PDA

View Full Version : Voice Buddy

Saunders1953
12-25-2004, 11:22 AM
Can anyone tell me if this works as good as it sounds? I'd love to forget chasing around the keyboard in the middle of a white knuckle scrum.

With TrackIR and Voice Buddy, the game must be pretty sweet.

Diablo310th
12-26-2004, 08:16 AM
I have Voice Buddy and it works great. Get teh updates for IL2 Forgotten Battles and Pacific Fighters.

Saunders1953
12-26-2004, 09:13 AM
Thanks Diablo. Does the VB do a good job with the numberpad views as well? What I mean is, does it move the view quickly enough on voice command to not need a Track IR, or would that still be a good thing to have?

davstub
12-26-2004, 11:00 AM
Yes it works great. The nice bit is that you can customize all the commands to your own liking and add new ones too.
In theory you could use the view commands instead of TrackIR but you would talk yourself silly when the action hotted up.

I like 'Chocks away!' for carrier take offs.

jamesdietz
12-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Got it for Christmas - yet to install - does it plug into where my current speakers are now ...would hate to lose exterior speakers for CD play etc.- can anyone advise?

VOL_Mountain
12-26-2004, 03:26 PM
There is another alternative; a FREE aplication that works very well called "Shoot"

Here's the link:

"Shoot" Download (http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/)

I recommend downloading the individual files separately (not the "3 in one") so you get the latest version of Shoot_1.6.4, Net Framework and SAPI voice recognition engine.

Gents, for the time it takes to DL 3 free aplications and do a little bit of tweeking this has added a new dimension to this Sim.

I use it for wingman commands and chat with the control tower only. I still use key board to control my plane's flaps, gear and stuff like that.

Good Luck!

Bearcat99
12-26-2004, 04:47 PM
Shoot..in conjunction with a good HOTAS setup, rudder pedals,and TIR? IMMERSION BABY!!!!!

My controller setup (MSFFB2/X45/CH Pedals/TIR)allows me to put all the commands on my sticks.. from drop tanks to tip smoke and eveerything in between.... like Mountain I only use it to communicate with the AI, be it tower or wingmen/flight.

GvSAP_Wingnut
12-26-2004, 05:31 PM
I've used them both, recommend either, especially Voice Buddy if you don't mind paying for it and want something a little easier to work with (unless there's been major updating to Shoot).

I use VB now, mostly for controlling AI and some aircraft commands.

Saunders1953
12-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Thanks for all the information, guys. I'll checkout Shoot before I get VB.