PDA

View Full Version : Did this bug the crap out of anyone else?

Edengoth
08-15-2009, 12:33 AM
You know in AC1 when you're running from guards and you drop from a rooftop to break line of sight and find a hide spot? You know how LOS isn't broken until you just about hit the ground?
Did it make anyone else spew liquid rage when all the scholars and benchsitters would break up before you hit the ground because you were still in LOS for a split second? Suddenly I am left with nowhere to hide and have to keep running because of those antsy plebs.
A) That *needs* to be adjusted in AC2.
B) I'm just glad the haystacks don't poof apart or something when you get too close while exposed. (Hoping for a Kaxen comic on that one.)

Xanatos2007
08-15-2009, 12:39 AM
Not really, because I was smart enough not to get detected in the first place. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Account_Deleted
08-15-2009, 01:28 AM
ahah well i think this isn;'t that same thing but,
when your on running from guard and you do a quick sharp turn around the corner,
the supsicouse (sp) meter is still beeping yellow a few seconds after.
it's anoyying since you don't know if you have to keep running or quick jump to nearest save

LaurenIsSoMosh
08-15-2009, 01:42 AM
Yeah... I always had bench warmers jump up like right as I sat down. It made me feel stupid a lot, but it never really annoyed me that much.

Eventually I quit trying to find hiding places and just started outrunning them.

Account_Deleted
08-15-2009, 01:49 AM
Or outstabing :P

caswallawn_2k7
08-15-2009, 06:14 AM
I never actualy used any ground hiiding so I never realy noticed this, I always out ran them across the roof tops into one of them hut things or ran to leap of faith or as stated above taking plan b and just killing every1.

bladencrowd
08-15-2009, 06:20 AM
When the bench thing happened to me I would just let my frustration out on the guards.

Serenity9066
08-15-2009, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
I never actualy used any ground hiiding so I never realy noticed this, I always out ran them across the roof tops into one of them hut things or ran to leap of faith or as stated above taking plan b and just killing every1.

That's exactly what I did. Knifes were my friends when doing assassinations XP. I noticed when I try to run to a bench after the guards lose sight of me I'll accidentally ram into the people sitting on it, and then can't sit down.
It got a little frustrating, but then there's always haystacks and those weird hut things on the roofs.

Next time I play the game through from the beginning I'm going full blown assassin, and not act like a thug XD.

Bladencrowd I love your signature lol.

Danvish
08-15-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by bladencrowd:
When the bench thing happened to me I would just let my frustration out on the guards.

Bingo!

obliviondoll
08-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
Yeah... I always had bench warmers jump up like right as I sat down.
Once when this happened to me, I stayed sitting and the guards ignored me even though I was on a bench by myself.

It was awesome. Then I stood up and knifed three of them in the back before they realised where I was.

Sarcross
08-15-2009, 09:58 PM
You mean to say that you just didn't fight it out? Wow, I guess I went into it head first.

obliviondoll
08-15-2009, 10:05 PM
They walked past me sitting on the bench by myself... And I was trying to be all stealthy... but still kill everyone.

Sarcross
08-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Everytime I hid it was by accident or to finish up the assassination. What bugged me was how you'd hit a thug once and then boom the guards jump on you, but you bludgeon a lady, or an old man and they just look on as if its Sunday Night Football.

Chiiru22
08-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Sarcross:
You mean to say that you just didn't fight it out? Wow, I guess I went into it head first.

I guess we're just bullies, amirite? Lol

Xanatos2007
08-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Sarcross:
Everytime I hid it was by accident or to finish up the assassination. What bugged me was how you'd hit a thug once and then boom the guards jump on you, but you bludgeon a lady, or an old man and they just look on as if its Sunday Night Football.
I would've thought the guards would see it as a favour by beating up thugs. And has anyone ever seen the thugs actually doing any 'thugging'?

obliviondoll
08-16-2009, 01:09 AM
They join in the fight when you're beating up interrogation targets.

On the other guy's side, of course.

Xanatos2007
08-16-2009, 01:33 AM
But they never mug civilians or anything, and why don't they use their knives?

Azugo
08-16-2009, 01:34 AM
If this happens and I get annoyed at it, I just kill all the guards that are chasing me. XD

Airadan
08-16-2009, 02:06 AM
You know in AC1 when you're running from guards and you drop from a rooftop to break line of sight and find a hide spot? You know how LOS isn't broken until you just about hit the ground?
Did it make anyone else spew liquid rage when all the scholars and benchsitters would break up before you hit the ground because you were still in LOS for a split second? Suddenly I am left with nowhere to hide and have to keep running because of those antsy plebs.

yup all the time I just put my head in a pillow and scream http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Sarcross
08-16-2009, 02:45 PM
You actually would think the "Muggers" would mug somebody... They're more like friends of the people... they only attack you when you go after one of them or a civilian really, and I'm surprised guards don't melee anybody.