PDA

View Full Version : what are the templars trying to do? [minor spoilers]

cavemanIWHAP
11-25-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm a little confused about the storyline. What exactly are the templars trying to do with the POE? I read something about them trying to send one into space to prevent this event supposed to happen in 2012. But does that mean then that the templars and the assassins are trying to achieve the same thing?

Please no ACB spoilers becasue i havnt finished the game yet.

The_Sphinx
11-25-2010, 05:36 PM
Nobody really knows.

The templar movement [Abstergo] is pictured as this evil society trying to rule the world, but there's a lot more context than just that.

The overall storyline of Assassin's Creed is immensely complex, I could probably write a 500 page essay on everything going on in the background. It's fascinating stuff.

ninja_7_7
11-25-2010, 05:39 PM
We could probably create a bible about it. What should we call it actually? The Creed?

RipYourSpineOut
11-25-2010, 05:40 PM
I don't know word for word, but I think the Templars DO share the same goal as the Assassins, creating peace in the world and uniting everyone, though the way the Templars are achieving this goal is wrong (by getting a PoE into space, mass brainwashing/mind-control so they obey the Templars.) The Assassin's goal, along with achieving peace is to stop the Templars quest for power.

...I have no clue if any of this is right http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

neophyte12
11-25-2010, 05:51 PM
essentially the templars believe that people are so inherently evil/ incapable of peace, that they feel it is their obligation to bring them piece/reason by brainwashing them...kind of reminds me of the old european mindset towards africans...they viewed them as savages, and thought it was they're obligation to go over there and take over their countries to civilize them, (as shown in the poem "take up the white man's burden")

of course in the case of europe at that time, it was simply an excuse for gaining land/control, which is also a possibility with regards to the templars

Radman500
11-25-2010, 05:55 PM
the templars want control more than anything else... wealth, political power etc. means nothing to them.. they want to enslave mankind

obliviondoll
11-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Might want a "minor spoilers" tag on this thread. There's nothing too bad here, but some might complain.

The piece of Eden they want to send into space will control the minds of almost everyone on Earth.

The Assassins want peace through understanding, the Templars only care about the "peace" part and will use any means to get it.

The 2012 disaster thing is something the Templars don't know about, as far as we can tell, and was only learned by the assassins in AC2.

assassin087
11-25-2010, 06:03 PM
What the templars want is good but how they plan to achieve it not so much.

You see the templars are sending a PoE into space to control the world and make it peaceful by brainwashing everyone.

DarthEzio55
11-25-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by ninja_7_7:
We could probably create a bible about it. What should we call it actually? The Creed?

we should call it "The Truth"

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by RipYourSpineOut:
I don't know word for word, but I think the Templars DO share the same goal as the Assassins, creating peace in the world and uniting everyone, though the way the Templars are achieving this goal is wrong (by getting a PoE into space, mass brainwashing/mind-control so they obey the Templars.) The Assassin's goal, along with achieving peace is to stop the Templars quest for power.

...I have no clue if any of this is right http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I believe the exact same thing. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Same goal, but different ways of achieving that goal.

Nick1021
11-25-2010, 08:00 PM
They want exactly the same thing as the assassins. But they play to mind control everyone to make peace.
But the assassins are trying to kill people for the greater good.

Evan52395
11-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Both sides are trying to achieve peace. Both sides have different definitions of the word.

cavemanIWHAP
11-26-2010, 05:13 PM
K I did some reading up and it seems to be that the assassins believe in free will and the cost of a few lives to ensure that is ok, while the templars are trying to re-create Eden where everthing was perfect by using the POE to control mankind. It's a great storyline can be a lot to get your head around sometimes though.

Wind91
11-26-2010, 06:32 PM
The war between the Assassins and the Templar is a war of ideas.

Assassins - free will of humanity is paramount, humanity must and should decide it's/their own fate. Peace must come through understanding and knowledge, free will must be the methods for it.

Templars - Humans are incapable of achieving peace, we are corrupt - as such our free will should be stripped and peace be imposed upon the world through the Templars controlling everything.

The templars dont know about the crisis because those who came before don't like them either.

Some backstory - as you know in AC2 we find out that the ancient race use humanity as slaves, but then the crisis happened and humans broke away. I parallel i see is that the Templars want to do what the Ancients did originally. However the Ancients saw that humanities free will has to be protected as does the race. Hence why they favor the Assassin's/Desmond.

XxKillaSniperxX
11-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by DarthEzio55:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninja_7_7:

we should call it "The Truth" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing is true, everything is permitted.