PDA

View Full Version : DLC kicking out Courtseans

creed2gamer
03-10-2010, 03:01 AM
I downloaded Battle of Forli and Bonfire of the Vantaties with the extra 3 maps. It is great and everything but there is one problem I am experiencing.

The courtseans(*****s) are nowhere to be found in the game anywhere. I am an avid collector of codex pages and I like to use them to distract guards. I am tired of having to pointlessly fight guards and raise my meter when I could just sneak in. Everything else is in order, excpet for the blunder I listed above.

Before you say they have theives for that. Yea they do but it becomes a chore to climb buildings and run to the other side of the city to find them.

This is probably not a widespread problem but it is causing me inconvience. So I hope a fix or a patch can come cause of this. I paid sixty bucks and paid more for the DLC so I should get the full experience and I want the courtseans back in my game with DLC intact.

I have deleted my profile and the game from my hard drive and the *****s came back on, but once I DL the DLC again, it took the *****s right out of the game instantly. So I am gonna try again to delete everything and restart, but I doubt it will work.

If neccessary, I am playing the PS3 version and got the DLC off PSN.

I hope this issue can be addressed.

Ru1986
03-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Get an Xbox mate much better no problems with it on Xbox on PS3 all i have herd is problems with this game on PS3's. Also not sure waht part of the world your in but in UK all my mates who have bought PS3's have been very disapointed with them a in all aspects and for less money they could have got a reliable console in the Xbox 360. To be honest i agree with them PS3's have nothing but problems on AC2 so i have been told and i have never had one problem with this game on the Xbox (or any other game for that matter)

creed2gamer
03-10-2010, 03:41 PM
I did not ask for fanboyism in this thread.

I could easily counter your argument and say the 360 has faulty hardware. Went through 4 myself and spent more on it than I did on a PS3, which in my opinion does a lot more.

The DLC is Ubisofts problem. Friends I know who have PS3s have not encountered this bug but I have. I said it is probably a select few who are encountering it.

So I want to know will Ubisoft do something about it by releasing a fresh new patch or ignore the minority who are having this sort of problem.

FeroxtheWizard
03-10-2010, 11:39 PM
throw coins... at least two of the guards will go for the coins, you can sneak right by. Just be sure to throw some coins for the way out or else they will attack.

I figured this out after the fighters and *****s not being around lately hehe.

AcanthaDante
03-11-2010, 03:39 PM
While there aren't any courtesans, there are thieves on nearby rooftops. Use them to lure away the soldiers.

obliviondoll
03-11-2010, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by FeroxtheWizard:
throw coins... at least two of the guards will go for the coins, you can sneak right by. Just be sure to throw some coins for the way out or else they will attack.
Another alternative is a smoke bomb. Or setting thieves or fighters on them instead. Any of these options will distract the guards for a while.

And once you're in, if the guards are still there, a well aimed and timed double-tap of the attack button with your dual hidden blades equipped can take out a group of four guards before a single sword is drawn.

I haven't experienced any glitches of this nature myself yet, but haven't got the Bonfire DLC yet either. I just know this because I like experimenting with different options.

Koemi
03-11-2010, 09:56 PM
I simply use my "old and dirty" trick - throw coins, then poison 'em all!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif (loot them after you got what's inside the "bank" - chances are you can get at least 1-2 poison back.)

Randy 355
03-11-2010, 10:45 PM
You guys all have nice ideas, but I think he wants his courtesans back. Sure there are alternatives, but the courtesans were unique, useful, and funny. Unfortunately, I have no idea how this could be fixed, but you should put this in the Assassins Creed 2 PC Feedback Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/9731093738).

Good luck!

itsamea-mario
03-12-2010, 09:30 AM
its an easy game, dont be soft and try fighting them yourself man, Ezio's an assassin with the double hiden blade you can take two out and easily finish the rest, or if that is too hard for you attack from a distance then loot or as someone else said smoke bombs. but i understand you want your beloved *****s back so you may gorp over them.

Black_Widow9
03-12-2010, 02:39 PM
I have noted this issue but please look here-
Missing Courtesans, Mercs from Florence and Ezio's apple after downloading DLC? (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4721051016/m/2401082638?r=2401082638#2401082638)
Please also create a Ticket with Ubisoft Support. The link is in my signature.

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>