PDA

View Full Version : The Brotherhood

Falconiformed
07-30-2009, 01:53 PM
All in the name of speculation, how would someone such as Altair get into the Brotherhood? Forgive me if that's in the game, but I honestly don't remember any mention of the process outside of "initiate" being in the ranking system.

Like, some random Jo wants to be an assassin. How would he know to contact the Brotherhood? Would they contact him? How would he be selected? Trained?

Again, this is mostly speculation, but I'm curious as to how the game would explain these mechanics.

AetosEagle
07-30-2009, 02:03 PM
First of all, welcome to the forums, I hope you enjoy your stay.

To answer your question, Masyaf was a big place in the first game, anyone could turn up and devote themseles to the Creed. As time went on, the assassins were forced to go underground due to constant attacks from the surviving Templars. Desmond was "born" as an assassin, hinting that it's a family orientated clan, rather than turn up and join as it was in 1191. I hope that answers your question.

thekyle0
07-30-2009, 02:11 PM
It's probably family based in the future because they couldn't risk inviting an outsider. Afterall, if their war witht he Templars went underground, they couldn't know if a volunteer was secretly a Templar and was trying to become a double agent.

Danvish
07-30-2009, 02:19 PM
If you look on the historical part, the assassins were recruited as kids.

Xanatos2007
07-30-2009, 11:27 PM
Al Mualim does say "For now you are to become a student, a child once more. As you were on the day you first joined our order." Maybe he was recruited like Garrett from the Thief series; someone in the clan recognised his gifted abilities and asked him to join.

Stormpen
07-31-2009, 05:45 AM
But the Assassins aren't like the Keepers in the Theif games. They're feared, as well as respected, and to a child they'd be a lot of tall men who kill people, right? So why would Altair junior have wanted to join the Brotherhood? (unless he didn't have a choice)

AetosEagle
07-31-2009, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Stormpen:
But the Assassins aren't like the Keepers in the Theif games. They're feared, as well as respected, and to a child they'd be a lot of tall men who kill people, right? So why would Altair junior have wanted to join the Brotherhood? (unless he didn't have a choice)

Clues in his name "Son of None" proabably orphaned very young, the Assassins provided him with a safe haven. As Masyaf grew, Altairs skill grew along with it most probably.