PDA

View Full Version : What angle do i have to set the Pe-2 Bombsight to?

AaronFelder
06-28-2008, 11:40 AM
To get the best idea where my bombs are gonna hit? I have the TAS and Altitude above target parameters set,,but not the Bombsight,what would be the ideal angle to set it to?

AaronFelder
06-28-2008, 11:40 AM
To get the best idea where my bombs are gonna hit? I have the TAS and Altitude above target parameters set,,but not the Bombsight,what would be the ideal angle to set it to?

Deedsundone
06-28-2008, 12:07 PM
First release height is set in the sight. The triangular marker will be seen moving around the circumference. At this stage the actual value around the circumference is not important, simply set the release height using the digital read outs. Remember the Release Height is Altitude Target elevation. Next enter the release TAS. Again you will see the triangle ref marker move around the circumference of the sight. Simply set the TAS using the digital readouts. With Both TAS and Release height set the sight combines these inputs to calculate the release site angle (θ). With both TAS and Release height input the Triangle Ref marker now represents the correct release sight angle.
The actual sight angle is represented by the hollowed out marker. Driving the hollowed sight angle marker over the release triangle sets the correct sight Angle (θ). As the target arrives at the centred bubble manually release the bombs.

Taken from PE-2 OPB1 Bombsight Operation on Mission4Toady site