PDA

View Full Version : PS3 owners "may" actually get their wish.....

EscoBlades
03-02-2010, 04:24 AM
Full article can be found HERE! (http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/02/splinter-cell-on-ps3-maybe-says-ubisoft/)

Aveelo
03-02-2010, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
Full article can be found HERE! (http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/02/splinter-cell-on-ps3-maybe-says-ubisoft/)

WTF

RaulO4
03-02-2010, 04:37 AM
i really dont know if it will come out on ps3 but i hope so

the more people that plays the game the better.

Versus-Mroj
03-02-2010, 04:46 AM
I remember something like this from December. It isn't really new. He already said, that next Splinter Cells will be also on PS3, but NOT Conviction!

EscoBlades
03-02-2010, 04:51 AM
Yes true, but basically, if Sony threw enough money "to make folks happy" at Ubisoft, anything is possible. Whether or not they will is entirely another matter.

SpartanGraphics
03-02-2010, 05:43 AM
NOT Conviction!

fair does eh, sony will still have to wait some years for the next splinter cell http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif as Conviction is still only for xbox and pc

Aveelo
03-02-2010, 06:00 AM
i am 100% sure Next splinter cell Will Back To Muil consoles (Xbox 360 Pc PS3 DS)

Versus-Mroj
03-02-2010, 06:19 AM
I want another SC on PSP. Essentials is really good...

Archer-3E
03-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Well there you have it. It looks like the "Link of heart" was all horsecrap.

H.A.R.M.s
03-02-2010, 07:36 AM
So, it's comming to Wii?

SA Snake
03-02-2010, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Archer-3E:

well not really..cause if you actually read the article, he says Conviction wont be, but future ones will..

Archer-3E
03-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Pacer1988:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Archer-3E:

well not really..cause if you actually read the article, he says Conviction wont be, but future ones will.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the hell are you talking about? I meant that when they said they have a "Link of heart" with Microsoft, it was ALL horsecrap. As you can see it was all about the money.

FossilSamFisher
03-02-2010, 08:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pacer1988:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Archer-3E:

well not really..cause if you actually read the article, he says Conviction wont be, but future ones will.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the hell are you talking about? I meant that when they said they had a "Link of heart" with Microsoft, it was ALL horsecrap. As you can see it was all about the money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err....The "Link of Heart" they ment that THIS Splinter Cell,Conviction won't come on PS3.They didn't say anything about the next one,which will probably,sadly be made by Shanghai,I guess.

Archer-3E
03-02-2010, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by FossilSamFisher:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pacer1988:

What the hell are you talking about? I meant that when they said they had a "Link of heart" with Microsoft, it was ALL horsecrap. As you can see it was all about the money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err....The "Link of Heart" they ment that THIS Splinter Cell,Conviction won't come on PS3.They didn't say anything about the next one,which will probably,sadly be made by Shanghai,I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

False. "Splinter Cell games are historically linked with Microsoft platforms."

Aveelo
03-02-2010, 08:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FossilSamFisher:

Err....The "Link of Heart" they ment that THIS Splinter Cell,Conviction won't come on PS3.They didn't say anything about the next one,which will probably,sadly be made by Shanghai,I guess. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

False. "Splinter Cell games are historically linked with Microsoft platforms." </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You Win http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Stealthgamer001
03-02-2010, 08:53 AM
The exclusivity was probably financially motivated. The decision to be a Microsoft exclusive was where the "link of heart" came in.

Mr.E.Bear
03-02-2010, 09:13 AM
Oh please, the only thing Ubisoft have a link to the heart with is money.

I guess it's just coincidence SCC was moved to the start of the new fiscal year. Despite the fact it had already hopped over numerous release dates, makes you think what people were doing if it wasn't ready for the first few release dates

Hypnosos
03-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Ooooh big surprise, a company wants to make as much money as possible, I'm shocked.

Mr.E.Bear
03-02-2010, 09:55 AM
Heaven forbid they become successful!

Archer-3E
03-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Mr.E.Bear:
Oh please, the only thing Ubisoft have a link to the heart with is money.

I guess it's just coincidence SCC was moved to the start of the new fiscal year. Despite the fact it had already hopped over numerous release dates, makes you think what people were doing if it wasn't ready for the first few release dates

True that! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Cyrus.H
03-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by FossilSamFisher:

Well that's probably the first piece of good (if it can even be called good) news that I've heard all week.

With the Chaos Theory team gone, I'll just have to rely on the Pandora Tomorrow developers to give me my dose of redefined stealth-action.

gamertam
03-02-2010, 04:55 PM
I would kinda like to see God of War and others ps3 exclusives crosses over to xbox 360s. Afterall, what's the point of having an "exclusive" title then.? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif just a question.

Cyrus.H
03-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by gamertam:
I would kinda like to see God of War and others ps3 exclusives crosses over to xbox 360s. Afterall, what's the point of having an "exclusive" title then.? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif just a question.
You could take God of War and Uncharted for all I care, I just want the choice of being able to play a Splinter Cell game or a Metal Gear game on the one console.

sammyboy1981
03-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by H.A.R.M.s:
So, it's comming to Wii?

Hilarious http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif . With M&E, how would the Wii-mote work? Would you not even have to point it at the screen? Could you just put it down and walk away, letting it play itself?

At least the black & white issue would resolve itself...can the Wii even handle color games?

edit: Also, Beland...just a tip...when someone asks you if Splinter Cell COnviction is coming to the PS3, you say "Conviction is a 360 exclusive". If they ask if there are any plans to bring it to the PS3, you say "Conviction is a 360 exclusive". When the cashier at the supermarket aks if you want paper or plastic...you say "Conviction is a 360 exclusive". It's not your place to suggest the future of your employer's business practices.

H.A.R.M.s
03-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by sammyboy1981:
Hilarious http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif . With M&E, how would the Wii-mote work? Would you not even have to point it at the screen? Could you just put it down and walk away, letting it play itself?

At least the black & white issue would resolve itself...can the Wii even handle color games? WiiMote would work better than dual-analog (really, this is proven).

And about graphics, Ubisoft is making new Prince of Persia and Ghost Recon from ground up for Wii as they did Avatar. I guess this would be case with new SC. Of course, it cannot be as pretty as X360/PS3 version, but it's far more better than watering down graphics in plain ports.

And about handling colour, we live in GeoW time: there's only grey and greyer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

SNSReaperSNS
03-04-2010, 05:02 PM
for god of war 3 and uncharted 2 id be ok with splintercell also being on PS3, lol. but the customers arent allowed to make those decisions.

and i knew the link of heart was balogna when americans couldnt get the limited collectors edition.

sammyboy1981
03-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by SNSReaperSNS:
for god of war 3 and uncharted 2 id be ok with splintercell also being on PS3, lol. but the customers arent allowed to make those decisions.

and i knew the link of heart was balogna when americans couldnt get the limited collectors edition.

Unfortunately, GoW3 and UnCharted 2 are developed products of Sony Computer Entertainment, so no way will that happen. A third-person developer would of likely brought them over by now, just to double their sales.

That'd be like Microsoft Game Studios letting PS3 get HALO 4...and we all know the PS3 couldn't handle that gameplay.

Cyrus.H
03-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by sammyboy1981:
www<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SNSReaperSNS:

Unfortunately, GoW3 and UnCharted 2 are developed products of Sony Computer Entertainment, so no way will that happen. A third-person developer would of likely brought them over by now, just to double their sales.

That'd be like Microsoft Game Studios letting PS3 get HALO 4...and we all know the PS3 couldn't handle that gameplay. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's only because Bungie wouldn't know how to code the game.