks, they should just give you more time to go one the offensive

TheMusingMoose
05-14-2011, 08:35 AM
I just want to go on record as saying that the combat in the ACU is not a challenge. It is however, immensely satisfying. I enjoyed AC, AC2, and AC:Bro. I enjoyed AC2 and ACB more that AC though. In AC, even if you had perfect timing, you couldn't get a combo kill every time. So I just stood there and countered with my hidden blade, and I almost never got hit.

Mic_92
05-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:


1 - It took me 2 hours to defeat the guards and kill roberto de sables... it was annoying but fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif



Dude..How? It wasn't much harder than AC2, you just had to wait in defense til one of them attacks you and counter. Easy stuff.

iN3krO
05-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Mic_92:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:


1 - It took me 2 hours to defeat the guards and kill roberto de sables... it was annoying but fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif



Dude..How? It wasn't much harder than AC2, you just had to wait in defense til one of them attacks you and counter. Easy stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had offensive combat tatics.... now i can defeat them even with offensive combat tatics cuz i got enought skill... and yes it was much harder than ac2 and brotherhood...

Mic_92
05-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mic_92:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by daniel_gervide:


1 - It took me 2 hours to defeat the guards and kill roberto de sables... it was annoying but fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif



Dude..How? It wasn't much harder than AC2, you just had to wait in defense til one of them attacks you and counter. Easy stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had offensive combat tatics.... now i can defeat them even with offensive combat tatics cuz i got enought skill... and yes it was much harder than ac2 and brotherhood... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe to you, I had no problem killing any guards and that battle with Robert de Sable didn't take me long at all. And I'm not bragging either, I saw many people say the same.
AC2 may have been easier but it was in no way hard.

GunnarGunderson
05-14-2011, 07:30 PM
stop arguing about De Sable's guards it was easy for some people because they were good at the combat in AC1, In Ac1 you could actually get better at the combat as you progressed, In AC2 onward it was incredibly easy all the way through

iN3krO
05-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
stop arguing about De Sable's guards it was easy for some people because they were good at the combat in AC1, In Ac1 you could actually get better at the combat as you progressed, In AC2 onward it was incredibly easy all the way through

I was only talking about de sable's guards cuz they were the most dificult thing to me in the game (except kill templairs when i had not counter ability) <- Sequence 2 if i remember well xD

Now ac1 is just too easy for me and ac2/b is just a game for kids.... even my little sister could do it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

GunnarGunderson
05-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:
stop arguing about De Sable's guards it was easy for some people because they were good at the combat in AC1, In Ac1 you could actually get better at the combat as you progressed, In AC2 onward it was incredibly easy all the way through

I was only talking about de sable's guards cuz they were the most dificult thing to me in the game (except kill templairs when i had not counter ability) <- Sequence 2 if i remember well xD

Now ac1 is just too easy for me and ac2/b is just a game for kids.... even my little sister could do it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I said stop arguing, go ahead and talk civilly, And yes, even without using armour or the crossbow ACB is still worlds too easy

xsatanicjokerx
05-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
In ac1 you were slow scaling, the more powerfull guards were as powerfull as you in the final sequence and you hadn't killstreaks and comboos with the hands

In ac2 hidden blade was upgraded, now it's a double hidden blade, you can assasinate from hidden places and you have poison and a gun that you can use... Now you can too fight with the hidden blade which makes the game too easy. The guards now are some ******ed guys that don't know even counter attack and you have too much health. Now you can scale faster which is a noticeable upgrade incentivating stealthy ways to complish missions.

In ac:b the hiden blade is upgraded again with poison DARTS, now you can inflitate poison in guards without being detected... you have killstreaks and guards now strike you while you are attaking their friends... guards grabs you too but they don't throw you away. they block your attack but they don't counter-attack you like in ac1... now the gun aims faster (which make you able to kill faster when guards are still running after you) and you got a "bow" (which is good for stealthy ways)... They added elevators and they give more options for stealthy ways to acomplish the missions...

With almost every addition in ac2 and ac:b (and the downgrade of the AI of the guards) ubisoft is incentivating us to do the missions thought a agressive way and not thought the stealthy (which is the creed way)...

I know ac1 was worst than ac2 and brotherhood and that i can still do missions thought stealthy way but if i fail with the stealthy way i got no challenging killing guards which makes me sad and forces me to play thought a agresive way to don't being boring.

