PDA

View Full Version : Please make cutscenes skippable

Anjow
04-15-2008, 09:58 AM
I have completed the game. Now every time I want to go back and play it I have to sit through a 5 minute lecture from Al Mualim before I can actually do anything. Why offer such replayability then insult me by wasting my time when I want to replay a section?

This is a big pain in the neck given that I have already seen this lecture a dozen times. The same goes for any cutscene - the ridiculous waste of time after saving a citizen, talking to the bureau leaders for the eleventieth time, after assassinating a target.

I am surprised that in this day and age people are still making cutscenes unskippable. What is the rationale behind making a cutscene unskippable when I've already completed the game? Honestly?

Please make cutscenes skippable.

ScytheOfGrim
04-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Take a bathroom break until AlMuallim shuts up.

Or have a KitKat.

blarson11
04-15-2008, 10:23 AM
yeah good luck with that bro.

it is a pain in the ***, but it doesn't take that long to sit through. i usually just go grab some munchies and a water....

KlNDRED
04-15-2008, 02:27 PM
I think the reason cutscenes were made unskippable is because Ubi knew their story kicked *** and wanted to make sure ppl went throughh it. That's a rationnal thought for when it's someone first time playing through the game but after that, let us skip Al Mualim's boring lectures, the targets pedantic excuses and the same moronic claptrap from those saved citizens...

Originally posted by ScytheOfGrim:
Or have a KitKat.

LOLOLOLOL

Adaram64
04-15-2008, 02:40 PM
I agree that there are ways around it, however, I have to say that allowing them to be skipped would be "optional". No one would be forcing folks to skip the cut scenes, but they are forcing folks NOT to skip them. For me, I would prefer more options than less, but honestly, this is the first console game (port) I have played. I am use to PC games where stuff like this is always optional.

/shrug

MervinBunter
04-15-2008, 04:26 PM
I heartily agree. And though I hate to say it, it DOES seem to be a console vs. PC thing. I have no issue with my console-loving brethren, but most ports (especially the Ubisoft ones) suffer from the same glaring issues:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>No Quick Save; only save points.
<LI>No option to go back to a previous chapter and play only one part of it (like the final assassination); you need to replay the whole thing.
<LI>Unskippable cutscenes.
<LI>Very few usable controls, or reused controls (e.g., you can't map Jump and Blend to different keys; they must use the same key, but the function changes between low- and high-profile modes).
<LI>HUD elements that can be read from a mile away and take up half the screen (e.g., why are all of the HUD elements huge, even when I'm playing at 1680x1020).
[/list]

For that last one, yes, I know I can turn them off. But the HUD is still useful... I'd just prefer it to be smaller (especially since most PC gamers play only a few feet away from their screen).

Ubisoft did the same thing with each of their Splinter Cell ports. They're incredible games, but it's tiring to see these same issues in every single port. Haven't they figured this out yet?

drego5
04-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by MervinBunter:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>HUD elements that can be read from a mile away and take up half the screen (e.g., why are all of the HUD elements huge, even when I'm playing at 1680x1020).
[/list]
Yeah, I kind of agree, after thinking about it. And it'd maybe be neat to have the option to put those HUD elements outside of the Widescreen borders, for those of us with "antiquated" 4:3 CRT screens.

But in general, yes, more options = better. I mean, Hell, isn't that the entire PURPOSE of AC?? The story, anyway. Think about it.

iPlunder
04-15-2008, 06:38 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT EAT A TWIX WHILE YOU WAIT

dacoolstas
04-15-2008, 07:28 PM
need a moment? chew it over with twix.

sunchaser9
04-18-2008, 01:26 AM
It would indeed be very nice to be able to skip those bloody cutscenes. Especially when your game ALWAYS crashes 2 minutes into the UNSKIPPABLE( http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif ) tutorial and theres a 5 minute cutscene right before.

Patch please !!!

drego5
04-18-2008, 04:09 AM
I don't think it necessitates a patch, as few people are having that problem. Personally, mine has crashed twice in the 9 days I've had it. That may sound like a lot, but when you keep in mind that I'm on my 3rd turn through the game...

In your case, there's gotta be something else going on. Maybe a file didn't copy correctly when installing or something. There has to be a specific reason.

moqqy
04-18-2008, 06:49 AM
Well, I think the game is a bit unfinished. They don't have some pretty obvious features, such as skipping cutscenes. AC feels a bit like an experiment, which it was.

Drowl666
04-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Anjow:
I have completed the game. Now every time I want to go back and play it I have to sit through a 5 minute lecture from Al Mualim before I can actually do anything. Why offer such replayability then insult me by wasting my time when I want to replay a section?

This is a big pain in the neck given that I have already seen this lecture a dozen times. The same goes for any cutscene - the ridiculous waste of time after saving a citizen, talking to the bureau leaders for the eleventieth time, after assassinating a target.

I am surprised that in this day and age people are still making cutscenes unskippable. What is the rationale behind making a cutscene unskippable when I've already completed the game? Honestly?

Please make cutscenes skippable.

Yes, you are right. It's driving me insane too. It's soo boooring.