PDA

View Full Version : Giving up on a chase

Lithos2009
12-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Sometimes you just know you you won't catch your target (like when you unwantingly run up a wall) so you kind of give up.

My question is, at this point, if you kill a random civilian does your target still get an escape bonus?

Justin125
12-09-2010, 09:55 AM
If you enter into a chase and you fail to kill them they get the bonus.

papartusedmcrsk
12-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Justin125:
If you enter into a chase and you fail to kill them they get the bonus.

This is true. So yes even when you get killed while chasing your target, they still get 100 points for "escaping." (insert mad/brooding face here)

FANIS1993
12-09-2010, 01:29 PM
yes, so the best is to chase him and kill him. nothing to lose only to earn even if its only 100 points

Tragic_Jonson
12-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by FANIS1993:
yes, so the best is to chase him and kill him. nothing to lose only to earn even if its only 100 points

Not true, I remember one time i was getting chased, and I'm just pretty crap at escaping but this person was pretty rubbish too, he/she ended up chasing me for somewhere between 1 and 2 minutes, i did about 4 laps of the map and was running all over the place. In the end i got caught but all they got was 100 points. Surely he/she would've been better off just giving up and moving on to the next target?

or surely i would've been better off just letting them kill me so i could move on too :P

Rainie
12-10-2010, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Blaqk_Friday:

or surely i would've been better off just letting them kill me so i could move on too :P

If someone triggers a chase with me and it goes on for more than 10 seconds I just let them kill me. No point in wasting my time for 100 points when I could have earned a could earn 800+ in that the time it takes to shake them. Alternatively if I have the time, I'll drop a smokebomb and earn points for the stun

obliviondoll
12-10-2010, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blaqk_Friday:

If someone triggers a chase with me and it goes on for more than 10 seconds I just let them kill me. No point in wasting my time for 100 points when I could have earned a could earn 800+ in that the time it takes to shake them. Alternatively if I have the time, I'll drop a smokebomb and earn points for the stun </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I enjoy long chases though. I would, being sensible, do the same. But I play for fun, so I'll let the chase run until one of us wins.

MilsurpShooter
12-10-2010, 05:40 AM
I find myself becoming more high profile during a chase, try to make myself seen until I either do end up escaping or finally being taken down. Not exactly the smartest thing I know but the thing I like?

While I'm being noticed and lit up by everyone on the map, I eventually draw, 1, 2 or maybe more hunters on me trying to take me down and keeping them off the rest of my team. That guy running after me? Guy blended in the crowd now see's him. Guy in the crowd ahead suddenly breaks off in chase as my team mate just continues to so slow laps of the map in his blended crowd lol.