PDA

View Full Version : Second mission in USSR campaign...

rbmerc
08-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Hey guys, I got a Saitek CYBORG EVO joystick and have been loving playing flight sims lately... Well, I am a newb at them and il-2 is starting to frustrate me... I am flying the second mission of the pilot career for USSR and am supposed to bomb some German tanks, well the flight route takes about 15 minutes it seems which is extremely long and boring, but when I am nearly halfway there, it is like my plane runs out of gas or something and I just drop... wtf is going on i can't complete this mission if i am randomly crashing... what am i doing wrong? any flight sim veterans care to tip me on what is going on?

-warsaw

Viper_42
08-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Check to make sure your fuel load is at 100%

And yes, I agree the long missions can get annoying.

edit: Avatars are limited to 40 Kb. http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/4871047252

ClnlSandersLite
08-28-2005, 09:07 PM
Hell, realistically 15 mins is nothing. If you want faster action, use the QMB and make your own. Also, you might want to check out mission mate and uqmg.

han freak solo
08-29-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by rbmerc:
Hey guys, I got a Saitek CYBORG EVO joystick and have been loving playing flight sims lately... Well, I am a newb at them and il-2 is starting to frustrate me... I am flying the second mission of the pilot career for USSR and am supposed to bomb some German tanks, well the flight route takes about 15 minutes it seems which is extremely long and boring, but when I am nearly halfway there, it is like my plane runs out of gas or something and I just drop... wtf is going on i can't complete this mission if i am randomly crashing... what am i doing wrong? any flight sim veterans care to tip me on what is going on?

-warsaw

What are you flyin'? The carburetor in the I-16 can't provide fuel in negative G situations. If this is the critter you're dealing with, go inverted to dive to keep positive Gs.

LEXX_Luthor
08-29-2005, 11:21 PM
Indeed! I found the same problem when I first got the FB. I made simple "learning" missions using I-153 and would get about 10 minutes into the flight when I "ran out of gas" or so I thouhght. It was the negative Gee thing, cutting out my engine. I-16 works the same way too. Watch your engine guages -- study them on the runway by starting and stopping your engine -- and watch what happens in flight when you push the stick forward.

rbmerc
08-30-2005, 11:45 AM
what do you mean by making learning missions? but yes I am flying the I-153 im pretty new to aviation as well (however I am taking a full year class starting in three days) so what does the negative G thing do? thanks for your help so far guys, il2 definitely has a great and mature community.... another problem is while im sitting in the cockpit if i look around the cockpit i am like scooted forward in my seat or something and i cant see half the gauges... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

-rick

Kuna15
08-30-2005, 12:08 PM
Avoiding 'negative G' means that your engine will suffer from engine stop due to lack of fuel if you pull down hard.(if you pull up your pilot experiences blackout, if you pull stick down hard your pilot will experience redout)

Now, when your engine stops due to lack of fuel the only way to start it to dive and gain some speed (enough) and hit "I" button (starts the engine). You must be carefull since you will not start it every time, so you must keep trying 'till it starts. Key is to have enough speed; without that you wont be able to restart the engine in flight.

Otherwise SeaGull and Ishak have excellent flight characteristics.

tjaika1910
08-30-2005, 12:14 PM
You could also activate autopilot on such missions and even speed up time to eight times.

rbmerc
08-30-2005, 12:31 PM
ya i try the autopilot thing every now and then, but sometimes they get attacked randomly and die before i can hop in the cockpit... lol

-rick

VW-IceFire
08-30-2005, 03:17 PM
Autopilot and Time Compression are you friends. For the ADD TV generation people like myself...these things are godsends.

That or get some tunes playing on your MP3 player or setup a TV or somethin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif