PDA

View Full Version : New hero for AC: 3

Hideru
07-08-2010, 03:32 PM
Ubisoft's Jean-Francois Boivin has revealed the first ever details about Assassin's Creed 3 to GamerZines, telling us that the yet-to-be-announced title will feature a "new setting" and a "new hero".
Talking to us at an Ubisoft event held in London on Wednesday, Assassin's Creed's Production Manager said that introducing a new character and setting to each numbered title in the franchise is "the way it works".
"Yep, that's the way we see our numbers," said Boivin when we asked him whether Assassin's Creed 3 will see a new lead character.
"Assassin's Creed 3: new setting, new hero. That's the way it works."
Assassin's Creed 3, of course, is not to be confused with this year's Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood which, though being the third core game in the series, continues the story of Ezio, the assassin introduced in Assassin's Creed II.
That game launches in November this year, though judging by talk today Assassin's Creed 3 may still be a fair way off. Boivin told Eurogamer yesterday that an Assassin's Creed title would not be releasing during 2011, pointing to a 2012 release for Assassin's Creed 3.

source
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> http://www.gamerzines.com/ps3/...creed-3-details.html (http://www.gamerzines.com/ps3/news/assassins-creed-3-details.html) </pre>

Hideru
07-08-2010, 03:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Ubisoft's Jean-Francois Boivin has revealed the first ever details about Assassin's Creed 3 to GamerZines, telling us that the yet-to-be-announced title will feature a "new setting" and a "new hero".
Talking to us at an Ubisoft event held in London on Wednesday, Assassin's Creed's Production Manager said that introducing a new character and setting to each numbered title in the franchise is "the way it works".
"Yep, that's the way we see our numbers," said Boivin when we asked him whether Assassin's Creed 3 will see a new lead character.
Assassin's Creed 3, of course, is not to be confused with this year's Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood which, though being the third core game in the series, continues the story of Ezio, the assassin introduced in Assassin's Creed II.
That game launches in November this year, though judging by talk today Assassin's Creed 3 may still be a fair way off. Boivin told Eurogamer yesterday that an Assassin's Creed title would not be releasing during 2011, pointing to a 2012 release for Assassin's Creed 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

source
<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> http://www.gamerzines.com/ps3/...creed-3-details.html (http://www.gamerzines.com/ps3/news/assassins-creed-3-details.html) </pre>

Deathgrim666
07-08-2010, 03:51 PM
what about desmond?

lilbacchant
07-08-2010, 04:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathgrim666:
what about desmond? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

By "new hero", they almost certainly mean new ancestor. And, frankly, this isn't exactly groundbreaking news. I'd have only been surprised if they came out and said they were returning to Altair or Ezio, or that it'd be Desmond only without an ancestor.

bearsbball11
07-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Yeah, no surprise there. I doubt there will be much left to Ezio's story after AC:B

SWJS
07-08-2010, 07:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yeah, no surprise there. I doubt there will be much left to Ezio's story after AC:B </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Unless he lives to be 200 years old and moves to a new country. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

EzioAssassin51
07-08-2010, 08:16 PM
I think it'd be good but i do hope we get to play as Desmond too!

A cool way to end with Ezio is him maybe sleeping with someone and then the Animus zooming into her stomach (like with Altair in AC2) so it ends with his memories or something!

Account_Deleted
07-08-2010, 09:02 PM
chances it will just be a new ancestor

Oatkeeper
07-08-2010, 09:43 PM
judging from mervana said, we have quite the adventure in store for us.

Im actually curios if the Multiplayer will be used again in Ac3, and If so, how will the timeline change effect it.

I will admit I was worried about multyiplayer in brotherhood, but since it isnt AC3 I was going to let it go and try it. now I am very excited for multiplayer, and if it turns out to be as good as it looks I would love to see it continued. Im just wondering if it will stay throughout the series.

Of course the single player is the event of the game, and I love how the series continues to evolve with each new game.

I guess I sort of de-railed the topic for a second, lol

opisamra
07-08-2010, 11:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ubisoft's Jean-Francois Boivin has revealed the first ever details about Assassin's Creed 3 to GamerZines, telling us that the yet-to-be-announced title will feature a "new setting" and a "new hero".
That game launches in November this year, though judging by talk today Assassin's Creed 3 may still be a fair way off. Boivin told Eurogamer yesterday that an Assassin's Creed title would not be releasing during 2011, pointing to a 2012 release for Assassin's Creed 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well at least there not doing what we feared which was to rush out a game every year. I hope that they take their time with AC3 and make it improve on AC2 as much as AC2 did on AC1. Oh and I hope they set it in India. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

