PDA

View Full Version : Re:More Aircraft Types

Baronbutcher
05-19-2006, 01:00 AM
What is going to happen with Pacific fighters in regard to more aircraft types? A lot of important aircraft types were missing. Is a third party developer going to take up expanding this sim. JAAF and JN in particular have much missing. NO later bombers ie Ki67, Ginga bomber, D4Y Judy Dive bomber, B6N Jill Torpedo bomber, older Ki 21 Sally. Fighters
Ki 45 Toryu twin engine fighter and Ki 44 Tojo. Also US aircraft - Ventura, P61 Black Widow, Devastator Torpedo bomber and Helldiver Dive bomber. Their are no flyable torpedo bombers, ships don't avoid AI torpedos, and there should be more ship types and classes. NO Jap cruisers come on!
The Japanese need in particular more modern attack aircraft in 1944 and 1945 although they did use old types as well. Be fair. Also stated (by a Russian) that the LA and Yak series was superior to the Me109 and Fw190, that is a matter of opinion and the model of the fighter. The FW190D 'Dora' was just as good as the Russian fighters although the Yak3 was a hand full and more maneuverabe at low altitude. The Fw190 was superior at high altitudes to those Russian fighters, generally more better armed and lets not forget these planes battle US and RAF fighters. The USAAF P51 Mustang, and Hawker Tempest are a match for the Russian fighters. The Russians had good designs but numbers (and brave pilots and crews common with all nations) more than anything overcome the Luftwaffe. The Luftwaffe had few fighters on the Eastern front 1943 to 1945. Soviet losses were enormous 1943, 1944 in the air. Another thing the Pe2 had high losses like the IL2 Sturmovik, despite being a good aircraft the Pe2 carried a small load, when it good out run German fighters this was the Me109e NOT THE BF109f, G,OR K., SO this was very early and limited on the Eastern front. Also the Pe2 had a lot of trouble bouncing on airfields and accidents - read squadron signal books about the pe2 and IL2. The 109 although out classed chalked up the highest amount of kills than any other plane in history, due to its deployment, numbers made and available and its many opponents. 109's suffered heavy losses too especially on the Western front against the USAAF and RAF with P51,P47 and later Spitfires and Tempests although it still claimed quite a few kills with good pilots. The USSR suffered many bomber losses too, but down played a lot on their losses at Kursk etc. like their tank losses up until recently, but even now won't give out full details, despite more honest info.
Japanese suffered heavily in aircraft losses alot of US aircraft survived battles but a lot were written of or replaced where with Japanese aircraft hits were most often than not fatal.
ANyhow how about more aircraft for all theatres to expand this potentially the greatest sim series around and for the future.
I love to fly an Do17Z-2 in the BOB, and Ki45, George for Pacific fighters.
G55, Sm79, B26, I am still dreaming, Oh well.
Thanks Marcus http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Baronbutcher
05-19-2006, 01:00 AM
What is going to happen with Pacific fighters in regard to more aircraft types? A lot of important aircraft types were missing. Is a third party developer going to take up expanding this sim. JAAF and JN in particular have much missing. NO later bombers ie Ki67, Ginga bomber, D4Y Judy Dive bomber, B6N Jill Torpedo bomber, older Ki 21 Sally. Fighters
Ki 45 Toryu twin engine fighter and Ki 44 Tojo. Also US aircraft - Ventura, P61 Black Widow, Devastator Torpedo bomber and Helldiver Dive bomber. Their are no flyable torpedo bombers, ships don't avoid AI torpedos, and there should be more ship types and classes. NO Jap cruisers come on!
The Japanese need in particular more modern attack aircraft in 1944 and 1945 although they did use old types as well. Be fair. Also stated (by a Russian) that the LA and Yak series was superior to the Me109 and Fw190, that is a matter of opinion and the model of the fighter. The FW190D 'Dora' was just as good as the Russian fighters although the Yak3 was a hand full and more maneuverabe at low altitude. The Fw190 was superior at high altitudes to those Russian fighters, generally more better armed and lets not forget these planes battle US and RAF fighters. The USAAF P51 Mustang, and Hawker Tempest are a match for the Russian fighters. The Russians had good designs but numbers (and brave pilots and crews common with all nations) more than anything overcome the Luftwaffe. The Luftwaffe had few fighters on the Eastern front 1943 to 1945. Soviet losses were enormous 1943, 1944 in the air. Another thing the Pe2 had high losses like the IL2 Sturmovik, despite being a good aircraft the Pe2 carried a small load, when it good out run German fighters this was the Me109e NOT THE BF109f, G,OR K., SO this was very early and limited on the Eastern front. Also the Pe2 had a lot of trouble bouncing on airfields and accidents - read squadron signal books about the pe2 and IL2. The 109 although out classed chalked up the highest amount of kills than any other plane in history, due to its deployment, numbers made and available and its many opponents. 109's suffered heavy losses too especially on the Western front against the USAAF and RAF with P51,P47 and later Spitfires and Tempests although it still claimed quite a few kills with good pilots. The USSR suffered many bomber losses too, but down played a lot on their losses at Kursk etc. like their tank losses up until recently, but even now won't give out full details, despite more honest info.
Japanese suffered heavily in aircraft losses alot of US aircraft survived battles but a lot were written of or replaced where with Japanese aircraft hits were most often than not fatal.
ANyhow how about more aircraft for all theatres to expand this potentially the greatest sim series around and for the future.
I love to fly an Do17Z-2 in the BOB, and Ki45, George for Pacific fighters.
G55, Sm79, B26, I am still dreaming, Oh well.
Thanks Marcus http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

actionhank1786
05-19-2006, 01:04 AM
I think for the time being, it's pretty much done with in terms of add on aircraft in PF.
All that's been planned to be included in game, if i remember right is already in Oleg's hands, or close to finished.
We are missing a lot of things in PF, Carrier based torpedo planes being one of the things most people touch on, but apparently due to some stuff between Oleg and others, and lack of resources there wont be any comeing.
I'd love to see a lot of the planes you mentioned but unfortunately i think we've seen all we'll see after the next two add on's are released.
Rumor has it though, a last patch/add on will have some free stuff that isn't in the two remaining add ons, but that's all here-say.

rushworth1
05-19-2006, 01:18 AM
That's how I see it too mate.
IL2 and PF have the 2 small add ons and that's it.

AVG_WarHawk
05-19-2006, 03:48 PM
It's not over til it's over http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

FoolTrottel
05-19-2006, 05:51 PM
And, once it's over, it still can be heaps of fun! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

heywooood
05-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Oleg has indicated that 3rd party work will continue on all FB/PF fronts - just very slowly.

Bearcat99
05-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Regardless... if there was nothing else forthcoming for this sim... even as it is at this moment it is SLAMMIN..

MucusG
05-22-2006, 05:06 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif