PDA

View Full Version : Coop game in PF on a carrier????

_VR_Lightning
10-24-2004, 05:28 PM
~S~

Dear all, if you please could help out with this:

1. When creating a coop game in PF, it seems impossible to create a homebase on a carrier from wich you can launch your mission. Is this normal??

2. When you land in a coop mission on a carrier, it is impossible to taxi around on deck. There seems to be a magic force keeping your nose along the centreline. If you force the plane to turn with power and brakes and release the turnpressure it just flips back to the centreline!

Please someone try this out and post your findings. Thx for the help!

JG53Frankyboy
10-24-2004, 05:51 PM
1. make a startwaypoint close to the carrier ( close only for better control while missionbuilding http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) than set this waypoint on the carrier - voila, they start on it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

2. after you landed and you activatet the new breaks ( collision is now deactvatet that other planes can go through your plane ) exit your plane and you are on the static camera of the carrier - also when outsideviews are disabled

Nubarus
10-25-2004, 02:02 AM
It's all in the PF ReadMe.

Read the ReadMe after installing the game, it always has a lot of useful info in it.

It's not called Don'tReadme, it's called Readme and it's there to help you.

4. AI carrier landing, as described in the manual, is set by putting a Waypoint of Landing type on the carrier, as well as using the Set button with the carrier as target. If the waypoint snaps to a nearby land strip, just drag it back to the carrier. Also, please make sure you set AI waypoints to come in from the carrier’s stern. Note: AI may not land properly on a static carrier.
5. For AI carrier take-offs, same logic applies as above, only with the very first Waypoint in the aircraft path.
Note that you may set as many planes as you like to start on the carrier. However different carriers of course can only fit so many planes on the deck, which also depends on a plane type. You can fit many more smaller planes such as F4F Wildcats on an Essex carrier, than larger planes such as the TBF on a small carrier like the Casablanca.
So, the planes that do not fit on the deck will begin the mission airborne above the carrier deck, flying towards their next waypoint. If wingmen of one flight start in the air but their leader starts on the deck and there are no enemies nearby they will wait for their leader and then form up on him. If the whole flight starts in the air, they will simply follow their waypoints.

VR_Ghost__
10-25-2004, 11:55 AM
Hey guys

Thanks for the responses.

Will give the mission builder tips a try.

Me personally I am a little annoyed at the co-op restriction where you are not allowed to taxi. In standard carrier dogfight map taxi is allowed and VR have been successful in getting planes down on the deck and parking at the sides of the active runway to allow the next plane to make a successful final.

Putting chokes in or whatever you do to make yourself more or less invincible and then have to "exit your plane" I feel is a major flaw! Some threads on this board complain about the realistic effects of the muzzle lights, yet putting brakes on so collision is impossible?????!

Does anyone else not think this is totally unnecessary ? I would of liked to have been given the option for some proper carrier deck movement in order to get your team down safely.

_VR_Lightning
10-25-2004, 09:53 PM
LOL Nubarus, ty for that tip!. I have renamed the "don'treadme" file in "readme" file and it's all clear now! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Still think on the second point that you should have been able to taxi around after landing. That force keeping your nose along tbe centreline is simply rediculous and almost arcadelike.
If at all possible http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif I would have liked the possibility to place your acft over the "act-lift" that would bring the landed acft below deck in a storage place (sorta like a respawn point)... Anyways, brakes that make people go through you is a bit of bummer but it answers my questions and for that I thank you!

Light,