SevketErhat
07-08-2010, 11:33 PM
I bet on France and period of French Revolution

HoneysuckleRose
07-08-2010, 11:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Boivin told Eurogamer yesterday that an Assassin's Creed title would not be releasing during 2011, pointing to a 2012 release for Assassin's Creed 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2012 isn't too much of a surprise really, that's a date mentioned in the game after all! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SevketErhat:
I bet on France and period of French Revolution </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still keeping my fingers crossed for the Napoleonic Wars...

kaihime
07-09-2010, 01:40 AM
although i will miss it it is a good thing that they will spend some time on it and make it good http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif hope the new hero is a female http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

godsmack_darius
07-09-2010, 04:08 AM
2012 release...Fml...

sameer_monier
07-09-2010, 05:53 AM
i have an idea of poll and i hope someone pull it, since AC3 is a long shot away i think we should choose the ancestor we want to play with and the era

so if someone remembers the assassin's in the secret place under the villa in AC 2 he should make a thread to choose which one we want to play with, then he/she have to make a mix of 2 character, we can in AC3 play with 2 different ancestor to cover different areas at the same time

so the poll should be divided into 2 parts :
part 1 : separate character choice
part 2 : mix character choice

so what do you think about it good ?!

EzioAssassin51
07-09-2010, 06:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sameer_monier:
i have an idea of poll and i hope someone pull it, since AC3 is a long shot away i think we should choose the ancestor we want to play with and the era

so if someone remembers the assassin's in the secret place under the villa in AC 2 he should make a thread to choose which one we want to play with, then he/she have to make a mix of 2 character, we can in AC3 play with 2 different ancestor to cover different areas at the same time

so what do you think about it good ?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eh... why don't you make it?

And why is everyone obsessed with it being set during a war/Revolution??

BK-110
07-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Well, I expected a new ancestor and setting, so no surprises there. I like how Assassin's Creed III will most likely be released in 2012, since it matches well with the story. :3

sameer_monier
07-09-2010, 06:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sameer_monier:

Eh... why don't you make it?

And why is everyone obsessed with it being set during a war/Revolution?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pretty simple i don't remember the whole ancestor names, and 2nd thing i don't know much of AC history like some here do, i played AC 1 for it's half then the CD didn't work, so i didn't have the chance to finish it, then i played AC 2 and finished it but still didn't finish it 100%, there are better fans than me here, and if i could i will make it no worries

by the way i don't like the idea of war/Revolution it will open the door for guns, so much guns, rifles and more, and i don't think we are ready for that yet

tyrce111
07-09-2010, 08:09 AM
Ubisoft is falling behind on the AC series...
ACIII will probs be put on shelves in 2012...

Isn't that the same year that something to do with the sun and the gravitation pull of the earth destoys our planet or whipes out the human race????????????????????????????

Soz...Fell asleep on the ??
stay sober guys!!

Catcha tmoz!

lilbacchant
07-09-2010, 12:50 PM
by the way i don't like the idea of war/Revolution it will open the door for guns, so much guns, rifles and more, and i don't think we are ready for that yet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll never be ready for that.

bearsbball11
07-09-2010, 01:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lilbacchant:
by the way i don't like the idea of war/Revolution it will open the door for guns, so much guns, rifles and more, and i don't think we are ready for that yet </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll never be ready for that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Neither will I. The LAST thing I wanna see is a game full of guns. That would take all the fun away http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
I would like to see Desmond as the hero of the last AC game though, which I'm guessing will be the case

lilbacchant
07-09-2010, 02:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bearsbball11:
Neither will I. The LAST thing I wanna see is a game full of guns. That would take all the fun away http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif
I would like to see Desmond as the hero of the last AC game though, which I'm guessing will be the case </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure Dez will be in AC:3, but I suspect that there will still be an ancestor(s?) involved. The developers have all-but identified this franchise w/ stories that involve historical timeperiods, so I can't see them not visiting another one.

We might see more of Dez in AC:3 than the previous games though ... especially if they wrap-up his story in AC:3.

wilykat85
04-13-2011, 01:01 PM
I think that the third one should Not be in the middle of a war though it would be benifical to the assassins but i think i should also be in a western country. if we rememeber AC:2 there we assassins in many diferent countries but we have stayed in Europe for AC1, AC2, & ACB. i think its denfinatly time for an asian influence or african hell even in the americas but anywhere but europe agian. kinda bored with it.
i think a nice add on for any of these games would be to play as the assassins in the villa. i think it would be cool.
i dont know if i like the multiplayer or not i dont have internet at home yet (mainly because its all dial up out here, in the boonies yes) but i do think it would be nice to have a local multiplayer rather then it just be online i think it should be both. i just think it sucks me and my friends cant really play multi player unless we are online. just my opinion. take it or leave it.

