PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Revelations

Cattleclysm
07-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Hello good peoples of Ubisoft forums, I need you to ask your opinions about something about these two game,

as you know

First game featured Altair and it was first Assassin's Creed

Second game featured Ezio and it was Assassin's Creed II

Third game featured Ezio and it was Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Problem starts here, even as acronym people refused to call it AC3 because of this highly, extremely, idiotic reason: "It's not true sequel, it's 2.5, it's spin off, it needs to feature new character to be AC3"

Lets check it

- It starts right after AC2 ends which makes it TRUE sequel.
- If it was a spin-off it wouldn't contain huge campaign, most advanced mechanics yet and first game to have multiplayer.
-Who the f..k said every true sequel has to feature new main character.

Yet people insisted NOT calling it THIRD game, well I was exciting to shut those people off whenever I spot them, and I found amazing news
Revelations was going to be later life of Ezio!

But NO! Now people started calling it "AC3" I mean, seriously? it has same character as two previous game, and I'm sure if their brain has at least tiny bit of sense, they would call it AC4 as acronym.

So people

Revelations still has Ezio as main character
Revelations starts soon after Brotherhood
Revelations DOESN'T have a new main character

If you didn't call Brotherhood AC3, why are you calling Revelations AC3?

People.

Get your facts straight

AC1
AC2(Sequel)
AC:B(AC:3)(Sequel)
AC:R(AC:4)(Sequel)

Cattleclysm
07-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Hello good peoples of Ubisoft forums, I need you to ask your opinions about something about these two game,

as you know

First game featured Altair and it was first Assassin's Creed

Second game featured Ezio and it was Assassin's Creed II

Third game featured Ezio and it was Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

Problem starts here, even as acronym people refused to call it AC3 because of this highly, extremely, idiotic reason: "It's not true sequel, it's 2.5, it's spin off, it needs to feature new character to be AC3"

Lets check it

- It starts right after AC2 ends which makes it TRUE sequel.
- If it was a spin-off it wouldn't contain huge campaign, most advanced mechanics yet and first game to have multiplayer.
-Who the f..k said every true sequel has to feature new main character.

Yet people insisted NOT calling it THIRD game, well I was exciting to shut those people off whenever I spot them, and I found amazing news
Revelations was going to be later life of Ezio!

But NO! Now people started calling it "AC3" I mean, seriously? it has same character as two previous game, and I'm sure if their brain has at least tiny bit of sense, they would call it AC4 as acronym.

So people

Revelations still has Ezio as main character
Revelations starts soon after Brotherhood
Revelations DOESN'T have a new main character

If you didn't call Brotherhood AC3, why are you calling Revelations AC3?

People.

Get your facts straight

AC1
AC2(Sequel)
AC:B(AC:3)(Sequel)
AC:R(AC:4)(Sequel)

misterB2001
07-07-2011, 03:45 PM
its called Assassins Creed Revelations, its the 6th or 7th (?) game in the franchise on all formats, not AC3 or AC4. Assassins Creed 3 will be out next year, probably!

TheLeoCrow
07-07-2011, 03:51 PM
You limit your poll's choices to fit the purpose of your post, not to cover the applicable possibilities. Revelations is Assassin's Creed 2 Part 3 (or Episode 3) to me

Chewitt321
07-07-2011, 04:05 PM
I do remember an interview that was released in the build up to ACB in which a developer said something about them not treating as a main sequel because the era and assassin are the same. I would find the video but it will take me several hours to find and by which point my cerebellum will have imploded...

dchil279
07-07-2011, 04:14 PM
They are both full length games so I wouldn't call either Brotherhood or Revelations a "spin-off" because they are part of the main storyline, but the developers have chosen to number the sequels based on Ancestor and time period so that is how they are numbered. That's just how it is.

Chamboozer
07-07-2011, 04:35 PM
It shouldn't be called AC3 or AC4, but rather AC:R.

scope2005
07-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Why is there no option for "Neither"?

Brotherhood and Revelations are not spin offs, they are chapters of AC2 - like the chapters of a book.

Like the good old days when games (generally pc games) used to get expansion packs. Except due to the limitations of console's in this generation, and the trend of people nowadays just picking a game up and playing it without having to install previous core games - its more cost effective and simple to the consumer to just make it as a standalone game.

Thats why there is no number definition in the title, its Assassins Creed: Revelations. It a sequel in story alone - NOT a successor.

I thought it was pretty much self explanatory - The only people who cant grasp this are the type people who call Call of Duty: Black Ops "COD7" or whatever.

Whats the point in the thread..?

Alex Amancio has confirmed that the next game will be Assassins Creed 3.

albertwesker22
07-07-2011, 05:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by scope2005:
Why is there no option for "Neither"?

Brotherhood and Revelations are not spin offs, they are chapters of AC2 - like the chapters of a book.

Like the good old days when games (generally pc games) used to get expansion packs. Except due to the limitations of console's in this generation, and the trend of people nowadays just picking a game up and playing it without having to install previous core games - its more cost effective and simple to the consumer to just make it as a standalone game.

Thats why there is no number definition in the title, its Assassins Creed: Revelations. It a sequel in story alone - NOT a successor.

I thought it was pretty much self explanatory - The only people who cant grasp this are the type people who call Call of Duty: Black Ops "COD7" or whatever.

Whats the point in the thread..?

Alex Amancio has confirmed that the next game will be Assassins Creed 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RzaRecta357
07-07-2011, 05:17 PM
No kidding...what doesn't the TC understand? I mean, sure it's the same characters but not enough has changed to warrant the 3 title. 3 will feature a new character.

ACB and ACR are the Vice city and San Andreas of GTA3.

Mr_Shade
07-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Indeed ACR is just that...ACR, it's NOT AC3 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Locking thread due to the op having answer and the poll being biased.