PDA

View Full Version : Part of the reason why AC is so popular

Royal.Mist
11-23-2007, 05:01 AM
Because a major group of fans are idiots. Yes I know you can flame me but look around at some of the questions being asked of these highly intelligent people.

"What is Player Marker?"
"Why do I have no investigations?"
"Why do I have no View Points?"
"Why can't I beat the templars at the end? There MUST be a reason other than me sucking. plz help!!1one"
"Why do I have no View Points?" - Had to be added a second time because it's asked so often.
"What's a harasser?"
"Is the main character real?"
"What is the release date of Assassin's Creed 2?" -lol
"Why is the ending so stupid? It's not because I'm too unintelligent to understand it though, I swear!"
"What's a templar?"
"How do I eavesdrop?"
"I'm going to try and go to a Local News Station to complain about this game!" -Not a question but incredibly lulzy.
"OMG!!? Where is crossbow?"
"Will you please raise the age rating so my 'son' can buy the game?"

Though I'm laughing to myself reading these I honestly can't be bothered to through more than 4 pages of questions. (Yes, all these were found in four pages. Amazing.)

This is likely the reason why so many over look repetitive investigations, easy combat and stupid AI.

Investigations: Punch guy, pickpocket guy, sit on bench and listen.

Combat: Hold Right Trigger/R2, press X. Let go of Right Trigger/R2, Spam X/Square.

Stupid AI: Kill guard, blend, "OMFG WHO DID THIS?!"

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm not saying EVERYONE is a operating close to the level of mental ******ation but come on.

Anyway, I'll get flamed and I couldn't care less. Enjoy, I hope it makes some of you laugh as it did me.

EDIT: I feel I should add that I like Assassin's Creed for the last 2 hours of the game. All of a sudden there is actually interesting plot twists and interesting game play. It's a shame they couldn't have fixed the million other problems with the game (over-exaggeration) in order to keep the game up to par with its finest moment.

MiniAssasin
11-23-2007, 05:16 AM
i can tell you those threads are stupid made by stupid people and yet i have no issues with the game

i got what i was expecting because i looked into the game indepth. most peopel who complain seem to think there is alot more to offer, or they believe the monumental hype the game got.

sure the combat is easy, summing i really like
sure they could do with soe extra minimissions, some more things to do
sure the game could have a thousand more things included that i could come up with

but a games a game, it wont have everything in it, they never do

who cares

--
i dont see how the last 2 hours is any better than the rest, all you do is go to your kill its someone else ride to a part in the kingdom have about 20 reptative battles teleport to the assassins place get to ya master and kill him

nothing really groundbreaking about it, no different to the rest of the game really
--

anyway thats the problem with open ended games, theres no structure so they become dull. even gta gets dull once you realsie that its very limited

avsrule247
11-23-2007, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by Royal.Mist:
Because a major group of fans are idiots. Yes I know you can flame me but look around at some of the questions being asked of these highly intelligent people.

"What is Player Marker?"
"Why can't I beat the templars at the end? There MUST be a reason other than me sucking. plz help!!1one"
"Why do I have no View Points?" - Had to be added a second time because it's asked so often.
"What's a harasser?"
"Why is the ending so stupid? It's not because I'm too unintelligent to understand it though, I swear!"
"What's a templar?"
"How do I eavesdrop?"
"I'm going to try and go to a Local News Station to complain about this game!" -Not a question but incredibly lulzy.

Though I'm laughing to myself reading these I honestly can't be bothered to through more than 4 pages of questions. (Yes, all these were found in four pages. Amazing.)

This is likely the reason why so many over look repetitive investigations, easy combat and stupid AI.

Combat: Hold Right Trigger/R2, press X. Let go of Right Trigger/R2, Spam X/Square.

Has anyone else noticed this? I'm not saying EVERYONE is a operating close to the level of mental ******ation but come on.