NuclearFuss
04-13-2011, 01:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wilykat85:
we have stayed in Europe for AC1, AC2, & ACB. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Because the Middle East and Holy Land are definitely in Europe http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

And your point about playing the assassins in the villa defeats the purpose of the Animus, seeing as you'd have to be related to, or simulating them. And simulations would be pointless for trying to get information.

itsamea-mario
04-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Well Israel is sort of in europe.
And Acre was portrayed as very european.

El_Sjietah
04-13-2011, 02:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Well Israel is sort of in europe.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It isn't at all. They're only considered part of European affairs because none of the countries in their region like them.

Not to mention that Israel didn't even exist back then.

BioPulse.ps3
04-13-2011, 03:03 PM
yay. remember that we won't get many details on desmond. we only get information on the ancestor story and desmond's story is always kept a secret. as it should be.

yay again. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

GunnarGunderson
04-13-2011, 03:05 PM
I'm glad they're taking more than a year to make it, the wait will kill me though

itsamea-mario
04-13-2011, 03:07 PM
The modern parts are usually the parts i'm most excited about seeing.

crash3
04-13-2011, 03:47 PM
i want to see more links between the different assassin ancestors-for example ezio has restored/re-established the brotherhood, maybe the ac3 assassins celebrate ezio in their ceremonies

Rawbbeh
04-13-2011, 03:58 PM
If you ask me, Brotherhood was amazing. And left my jaw officially dropped. I didn't look up ANY spoilers. and I was extremely surprised at the ending.. but after the DaVinci Disappearance there's really not much left but unimportant things here and there. For Ezio anyway. He's a cool guy by the end, but me and my girlfriend agree; we're tired of him. We both want to see more of Desmond. I mean, for a game based around him, he's barely even there. They spent 2 training Desmond to be an Assassin. Brotherhood was spent doing things you should already know about. (Don't wanna put any spoilers for anyone who doesn't already know about Brotherhood.).. But the opening with Desmond in Brotherhood was the reason I would start over. Just to play as him. I love Desmond. I think he's funny and smart. And paired with Shaun it's funnier than Hell. All of the characters from the "future" need more development if you ask me. More story. More time. Even Vi****. We don't need a new hero. We need Desmond.

SAVMATIC
04-13-2011, 04:22 PM
they of course will include both desmond and an ancestor. that is what people expect, and there are two differing opinions you have to satisfy....this guy says hes most excited for the modern parts...okay well a bunch of others, myself included, dislike the modern parts completely and enjoy the games because of playing in the past(I have no problem playing more ezio, altair or an entirely new assassin), so they cant go one way or another without risking big chunks of their fan base.

Also, umm they have to choose a "revolution" or whatever it is because it plays into the storyline they are following, obviously. Quit crying about locations, they have a clear story they are going with, they know what they are doing. Also, French Revolution doesnt mean a ton of guns...get your history straight. It will be just fine.

crash3
04-13-2011, 05:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SAVMATIC:
they of course will include both desmond and an ancestor. that is what people expect, and there are two differing opinions you have to satisfy....this guy says hes most excited for the modern parts...okay well a bunch of others, myself included, dislike the modern parts completely and enjoy the games because of playing in the past(I have no problem playing more ezio, altair or an entirely new assassin), so they cant go one way or another without risking big chunks of their fan base.

Also, umm they have to choose a "revolution" or whatever it is because it plays into the storyline they are following, obviously. Quit crying about locations, they have a clear story they are going with, they know what they are doing. Also, French Revolution doesnt mean a ton of guns...get your history straight. It will be just fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well said

i personally want to see gentlemens duelling in AC3 it would be so cool and it would incorporate some amazing sword skills/moves

rain89c
04-13-2011, 06:33 PM
It's everything I would have wanted to hear.

New setting + new Protagonist.

Praying for East Asian setting/1700s/Male Protagonist *
Would be cool if they would implement a modern city for Desmond to roam in, and in addition an ancient setting for the ancestor. FULL fledged cities though.

oh, and happy to hear that AC3 won't be rushed to be released this year.

Blind2Society
04-14-2011, 01:16 AM
The only prob I have with 2012 release is; What if the world ends? I'll never get to know what happens. Unless I can beat it in a month of course. Or if Desmond saves the world http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

crash3
04-14-2011, 05:14 AM
i hope the series goes on past 2012, 3 or 4 games isnt enough to complete the whole story or experience enough aspects of the assasins creed universe

after 2012 play as desmonds brother or son or something, desmonds objective is to stop the satellite launch and to activate the temples that will somehow save the world (dont know how), desmonds brother or son afterwards could have the objective to wipe out the templar order for good which could last another 3 or 4 games! id play em all!

