PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed, sequel multi player

warlock3600
10-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi
We all know there isn't a multi player in the first assassin's creed and that there are going to be 2 sequels. What I'm getting at is that I might have thought of brilliant multi player for Assassin's Creed.
Here it is:
So there are clans but not just game clans but assassin clans like the one in Assassin's Creed. Each clan has fortress which there are many different designs of and upgrades which the leaders of the clans control. But this all costs money which can be earned in different way such as assassinations and other quests. Between clans there are alliances and wars (nothing new there) but as this would be real so a war between two big clans might allow a small clan to take over or have another effect. However there wouldn't be a rpg thing where only the high levels that could own the lower levels would be aloud in the good clans but that doesn't mean every one will have to be the same in fact hope fully every assassin would be different. For instance in a game called boarder lands coming out on 360 each weapon in the game is different and there is a lot of weapons! So it wouldn't be who had the best weapon it would be who could use there particular unique weapon the best or most effectively.
(Also there could be AI assassins as well as the ordinary people in the game).

Ok I think that is about all of it, I know it would take a lot of work but I think it might be do able. Please tell me what you think or any ideas you have.

alitair
10-29-2007, 09:46 AM
That sound pretty sweet, I think it would be cool if you could play as the leader of the third crusades from either sides of the religions and start a war, or they should make an Assassin's Creed Strategy game...........Naw that wouldnt work haha

pgsmitty
10-29-2007, 10:24 AM
so in essence what your getting at is for one of the sequals, the Hassasshians become divided amidst their ranks and this causes several smaller groups of assassins to be created. And these smaller groups each have there own fortress either in the old fortresses that they had in the citys or build new ones on like the outskirts. And all these groups are waging war against on another to unite as the Hassasshians again but with a new and powerful leader. Am I catching the right drift here? Because it sounds like a sweet idea, just wanna make sure i'm following it completly.

warlock3600
10-29-2007, 10:34 AM
yeh pretty much
that would be a good way to explain how it happened (the different clans that is)
also it would be online multi player so people around the would be assassinating each other and attacking each others fortresses in clans plus computer side quests. there would be a lot of assassins so there would have to be a massive area to play in

pgsmitty
10-29-2007, 10:37 AM
now theres just one major issue that this whole thing would bring up.....levels and abilities. Would you be just a regular assassin with no distinct abilities except the ones you had in the first AC or would you be able to persay have an ability where you poison your dagger? And as for levels they could probally pass right over that having everyone the same level and just do some sort of ranking system. Like when you first start out you are an Initiate and all that kind of stuff.

Falkart
10-29-2007, 10:43 AM
It sounds like a good idea but you need to remember that people are stupid. Assassins creed is all about getting sucked into the past and becoming the assassin, learning the lore and behaving as you would in Altair's place. Having hundreds of assassins running around would take away from that experiense, not to mention it turning into counterstrike.

If they do put multiplayer into AC at somepoint in the series I belive it will be more or a 2-4 player coop. This would allow each player to play through a level and get all the story and role playing elements while not leading to random chaos.

pgsmitty
10-29-2007, 10:45 AM
If anything it would be neat if they did it sort of Diablo 2 style, were you can only have a max of 8 people and you can either work with each other, work apart, or fight against each other. That way your getting some elements of everything but your not causing mass chaos with thousands of Altairs.

warlock3600
10-29-2007, 10:54 AM
i was thinking that it would expand on the first Assassin's Creed in terms of variety so different assassins specialize in different techniques, weapons and tactics a bit like in other games
and it would be the human player not the character who would improve and the measure could be along the lines of your reputation (but to a limit)
you would be able to unlock things but not to necessarily to make you better but more unique if you can see what I'm trying to say

warlock3600
10-29-2007, 11:00 AM
how about if you had your world for your can (which would be bigger than in the first assassin's creed) and the a max of say 4 other clans could join for a time to wage war

this idea would need work but i think it could work

arbiol
10-29-2007, 11:32 AM
let this idea out of the game (i think AC2 and AC3 have to be in the style of AC)
but your idea sounds great for a MMORPG. without levels. the clan who does more missions (well done missions) gets more money, the more money you have, the more you can spend in your fortress or equiping your clan-mates

dragfindel
10-29-2007, 11:37 AM
assassins work in small groups, you can't have a clan of 10.000 ppl that would blow your cover.
btw it could be fun but then again boring because it could be mindless killing

warlock3600
10-29-2007, 11:46 AM
the clans wouldn't be 10,000 more like 20
and the idea was it could maybe built into assassin's creed
for instance instead of just one person in the future being a master assassin they could bend it so it was more

arbiol
10-29-2007, 12:03 PM
btw it could be fun but then again boring because it could be mindless killing

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gifby the moment all MMORPGS are boring ^^