Anyway, I'll get flamed and I couldn't care less. Enjoy, I hope it makes some of you laugh as it did me.

EDIT: I feel I should add that I like Assassin's Creed for the last 2 hours of the game. All of a sudden there is actually interesting plot twists and interesting game play. It's a shame they couldn't have fixed the million other problems with the game (over-exaggeration) in order to keep the game up to par with its finest moment.

<span class="ev_code_RED">EXCELLENT POST! I totally agree with you 100% about people being idiots. All those questions that you posted are so dumb and people can't think for themselfs.</span>

Royal.Mist
11-23-2007, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by MiniAssasin:
i can tell you those threads are stupid made by stupid people and yet i have no issues with the game

i got what i was expecting because i looked into the game indepth. most peopel who complain seem to think there is alot more to offer, or they believe the monumental hype the game got.

sure the combat is easy, summing i really like
sure they could do with soe extra minimissions, some more things to do
sure the game could have a thousand more things included that i could come up with

but a games a game, it wont have everything in it, they never do

who cares

--
i dont see how the last 2 hours is any better than the rest, all you do is go to your kill its someone else ride to a part in the kingdom have about 20 reptative battles teleport to the assassins place get to ya master and kill him

nothing really groundbreaking about it, no different to the rest of the game really
--

anyway thats the problem with open ended games, theres no structure so they become dull. even gta gets dull once you realsie that its very limited

The 1191 AD part of the game was boring and the one and only good part was when I found out the Master was a double crossing Templar. The real world was so much better and we only spent, at most, 45 minutes in it. Especially the codes hidden everywhere and the such.

Anyway, this is just my opinion of the game and wasn't the point of discussion.

Kada-Dix
11-23-2007, 05:32 AM
agreed

The "Player Marker" post gets my vote as the most ridiculos...

still it took me two goes to complete the "pot carrier" tutorial

"oh, press and *Hold* the circle button!"

rogue_tom
11-23-2007, 06:10 AM
You can't stupid questions with all games. Show me a video of you doing the guard blends kill thing 3 out of 3. I've tried multiple times and it doesn't work that often.

Royal.Mist
11-23-2007, 06:16 AM
Send me a video camera then.

chickmgnt222
11-23-2007, 10:56 AM

"What is Player Marker?"
"What's a harasser?"
"What's a templar?"
"How do I eavesdrop?"

You sir, are an idiot as well. You come in here, pulling out your big e-mantool thinking you are so much better than everyone else. Ever think that this is a NEW game with NEW features that some people just might not get or understand? Ever think that maybe some of these people aren't gamers and just picked this up on a whim because they thought it looked good? No, because you and your 'Holier than thou' attitude is why **** like this in forums exists. Over generalizations about the community. Ever think that maybe... just maybe the majority of fans KNOW how to play? I mean, how many copies of the game were sold and how many 'idiodic' posts did you find? What's that? It is an extreme MINORITY? Not, MAJORITY? Oh my God! Try opening your mouth for a change and leave your *** closed.

I will say it again and again... you play the game like you want. Don't want to kill someone so easily? Just don't use the built in feature for the type of stealth they wanted and don't blend. Certainly someone with as much brain-matter as you could figure that out.

Originally posted by rogue_tom:
You can't stupid questions with all games. Show me a video of you doing the guard blends kill thing 3 out of 3. I've tried multiple times and it doesn't work that often.

Killing someone and then just blending is really easy to do. I've done it multiple times. You must just be doing something wrong.

HEEGZ
11-23-2007, 11:16 AM

HAHA, I couldn't find that post but that one had me rolling.

AirRon_2K7
11-23-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by HEEGZ:

HAHA, I couldn't find that post but that one had me rolling.

You wouldn't want to read that topic... it will make you explode into laughter http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

TBH Royal, the only thing that made me laugh is the amount of your time that you wasted trying to make a point. That really, we all noticed, but weren't sad enough to make a large post about. Or a large fuss. Or to come off as such an idiot ourselves.

