PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated server help

skabbe
01-02-2005, 10:35 AM
hello i need all the help there is, if you can post a good guide or something, i dont even no were to start, dont no were to install, i have installed Dedicated server in a seperate folder and nothing works. and so on...

skabbe
01-02-2005, 10:35 AM
hello i need all the help there is, if you can post a good guide or something, i dont even no were to start, dont no were to install, i have installed Dedicated server in a seperate folder and nothing works. and so on...

MaxMhz
01-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Dedicated server connects to the 1.22 (FB standalone) room on UBI - that's a UBI error and is STILL not fixed...

You can however host on Hyper...
rename il2server.exe to il2fb.exe, then when logging onto hyperlobby hold Shift and Ctrl keys while clicking connect and point it to the server exe (now named il2fb.exe)...

You do know you cannot join a game from the machine the server runs on do you? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
You need another rig for that ...

skabbe
01-02-2005, 11:13 AM
what? how weird is dedicated server. i got 3.03m patch and 3.03 Dedicated server. now i dont get anything of this

TX-Zen
01-02-2005, 11:53 AM
ftp://209.163.147.67/Dedicated-Server-3.03m/

You can download the server204.exe and the server_v204_to_v303m.exe. These are the two base files that will create a version 3.03m for pacific fighters. Extract 2.04 first, then overwrite existing when you extract 3.03m to convert from 2.04 to 3.03m.

(If you have the stand alone PF install, you will not be able to play on this because it's the FB+ACES+PF dedicated server package)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=23110283&m=692106434
The link will take you to the dedicated server setup thread that is full of usefull information. It might require a learning curve, but last time I checked it had everything you need to run your own server, so I won't reprint all that.

On the FTP site I've included my sample server.cmd file that has a list of all the difficulty options as well as dotrange settings so you can get an idea of what they look like.

Hope this helps, <S>

Troll2k
01-02-2005, 03:06 PM
The dedicated server software runs on a dedicated machine in a dos window .No video,no audio,no stick inputs.

You can not play on the same machine that hosts a dedicated server.(hence the name dedicated)

However you can host a game from within the game.(if behind a router you must forward port 21000).If on Hyperlobby just start a game using Hyperlobby there is no need to have the game running first.It will launch the game for you.

If you are trying on Ubi.com from behind a router I believe that it is not possible to host at this time.