PDA

View Full Version : Deck Gun Question For U-Boot History Buffs.

NaKacu
04-17-2005, 08:20 AM
Here is my 100,000 dollah question:

How many naval gun shells did u-boats actually stocked when going on patrol? Assuming there was only 1 gun on deck and the size of it differed what would be numbers for each one?

Anyone knows this number and is willing to share?

finchOU
04-17-2005, 08:30 AM
well, I would think they got the number of shells is correct (per U-boat)......the better question is how much damage could you do with a shell? Right now some ship take 8 or less shells to sink....and this happens in like one minute...then the ship slips under....I'm thinking the ships should stay afloat longer, so that we cant tell whether we have put enough in....maybe it only takes 8 shells....but maybe with at damage it takes an hour to sink.....so you keep puting shells into her to sink her faster. That way, your ammuntiion banks will be used up faster...and less of these Huge numbers of tons per patrol.

Fazzx
04-17-2005, 08:44 AM
This is an excellent uboat site that will give you the specs of each type and their armement.Uboats (http://uboat.net/types/projects.htm)

NaKacu
04-17-2005, 08:55 AM
Actually the uboat.net exlpains it -- thanks for the link.

So as a conclusion it is apparent that the # of shells is incorrect. Time to edit the basic.cfg again!

NaKacu
04-17-2005, 09:17 AM
Allright...

now more questions.... how about the AA ammo? Unfortunately the website does not give this answer!

Any help is always greatly appreciated!

panthercules
04-17-2005, 09:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NaKacu:
Actually the uboat.net exlpains it -- thanks for the link.

So as a conclusion it is apparent that the # of shells is incorrect. Time to edit the basic.cfg again! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, I'd say the devs were pretty darn close - the site says"usually 250" and my Type VIIB has 240 - close enough for me (though I will be editing the .cfg file to reduce the number of useless star shells in favor of more HE shells, at least until the devs fix the star shells so they don't all prematurely explode 500 yards away from your own boat)

NaKacu
04-17-2005, 12:50 PM
No doubt about dev team doing a good job at it especially that you can change just about anything.

But the questions still stands -- how much AA ammo was loaded onto the boats?