So i was thinking about someways to incentivate the stealthy way giving the option to chose an agresive strategy only for those who got skill and i would like to now what you think in my suggestions:

- Remove sword like combos with hiden blade (don't remove the killstreaks)
- Make guards able to do what they used to do in ac1 (templairs used to grab you or break your defense....) when they are in group they could just hold you how the fast guards do at ac:B...
- Make guards attacks as powerfull as our attacks (Brutos in ac2 are ripped of with 3 sword attacks while they need to hit you like 8 times with the axe)...
- Increanse the time for aiming with the gun and increanse the time that a arrow needs to reach the target.... Make the knife velocity similar to ac1 so that you need to have skill to know when you can throw knifes or not.
- Remake guards able to say where did you go after beating them (you needed to use hidden blade to finish with them) (They would be crying in the ground only if they are beaten with non-letal attacks like in ac1)...
- Require some timming to be able to do killstreaks (like the combo timming)

In addition, for those who want an agresive strategy they would add a new weapon that would cost 50k (and they would be able to buy 2 to use double handed)... that new weapon is the katar:
http://www.gnwtc.com/wea141.JPG

Ppl would be able to run with them in the hands (like when you run with hidden blade out) but they wouldn't be able to grab a salient if they are gona fall of the roof... they would need to save them to be able to scale and the guards wouldn't be able to stop an assassinate with them... the man to man combat system would be a copy of ac2/brotherhood hidden blade combat system.

If this weapon got potential in ac3 they could add more katars (like the diffrent sword and diffrent daggers) but ignoring damage and only seeing velocity, block and broke (5 stars in broke means it's unbrokeable)

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

For the story, i want to say that desmond part of the story is pretty nice.
Altair story gave me a good philosofical side and a good sign of the meaning of the creed, plus i've learnt that assassin's should fear and listen to their enemies too (and ezio don't).
Ezio in ac2 was a stupid guy... In the start he was just romantic than they killed his father and brothers and he got the assassins suit... after he killed the first guy he said: HEY ITS ME EZIO AUDITORE I'M ALIVE! than he start trust everyone that got in his sights without questionating how did they know he is ezio auditore (like antonio)....
In ac:b ezio gave me more assassin-like felling.. now he uses his mind and there's the felling of a brotherhood unlike ac2... althought the assassin's towers replacing borgia's tower did not fit the assassins cuz they are meant to be stealthy and have a tower in their enemies city is not properly being stealthy...
For ac:r i hope they got back the philosofical part of altair story but with some emotional fellings (which altair doesn't shows up offten but that we can see them)... I hope too that assassin's den don't work 100% like assassin's tower....
second image down on the left. the sentiel is holding that weapon.http://www.gamoholic.net/index...n-Game-Informer.html (http://www.gamoholic.net/index.php/Stiri/PC/Assassin-s-Creed-Revelations-ne-va-oferi-multe-raspunsuri.-Scans-din-Game-Informer.html)

iN3krO
05-15-2011, 06:16 AM
@xsatanicjokerx I know it's on the multiplayer but since than i've remembering that assassin'ns often used katar... i had 2 and i remember using it how ezio uses hiden blade now and that's why i'm suggesting it to remove the combat system of hiden blade in ac2 and brotherhood...

What do you think about the bold suggestions?

n00bfi_97
05-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Ah. the memories...

InfamousQ1987
05-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Ah. the memories...

Even I know not to revive old threads, and I have less than 100 posts... Close this plz.

GunnarGunderson
05-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Ah. the memories... you just exhumed my thread and now we have to seal it with concrete

n00bfi_97
05-13-2012, 09:21 PM
you just exhumed my thread and now we have to seal it with concrete

Lol u mad?

Assassin_M
05-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Lol u mad?
Im sorry but, you shouldnt bring back old threads and over crowd the newer ones just to say "Ah...Memories"
And You should be more respectful towards other members..

n00bfi_97
05-13-2012, 09:45 PM
Lol sorry about that. I also wasn't trying to be rude; I was just joking :o

Assassin_M
05-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Lol sorry about that. I also wasn't trying to be rude; I was just joking :o
Oh thats alright then, I apologize for my hastiness in judging the situation..

OriginalMiles
05-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Why did someone revive this?

InfamousQ1987
05-14-2012, 04:24 PM
wow bump

Ahhh why not, BUMP!!!

Black_Widow9
05-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Bumping Topics and resurrecting them is against the Forum Rules. Please don't do it again.
Thanks