Solution: Don't press X (A) after you kill a guard.

OMG, name me a game (with ANY amount of combat) which doesn't involve either holding a button, or spamming a button.

arbiol
11-23-2007, 12:27 PM
"What's a templar?"

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif
yes, people make sometimes stupid questions. you and me included. everyone reading this has made a lot of (funny) stupid questions.
AirRon has got a point too. there isn't any game with combat that you don't have to press or hold buttons...
killing 3 of 3 guards (the 3 all together) without they see you it's impossible. you can kill one or two, but when you are killing the 2nd, the third will see you. try that killing the last member of a group of 5 guards in patrol

Royal.Mist
11-23-2007, 08:15 PM
@chickmgnt222

Your name in itself is possibly one of the funniest things on this board unless of course you are talking about actual baby chickens, then it just becomes stupid.

It actually took me very little time to compile some of the stupidest questions asked by the game's most stupidest fans. The reason why they "Don't understand because it's a NEW game." is because they are idiots.

Did you come on here asking how to beat the game? Did I come on here asking how to beat the game? No?

Instead of being a self-righteous r-tard and sticking up for this game and all it's problems, as well as sticking up for the fans, why not just accept the fact that your game is not one of the best things in the world. Which was the point of me creating this post, not to showcase idiots.

What I was saying was that "Idiots have made this game successful." not "idiets r funni lulz!" even though it was quite a good laugh.

And about your solution to stupid AI.... I have to make a SOLUTION for a ISSUE created by AWFUL PROGRAMMING? Yeah, that sounds like the best ****ing business plan I've ever seen put into action. "Problem with your game? Let the consumers sort it out. Make them change their play-style so they don't encounter our ****ty bugs and AI."

@AirRon

As I said to chickmgnt (Lol, whatever buddy) it took very little time to find all these. As I stated earlier that cesspool of un-intelligence was found in only four pages. And as I also told chickmgnt why the hell should gamers change their playing style just so we don't encounter ****ty AI programming by Ubisoft? For four years of 'development' I'd really like to know what the hell they were doing during this time.

@arbiol

Killing the last member in a patrolling group is easy, stealth assassinate from behind then blend.

"OMFG WHO DID THIS!?"

Even when helping citizens I can stealth assassinate three guards before the other one even notices what's going on.

It seems as though low-standards also made this game successful.

"But you can't kill X amount of guards before you get spotted so the AI, is fine. STFU noob!"

Well, I shouldn't even be able to kill a guard who is standing next to another guard. Just go up, find two guards standing side by side and assassinate one and voila, the other guard just stands there like nothing happened.

EDIT: What type of combat would you like me to get an example of that doesn't involve button mashing? I have a few games in my head but I doubt they'd be 'acceptable' examples to you people. But then again you did just ask for combat that doesn't involve button mashing so I guess anything is fair.

Now this post has taken me quite more time than my last post... 7 minutes infact.

sabres3819
11-23-2007, 08:25 PM
LOL

mist you make a good point - even if you do frame it in an arguementative way

Why is evryone so like i know pretend you can't do X or Y because it makes the game more fun

No it fin doesnt it makes you sad and dissasisfied with a gmae if you have to make up your own rules which don't do anyhting i mean come on saying so try not to hit th pot carriers will make it more fun. No because if you make a mistake then nothing happens so it sucks

seriously people i enjoyed this game but everyone was expecting more which hopefully will come in AC2

The game focused on graphics, movement, free running and revolutionize gaming which is fine and is has met those targets unfortunately it has had to sacrifice other things

chickmgnt222
11-24-2007, 01:33 AM
@chickmgnt222

Your name in itself is possibly one of the funniest things on this board unless of course you are talking about actual baby chickens, then it just becomes stupid.