Dark_zip
10-29-2007, 12:08 PM
you shouldn't post this kind of ideas here because someone will steal it and work it out further and make lots of money of it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Asdans_Assassin
10-29-2007, 12:33 PM
So it could be an assassins version of chromehounds? This incorperated into AC would be the best multiplayer game in the world! Somehow I highly doubt it though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/5006/ninjaassassinedited1qz9.jpg

Greenman2000
10-29-2007, 12:44 PM
thats an brill idea the ony thing i dont like is the higher levels own the lower levels and the higher levels get in the best clans that seems a little unfair but overall a good idea

warlock3600
10-29-2007, 12:52 PM
you must have read it wrong i said to not have levels that make the top people much better than the others, READ IT AGAIN

Greenman2000
10-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by warlock3600:
Hi
We all know there isn't a multi player in the first assassin's creed and that there are going to be 2 sequels. What I'm getting at is that I might have thought of brilliant multi player for Assassin's Creed.
Here it is:
So there are clans but not just game clans but assassin clans like the one in Assassin's Creed. Each clan has fortress which there are many different designs of and upgrades which the leaders of the clans control. But this all costs money which can be earned in different way such as assassinations and other quests. Between clans there are alliances and wars (nothing new there) but as this would be real so a war between two big clans might allow a small clan to take over or have another effect. However there wouldn't be a rpg thing where <span class="ev_code_RED">only the high levels that could own the lower levels would be aloud in the good clans</span> but that doesn't every one will have to be the same in fact hope fully every assassin would be different. For instance in a game called boarder lands coming out on 360 each weapon in the game is different and there is a lot of weapons! So it wouldn't be who had the best weapon it would be who could use there particular unique weapon the best or most effectively.
(Also there could be AI assassins as well as the ordinary people in the game).

Ok I think that is about all of it, I know it would take a lot of work but I think it might be do able. Please tell me what you think or any ideas you have. ok carm down i was scaning not reading

aappleyard
10-29-2007, 01:19 PM
I like the idea :P

Maby make the clans or Guilds limited to the size of like 20 yeah. And have no skills gained or anything just you get better as you play. And you unlock and buy different clothes and weapon looks , NOT weapons, just the style of look of the weapons. Maby introduce some abilities that can be used in Sp and MP which use a friend like running and jumping onto the shoulders of a fellow assassin and then grabing hold of a previously unreachable edge then the other climbs up you then you pull your self up ect.

Maby add stuff like up to 20 pople on 1 mach at any time.

Matches like Assassination King. Who can assassinate the target first and return to the fortress the quickest. And a team version. You will beable to attack each other ect.

Maby a freestyle mode where you can just jump around with friends .

I dont know :P

Ghost Dog 3
10-29-2007, 01:25 PM
The only gameplay I can see work with Assassin's Creed is Campaign and coop!

I can't see this game become a multiplayer vs game. Like someone said before "this would turn into senseless killing game"

Dark_zip
10-29-2007, 01:30 PM
check out my idea (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5601064206) it could be done without to much work

aappleyard
10-29-2007, 01:48 PM
What about a up to 3 player Co-op game where you can customize your assassins clothes ect. Not weapons or anuything.

Id rather it be 3 player than 4+ because then its simpler to player with 3 than more. Plus if there is just 2 players then its kind of lonely.

Maby allow a co_op , Single Player only. No multiplayer matches. Just Co_op and SP.

Maby add some new moves Co_op orientated like my previous post. Stuff like back to back fighting with swords would be cool like something for the pirates of the carabean sort of coriography.

:P

franan2212
10-30-2007, 12:19 AM
For a multiplayer idea i think it would be good to have seperate assassin clans hidden around the cities. Each Assassin clan would have their own building large enough to hold a max of 20 people. These clans could ally with each other or go to war with each other but points would only be given for killing the leader of the other team and more points would be given for the more assassins are left on the other team. This would stop the senseless killing as more points would be given for less deaths. Plus it makes it more challenging as you have some teammates looking for your target while some protect it. (Something like a Splinter Cell Multiplayer could work to).

Also have customisable clothes and weapon loadouts so everyone doesnt look the same. A co-op campaign would also work well i think

Ghost_6262
10-30-2007, 12:34 AM
dark_zip your idea is good although stolen from SCDA its good. you added the assassination part but what would AC be w/out assassinations. although i belive the teams should be fair and not so many while we are at it. 3 or 4 to each team. remember in sword fighting both the assassin and guard are equal one fatal blow kills each. the assassin prolly has better reflexes though.

Legolas00198
10-30-2007, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by GhostDog3:
The only gameplay I can see work with Assassin's Creed is Campaign and coop!

I can't see this game become a multiplayer vs game. Like someone said before "this would turn into senseless killing game"

Ooo yeah, coop would own, but we all no it aint gonna happen. It would be good if there were player made mods, as in the ones for oblivion that made a multiplayer option.

Awesome idea too, although not into the PvP style things but it would work awesome if the clans had to co operate to get the the target before the other clan to claim the prize.