PDA

View Full Version : Das Boot

stevenwhiting
03-30-2005, 11:10 AM
Darn search engine!

The ending. How ironic.

Anyway. Yeah so just finished watching it. Was good. Due to not being a hardcore subsim fan I thought I'd point out 2 things I noticed that might be mistakes but everyone loves it so much so hasn't been mentioned.

Oh and what were the goggles for that the captain kept putting on?

!POSSIBLE SPOILERS!

Near the end when they finally fix the balists and surface, they do during the day. But I thought they were close enough to shore, when they went down, that when they surfaced during the day, wouldn't they have been spotted. Secondly. When they surface, its calm. Then he asks for the engines and its now suddenly rough?!?!

Just being pickie but thought I'd mention it.

NaturalBornGoth
03-30-2005, 11:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Oh and what were the goggles for that the captain kept putting on? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those were goggles with dark glasses. They helped getting they eyes accustomed to the dark, even when they weren't using red lights below deck. Important for visually spotting contacts at night.

stevenwhiting
03-30-2005, 11:23 AM
Ah right, thanks.

Alarrrmmmm
03-30-2005, 12:22 PM
well,there was a considerable gap between the time the captain asked for the engines to start, and when they surfaced, and obviously, they were moving afterwards. its a quality film! :P