PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pressure, Quantity and Oil Pressure Gauges

JHAT-
12-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Hi all,

I was flying the Corsair (f4u-1c I guess, the one with 4 20mm cannons)) in a mission and got hit by a zero. ALright, my engine starts to smoke from the upper side and a "Tank leaks" message appears. The smoke was black coming from the tank in front of the cockpit. As it didn t stop, I started looking at the pressure and fuel gauges to see for how long I d still be able to fly. All of them seemed normal, oil pressure ok, fuel pressure ok, fuel QUANTITY AS IT WAS BEFORE. Alright, although the leak didn t seem to stop I thought it had. Couple minutes later my engine stops and the black thin, oillike smoke is still there... Now, do these gauges work or are they there just to represent the real ones???

JHAT

Korolov
12-18-2004, 02:40 PM
Fuel tank leak won't affect the fuel pressure coming into the engine - just the quantity of the fuel you have left. I don't think there's any way to lose fuel pressure going into the engine, currently.

The oil pressure guage works fine, though.

ColoradoBBQ
12-18-2004, 02:47 PM
ARe you using the 3.02 beta patch? I test the F4U series and the pressure gauges do work. Don't forget to check your manifold pressure and RPM gauges to see if the problem is there.

JHAT-
12-18-2004, 07:08 PM
Yup, latest version. I thought as my fuel goes away, the pressure also drops. But ok, the oil gauge was ok because I wasn t losing oil http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Just asked. But the fuel quantity kept constant..