PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood System Link

RidgetopMum
11-10-2010, 04:42 PM
Ubisoft,

Please reconsider your decision to exclude System Link from Brotherhood's Xbox 360 Multi-player. For many reasons my family and I do not like to play online. We do have the accounts for Xbox Live but we prefer to play offline using the System Link option. When there isn't enough players in the house we will go online; but otherwise, it's offline only.

You have almost always offered this option with your previous multi-player games. We've purchased multiple copies of nearly every System Link game that you have made. You've even included it in your Xbox Live marketplace game, "Bloody Good Time". An Xbox Live downloadable game with System Link is nearly unheard of! But, you did it (and I do commend you for that)!

We have now canceled four of the five copies that we had pre-ordered from Amazon.com. I'm sure that our small number of canceled copies won't amount to much when looking at the bigger picture; but there are others that will do the same (and it may add up to a considerable amount in the end).

The gameplay we've seen looks fantastic and I'm disappointed that I and my children (college and high school age) won't be experiencing this together. Gaming has, for the past twenty years, whether on consoles or PC, been a significant part of our family's time together. It gives us great laughs and enjoyment working together (or against each other) in so many different and exciting ways.

I'm sure the multi-player for Brotherhood will be a success, but your servers won't always be running; and even though that may not be for a while, it will eventually present itself as a reality. The original Xbox online service is gone, but we can still play Chaos Theory and Pandora Tomorrow because you allowed those games to gave the System Link option (and those amazing old Xbox systems just keep on humming along!)

So, in conclusion, please, Ubisoft, consider adding the System Link option in; if not at launch, then in a Title Update.

From a sincere, long time customer of Ubisoft,

Ridgetopmum

AnthonyA85
11-10-2010, 05:24 PM
It's too late for them to do anything about it now, since the game has already gone into production and has probably already been shipped out.

And the Multiplayer for Xbox 360 will operate over Xbox Live servers, wich are under the control (and at the operational mercy) of Microsoft, NOT Ubisoft.

RidgetopMum
11-10-2010, 05:44 PM
AnthonyA85,

Kameo and Red Dead Redemption had post launch System Link options added via online updates. It is irrelevant which servers the game is functional online through; System Link can be added at any time.

My hubby received a message from Ubisoft stating that they may consider adding System Link for R.U.S.E at a later date. So, the only operational mercy Ubisoft would need from Microsoft would be QC pass. There seems to be very few bugs in Ubisoft's games and DLC. I'm sure passing QC would be quite simple for their developers.

Thanks for the comment, though.

Ridgetopmum

RedSilence01
11-10-2010, 10:09 PM
+1 vote for system link ACB Multiplayer.

RidgetopMum
11-10-2010, 11:42 PM
RedSilence01

Thanks for the post. Hopefully there is enough of a demand for Ubisoft to decide to add it in.

Ridgetopmum