The name is a personal thing and was actually given to me by someone close so up yours, bucko. Besides, if you have to resort to bashing my name to start off your rebuttal you have already lost and it makes anyone with half a brain disregard anything you may say of sense. Besides, maybe I AM a chick magnet. Hmmm, it's the internet. That couldn't possibly be it. Dear God.

It actually took me very little time to compile some of the stupidest questions asked by the game's most stupidest fans. The reason why they "Don't understand because it's a NEW game." is because they are idiots.

You actually took time to do this? Time better spent elsewhere? Time doing any number of other more useful things? Who's the idiot again? I bet you are one of those people that buys a new multiplayer game and calls someone else a noob because they still haven't gotten used to it... 3 hours after it has gone live. Yeah, you'd fit that bill. *stamps a ******* brand across your forehead*

Instead of being a self-righteous r-tard and sticking up for this game and all it's problems, as well as sticking up for the fans, why not just accept the fact that your game is not one of the best things in the world. Which was the point of me creating this post, not to showcase idiots.

I stick up for the game because I don't find it to be full of problems. Instead, I find people to be over-reactive and trying to pass off opinion as fact. Those are the people I respond to. The idiots.

Me thinking this game is good is an opinion. You thinking it isn't is an opinion. Stop trying to self righteously make people think like you. State you don't like certain features and leave it like that. Don't call people idiots because they like a game you don't. You'll wind up with **** on your face.

What I was saying was that "Idiots have made this game successful." not "idiets r funni lulz!" even though it was quite a good laugh.

Idiots have not made this game successful. The buyers did. I mean, you bought the game right?

And about your solution to stupid AI.... I have to make a SOLUTION for a ISSUE created by AWFUL PROGRAMMING? Yeah, that sounds like the best ****ing business plan I've ever seen put into action. "Problem with your game? Let the consumers sort it out. Make them change their play-style so they don't encounter our ****ty bugs and AI."

No, you don't have to. It was merely a suggestion instead of complaining about how it is just so awfully unplayable why not make it playable for you? Why not try and enjoy something you spent good money on? If you simply can't, fine that's your problem. It isn't Ubisoft's. They delivered on what is acceptable in terms of living up to marketing. You can't argue that because interpretation would win there and it could be flared in their favor. Besides, how are you changing your play style? It isn't like you have been playing this for a year and then they release a patch that changes it. No. It is a new game and therefore has no style associated with it. Try using your brain and thinking outside the box. Some may call it a version of roleplaying. Stimulate your imagination. That's what games are supposed to do anyway.

Besides, most games only grant you a right to play now-a-days. They don't grant you ownership of the game. So, it isn't really your game anyway so don't you worry!

And, lastly, 'crappy AI programming' is an opinion. Not fact. Quit trying to force things. State your opinion and hold to it while discussing other's opinions. Don't try to turn yours into fact. It just makes you look like an idiot. Which, I guess would make you fit well into your original post.

AirRon_2K7
11-24-2007, 06:31 AM
No it fin doesnt it makes you sad and dissasisfied with a gmae if you have to make up your own rules which don't do anyhting i mean come on saying so try not to hit th pot carriers will make it more fun. No because if you make a mistake then nothing happens so it sucks

Poor grammar = poor understanding

But I'll do my best.

Every game has glitches, so what, you're going to say that the glitches in a game like Halo and GoW aren't as bad. That we're sad for ignoring them, pretending they're not there. No, idiot, we're trying to make the game more fun to play. Name me one game that has a glitch in it that you won't ignore, for fear of looking sad? How pathetic is that? It's one of the worst formed arguments of all time... Pfft.

Royal.Mist
11-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by chickmgnt222:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Royal.Mist:
@chickmgnt222

The name is a personal thing and was actually given to me by someone close so up yours, bucko. Besides, if you have to resort to bashing my name to start off your rebuttal you have already lost and it makes anyone with half a brain disregard anything you may say of sense. Besides, maybe I AM a chick magnet. Hmmm, it's the internet. That couldn't possibly be it. Dear God.

