PDA

View Full Version : TB3s!

XyZspineZyX
08-06-2003, 11:11 PM
Well I`ve been dilly-dallying a bit with the Campaign while waiting for the patch. I decided to start the Leningrad Fighter again (as much to test the CTD as anything else).

On my 3rd mission we were tasked to accompany 4 TB3 bombers against an airfield! Well, I`ve played 3 campaigns and escourted every other bomber but never the TB3s. I thought they simply hadn`t programmed them into escourt missions.

It was great trying to protect those hopeless beasts against the 109s. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Ok, not much, but a nice surprise for me.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
08-06-2003, 11:11 PM
Well I`ve been dilly-dallying a bit with the Campaign while waiting for the patch. I decided to start the Leningrad Fighter again (as much to test the CTD as anything else).

On my 3rd mission we were tasked to accompany 4 TB3 bombers against an airfield! Well, I`ve played 3 campaigns and escourted every other bomber but never the TB3s. I thought they simply hadn`t programmed them into escourt missions.

It was great trying to protect those hopeless beasts against the 109s. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Ok, not much, but a nice surprise for me.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
08-06-2003, 11:20 PM
If the AI didn't bail at the first holes in the thing, it would be really easy to protect those things.

I mean, they have fire extinguishers! I've never ever lost an engine in one except when someone cuts a wing off, then I loose two.

Recently I was flying in a P-40, B-239, P-11c, and TB-3 only server(my new squad, the Fighting Irish), and those P-40's must have torched each of my engines 3 times, for a total of twelve engine fires . . . .I just kept hitting the fire extinguisher and putting them out . . . and after those attacks I was still getting 80% out of each of the engines . . enough to bomb the enemy base (although I was too low and killed myself (and two e's) with the bombs)

I love TB-3's

XyZspineZyX
08-06-2003, 11:38 PM
Heh, I was doing some 109G against them, IL2's and He111's in QMB yesterday to practice some b&z. They are pretty ferocious even with a good bit of speed and decent AOA against them! They are a blast to take apart though but you better come packing with cannons as they seem to shrug off .50's like mosquito bites. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<center>http://members.rogers.com/4xtreme/chbanner.jpg