PDA

View Full Version : Question of Skill

PhoxDevil
01-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Alright so I'm honestly curious (sorry if it's a noob question) if my skill is to blame when I get owned by a running 150 point kill guy when I'm trying to stealthily move in on my target.

Serrachio
01-01-2012, 10:22 PM
If you can catch them in an ability half of the time, you have skill.

But I have to say, there are times where my pursuer can sprint at me for low amounts of points, and I can't react in time.

I can use Mute, but they run so fast that they've already killed me when it activates. I can use Smoke, but I dead before it goes off. Charge sometimes doesn't work in short distances.

What to do, what to do?

PhoxDevil
01-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
If you can catch them in an ability half of the time, you have skill.

But I have to say, there are times where my pursuer can sprint at me for low amounts of points, and I can't react in time.

I can use Mute, but they run so fast that they've already killed me when it activates. I can use Smoke, but I dead before it goes off. Charge sometimes doesn't work in short distances.

What to do, what to do? Yeah, I'm usually turning my screen around rather rapidly to see any suspicious movement, but a lot of the times it seems like they manage to get me when I let my guard down for a moment and blind side me while I'm not paying attention to that specific side, or in the middle of going for my target when I'm like right next to them.

PlasticAssasin8
01-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Sometimes it's better to settle for the 100 point contested you will get for trying to stun.

If you waste an ability then it ******s your efforts until it resets. Honestly though if they want to get a 150 point kill then they wont be streaking ahead of the field all that much.

Maybe camp and watch for pursuers to get used to where they and how they walk towards you.

PhoxDevil
01-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by PlasticAsasin8:
Sometimes it's better to settle for the 100 point contested you will get for trying to stun.

If you waste an ability then it ******s your efforts until it resets. Honestly though if they want to get a 150 point kill then they wont be streaking ahead of the field all that much.

Maybe camp and watch for pursuers to get used to where they and how they walk towards you. Yeah, they can sometimes pull it off though by running at you just at the right moment. It just makes me so mad when I'm taking my time to get in position for a kill and this annoying runner comes up and kills me. I find it much more satisfying when I get killed by someone who legit hid well and slowly got close to me, when I get killed by a runner, it just makes me mad lol.

Ferrith
01-02-2012, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by PhoxDevil:
I find it much more satisfying when I get killed by someone who legit hid well and slowly got close to me, when I get killed by a runner, it just makes me mad lol.

Same here, except that I've got used to it by now. There is nothing you can do with roof campers and runners. I don't care if they come first and get more points either. I play just for fun. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

PhoxDevil
01-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Ferrith:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhoxDevil:
I find it much more satisfying when I get killed by someone who legit hid well and slowly got close to me, when I get killed by a runner, it just makes me mad lol.

Same here, except that I've got used to it by now. There is nothing you can do with roof campers and runners. I don't care if they come first and get more points either. I play just for fun. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Lol, I always tell myself to just play for fun but I can never seem to get that straight. I always end up going about it in a really competitive way. I guess being competitive is my way of having fun lol, even though it leads to me raging.

Ferrith
01-02-2012, 01:34 AM
There's nothing wrong with being competitive, it's just that I stick to the way I like to play the game and try to get better at it. Personally, I find those who taunt all the time, with no rhyme or reason, more irritating than roofers and runners.

Chronomaancy
01-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Ferrith:
There's nothing wrong with being competitive, it's just that I stick to the way I like to play the game and try to get better at it. Personally, I find those who taunt all the time, with no rhyme or reason, more irritating than roofers and runners.

I make it my personal mission when someone taunts me to chase them down for the rest of the game.

weeklydose
01-02-2012, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by PlasticAsasin8:

This. I found out in the early days of Brotherhood, back when the lag was just starting to get noticeable, that your abilities are useless against pursuers who will sprint at you full speed for minimal points.

If you have pursuers like that, let them sprint at you. Let them get their 150 or 100 points. Yes, it screws up your streak and it screws up you trying to get a high point kill, but when (in ACR) I have Kill Buffer equipped and I can get the Honorable Death, I'm okay with it.

Also, sometimes getting your full-sprint 150 point kill can be a legitimate strategy, too. When I'm one regular kill away from my streak and I know my target is very mobile and/or aware of his surroundings, I won't hesitate to rush in to just get my streak.