You actually took time to do this? Time better spent elsewhere? Time doing any number of other more useful things? Who's the idiot again? I bet you are one of those people that buys a new multiplayer game and calls someone else a noob because they still haven't gotten used to it... 3 hours after it has gone live. Yeah, you'd fit that bill. *stamps a ******* brand across your forehead*

I stick up for the game because I don't find it to be full of problems. Instead, I find people to be over-reactive and trying to pass off opinion as fact. Those are the people I respond to. The idiots.

Me thinking this game is good is an opinion. You thinking it isn't is an opinion. Stop trying to self righteously make people think like you. State you don't like certain features and leave it like that. Don't call people idiots because they like a game you don't. You'll wind up with **** on your face.

Idiots have not made this game successful. The buyers did. I mean, you bought the game right?

No, you don't have to. It was merely a suggestion instead of complaining about how it is just so awfully unplayable why not make it playable for you? Why not try and enjoy something you spent good money on? If you simply can't, fine that's your problem. It isn't Ubisoft's. They delivered on what is acceptable in terms of living up to marketing. You can't argue that because interpretation would win there and it could be flared in their favor. Besides, how are you changing your play style? It isn't like you have been playing this for a year and then they release a patch that changes it. No. It is a new game and therefore has no style associated with it. Try using your brain and thinking outside the box. Some may call it a version of roleplaying. Stimulate your imagination. That's what games are supposed to do anyway.

Besides, most games only grant you a right to play now-a-days. They don't grant you ownership of the game. So, it isn't really your game anyway so don't you worry!

And, lastly, 'crappy AI programming' is an opinion. Not fact. Quit trying to force things. State your opinion and hold to it while discussing other's opinions. Don't try to turn yours into fact. It just makes you look like an idiot. Which, I guess would make you fit well into your original post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not going to even respond to a majority of this because it's so tied up in non-nonsensical bashing it makes you come off looking like a total try hard crying over his game.

The point is the game wasted the vast quantity of potential it had with awful development. It was great in theory, ****ty in practice.

Good Day and GTFO.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Because a major group of fans are idiots. Yes I know you can flame me...

So hang on a sec. You start out by calling everyone who likes this game an idiot and then you attempt to claim that flaming responses are beside the point?

I call 'troll'.

Royal.Mist
11-24-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Beeryus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Royal.Mist:
Because a major group of fans are idiots. Yes I know you can flame me...

So hang on a sec. You start out by calling everyone who likes this game an idiot and then you attempt to claim that flaming responses are unfair?

I call 'troll'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, if you bothered to read I actually said those select group of individuals who mindlessly like a game because it's pretty are infact idiots. As referenced by idiotic questions.

EDIT: These idiots overlook game hampering issues, thus creating a seemingly "good" game. Previous examples of idiots being attracted to pretty, empty things: Halo.

Pr0metheus 1962
11-24-2007, 09:50 AM
It's not 'seemingly' a good game. It IS a good game. The main criticism of this game is that it's simple, but simplicity doesn't make a game bad. Checkers is a simple game, dominoes is a simple game, but these games have existed for centuries because they are also good games.

I get the feeling that all the harsh critics of this game are used to games that are needlessly complicated. Complexity does not necessarily equate to quality.

If you don't like the game, sell it and move on. No one here needs to know that you have the same criticisms that have been spelled out ad-nauseam in previous threads. We get it - you don't like it. Get over it!

AirRon_2K7
11-24-2007, 09:53 AM
EDIT: These idiots overlook game hampering issues, thus creating a seemingly "good" game. Previous examples of idiots being attracted to pretty, empty things: Halo.

Subjective.

Royal.Mist
11-24-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">EDIT: These idiots overlook game hampering issues, thus creating a seemingly "good" game. Previous examples of idiots being attracted to pretty, empty things: Halo.

Subjective. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMFG! That single word wins this entire thread.

