mark02i
08-05-2008, 03:04 PM
do u think they will bring out lvu on rbs 2

Professor61
08-05-2008, 04:00 PM
No.

Lethal1940
08-05-2008, 04:12 PM
It's looking more like Ubisoft has abandoned Vegas 2 and the Vegas 2 community.
I don't think you will see anything new!

Prove me wrong Ubisoft!!

David.Ubi.Cust
08-05-2008, 04:29 PM
UBI's new business model has nothing in common with the PC gaming model of the nineties (release of the game complete with map editor and SDK, long term support, bi-directional and regular communication with customers, etc).

Now, Ubisoft business model is much simpler:
1) Overhype the unfinished broken crap,
2) Release the unfinished broken crap,
3) Collect the money and go to the bank,
4) Move on to the next unfinished broken crap,
5) Go to 1)

Shock.
08-06-2008, 12:11 PM
lol!!

sad, but true!

nkorfhage
08-06-2008, 12:57 PM
David.Ubi you hit the nail right on the head. Ubisoft is now what I call a game making factory. Two years max to develop a game simply isn't long enough to put out a quality product. The fact that a lot of other companies are porting their games from the 360 instead of doing it the other way around has now become an industry wide trend in the gaming industry. The result is poorly executed ideas that could be great if given a little more time to "cook" and poorly optimized for the PC games that run horribly even if your gaming PC has awesome system specs. The software companies that actually do care about quality (Valve and id, for example) have no reservations about delaying a game because they understand that it takes years to build good customer relations and keep them and only about two seconds to lose it with a buggy release of a game. Also, among these good software companies there aren't mindless stock holders demanding an ever higher return on their investments who have absolutely no interest in gaming whatsoever. Too much pressure is placed on game developers to meet a release date with publicly traded companies like Ubisoft.

ASDF_Russell
08-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by nkorfhage:
David.Ubi you hit the nail right on the head. Ubisoft is now what I call a game making factory. Two years max to develop a game simply isn't long enough to put out a quality product. The fact that a lot of other companies are porting their games from the 360 instead of doing it the other way around has now become an industry wide trend in the gaming industry. The result is poorly executed ideas that could be great if given a little more time to "cook" and poorly optimized for the PC games that run horribly even if your gaming PC has awesome system specs. The software companies that actually do care about quality (Valve and id, for example) have no reservations about delaying a game because they understand that it takes years to build good customer relations and keep them and only about two seconds to lose it with a buggy release of a game. Also, among these good software companies there aren't mindless stock holders demanding an ever higher return on their investments who have absolutely no interest in gaming whatsoever. Too much pressure is placed on game developers to meet a release date with publicly traded companies like Ubisoft.

Two years is enough. EDIT: I meant to say, there are examples out there like Bioshock that took (slightly over) 2 years but close enough, and the game turned out great.

It's just that Ubisoft doesn't have the RIGHT employees in their workplace. Come on, there are employees at Ubisoft-Montreal who never even went to a four-year university. I'm talking about COMMUNITY COLLEGE graduates working at Ubisoft.

That might (just MIGHT) explain why Vegas 2 was utter crap in comparison to other FPS tactical shooters.

nkorfhage
08-06-2008, 01:53 PM
Hey neilthecelist,

If it really only takes two years to develop a quality game them I'm all for it. It just seems like too many shortcuts are being made especially with the whole porting thing. My whole life isn't gaming, but I would like to at least to buy games that don't have game killing bugs. For the love of jimminy christmas test the darn thing better! I'm really not that picky. I just want it to work properly, but hey I'm not a programmer and have never worked in the gaming industry. It just seems like the industry is going a certain direct (porting) and I don't like it one bit.

ASDF_Russell
08-06-2008, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by nkorfhage:
Hey neilthecelist,

If it really only takes two years to develop a quality game them I'm all for it. It just seems like too many shortcuts are being made especially with the whole porting thing. My whole life isn't gaming, but I would like to at least to buy games that don't have game killing bugs. For the love of jimminy christmas test the darn thing better! I'm really not that picky. I just want it to work properly, but hey I'm not a programmer and have never worked in the gaming industry. It just seems like the industry is going a certain direct (porting) and I don't like it one bit.

Time will tell. That's all I can say.