EnXess
04-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Hmm, certainly seems to hint to me they're going for more than just 1 more numbered sequel...

Rawbbeh
04-14-2011, 12:40 PM
I dunno. I'd like to end the series, atleast for a while, on the next game. We don't want Ubisoft to just milk a cash cow.. I mean.. look at every other game that's had that done to them.. Halo (After 2 it was just the exact same game with minimum story differences, a few new weapons, and still the absence of fun), Mario (Need I say more?), Tony Hawk (Goes without saying, considering the last game was their worst selling game, yet.)... the list goes on, yo. (Of course, I should probably say that those were all my opinions, save for the Tony Hawk one, so I don't start a flamethread. Sorry if anyone disagrees with me.) They should end the story, there. And if they do continue, why not do it with a different person. Like, say.. Subject 16? Take us back to what he did, what he saw. Then it wouldn't be SO bad. Mostly because it's a new story. New places. And, hopefully upgrades that aren't miniscule.

crash3
04-14-2011, 02:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rawbbeh:
I dunno. I'd like to end the series, atleast for a while, on the next game. We don't want Ubisoft to just milk a cash cow.. I mean.. look at every other game that's had that done to them.. Halo (After 2 it was just the exact same game with minimum story differences, a few new weapons, and still the absence of fun), Mario (Need I say more?), Tony Hawk (Goes without saying, considering the last game was their worst selling game, yet.)... the list goes on, yo. (Of course, I should probably say that those were all my opinions, save for the Tony Hawk one, so I don't start a flamethread. Sorry if anyone disagrees with me.) They should end the story, there. And if they do continue, why not do it with a different person. Like, say.. Subject 16? Take us back to what he did, what he saw. Then it wouldn't be SO bad. Mostly because it's a new story. New places. And, hopefully upgrades that aren't miniscule. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

id love to play some parallel storylines, like subject 16 or another assassin within the moder day brotherhood

Rawbbeh
04-14-2011, 03:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
id love to play some parallel storylines, like subject 16 or another assassin within the moder day brotherhood </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Spoilers have been slashed through at the very bottom of the post*

Oh yeah. He went all over the world, too (sort of anyway), so there wouldn't be any shortage of action. I know for sure he went to Fuedal Japan.. Don't really know where else, though, but it seems like he was all over the place. Problem is, he was in the Animus so long, you wouldn't see his face. Maybe play through the entire game seeing only Vi**** and Lucy, like in First Person, or something to hide his face, while in the Real World, but then you get into the Animus and then everything's like it used to be in AC1, i.e. same hud and whatnot. Then at the end of the game you find yourself breaking the rules, causing rifts and stuff, and after the credits, you get to see Subject 16, recording the message in the Truth from Brotherhood, <STRIKE>but you don't see him like you did in Brotherhood. You see him. His real body. </STRIKE> Know what I mean?

EnXess
04-14-2011, 04:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rawbbeh:
I dunno. I'd like to end the series, atleast for a while, on the next game. We don't want Ubisoft to just milk a cash cow.. I mean.. look at every other game that's had that done to them.. Halo (After 2 it was just the exact same game with minimum story differences, a few new weapons, and still the absence of fun), Mario (Need I say more?), Tony Hawk (Goes without saying, considering the last game was their worst selling game, yet.)... the list goes on, yo. (Of course, I should probably say that those were all my opinions, save for the Tony Hawk one, so I don't start a flamethread. Sorry if anyone disagrees with me.) They should end the story, there. And if they do continue, why not do it with a different person. Like, say.. Subject 16? Take us back to what he did, what he saw. Then it wouldn't be SO bad. Mostly because it's a new story. New places. And, hopefully upgrades that aren't miniscule. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it was planned as a trilogy and by that I've always felt they meant Desmond's story and once that's over they'll move to something else. Thing is, the Assassin's Creed team has an amazingly dedicated and passionate writer and assuming they keep him the games will never fall short of what we expect (given it'd be hard to balls up the system) so to be honest if it becomes a cash-cow I'd never care.

Rawbbeh
04-15-2011, 01:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EnXess:
so to be honest if it becomes a cash-cow I'd never care. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as it's not a useless cash-cow, then I don't either. I'm not too big on knowing the staff at Ubi. I wasn't a big fan of theirs, didn't really care about them, until Assassin's Creed. So it's good to hear they have a writer like that. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

prooijtje
04-15-2011, 05:22 PM

Or what if you can go the Animus-menu and switch characters, that way making the player to get clues from different countries and ages to finish the story line