Seriously, add something or don't post to raise your post count.

chickmgnt222
11-24-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm not going to even respond to a majority of this because it's so tied up in non-nonsensical bashing it makes you come off looking like a total try hard crying over his game.

Do you even know what have the **** you spout out means? Besides, no where have I come across as a die-hard. There are plenty of places where I list out what I think is wrong with the game and what could be better. However, what I post against you and a few others is rebuttle to blanket ignorant statements that are made. There are many things that could be better in my opinion. But, that's just it: IN MY OPINION. That is subjective (the word you claim wins the thread which kills any win you could have had). When people start stating things as true that aren't, I come out of the shadows. Call it 'being annoyed by stupidity' if you will.

The point is the game wasted the vast quantity of potential it had with awful development. It was great in theory, ****ty in practice.

If you had left your first post as this, while being yet another 'review' thread, it would be a lot better than the foolish bashing you did in calling people idiots. Please, respond to the post you so lovingly quoted. I want to hear your reply. Or, is it that you don't have one because you see how stupid you have been? I think I could believe that.

However, debating is half the fun. Shoot, that's one of the smaller reasons I even get involved in a thread like this. The joy of discussion. But, in this case, I think a hatred of stupidity is winning out.

Good Day and GTFO.

It seems as if the person that was trying to incite flames should be the one to GTFO. Besides, if you have to tell me to leave because you can't respond to anything I say only further proves my theory of you being an idiot.

Lots of love,

Chickmgnt.

AirRon_2K7
11-24-2007, 10:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AirRon_2K7:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">EDIT: These idiots overlook game hampering issues, thus creating a seemingly "good" game. Previous examples of idiots being attracted to pretty, empty things: Halo.

Subjective. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMFG! That single word wins this entire thread.

Seriously, add something or don't post to raise your post count. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was from a thread that made a lot more sense than this. It means basically: Don't confuse your opinion (subjective) with fact (objective) because just 'cos you think Halo players are idiots, doesn't mean that they are.

I'll ask this to you, in the hope that maybe one of these avid morons that so frequently post bullcrap can answer this earnestly:

What do you suggest that us "fanboys" play instead? What do you play?

Tornadium
11-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Personally your a ****ing idiot for pointing out the minor bull****ty things.

Let me give you some examples

-The combat is boring a bland!!!

Oh and i suppose FPS kill fests shoot, bunnyhop, nade repeat is any better? What about racing games? Racing around tracks doing pretty much the same thing? Oh i know GTA IS BETTER! Wrong...Same thing only in different circumstances.

-THIS GAME SUX IT HAS NO DEPTH!!

Hmm....Ever played...like any game? There is no ****ing game on this earth which doesn't get repeditive. Name me one.

-******ED AI!!!

Hmmm Pretty advanced AI don't you think? Instead of "LOL SCRIPTED SPAWN SHOOT AT THE PLAYER!!! DIE LOLOLOLOL!!!!" You have somthing new and inovative. Yea grats on that.

-STORY SUX!!

I will repeat again your opinion not mine gtfo you sad piece of ****. Your word is not law.

-Investigations SUX!!

Hmm well name me one game where a side mission doesn't get repeditive? Honestly i can't think of anything. Even in RPGs its always the same, Get somthing from an enemy return, Talk to some one get info return, kill x enemies here ectra. At least this game tried to do somthing different by having the side quests actually help you.

-Buggy Game!

Ive experienced bugs on EVERY game for the 360 that i have bought to date sometimes even worse than what some people are claiming to be happening in AC. I have had 0 **** ups with my game. Know how many i had in halo and GoW (Personally the ****est games ive ever played?)too many to count. Enemies got bugged an didnt die, the MP was bugged in Gears ****ed up roadie run anyone? Halo was bull****ty too sometimes i got one shotted with a pistol with an overshield...Yes thats right.

In any case unless you have a valid ****ing fact to post then keep your mouth shut. We don't give a **** about your holy war to get people to not buy AC.