PDA

View Full Version : Two How-to questions

ShrikeHawk
03-19-2007, 01:37 PM
I was reading a review of PF the other day and the writer said it is possible to raise up the seat during landing for a better view. Is this possible? I can't find a control for that. I always giggle at myself for sitting up straight in my seat to look over the nose during a carrier landing, hehehe. I guess I'm becoming immersed!

All these folks are posting images. Is there a place in the forum where you can upload them so as to include them in a post later?

Thanks.

knightflyte
03-19-2007, 03:54 PM
You need to bind a button or keystroke in the CONTROLS PANEL of PF to:
TOGGLE SEAT POSITION

and another button or ketstroke to:
OPEN/CLOSE CANOPY.

Not all canopies open and close. You also CAN'T be at the closest setting to the site reticule to raise your sight.

Zeus-cat
03-19-2007, 04:02 PM
The raise/lower seat command works on some aircraft, but not all. I don't think it works on the SBD, but it does work on the Corsair. It would probably work on any US aircraft that is difficult to look over the nose.

ShrikeHawk
03-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Thanks Gentlemen. I'll try that. Now about images. Is there somewhere in the forum where I can upload an image and create a link to it? Or do I need to post the image to another website?

Thanks!

Skycat_2
03-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Upload to another site, then link to your thread. Photobucket works very well because it will generate the necessary hyperlink after you upload your image. You can simply copy the link from photobucket and paste it into your post here.

ShrikeHawk
03-19-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks Much, Skycat!

Bearcat99
03-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Hit the Essential li8nk in my sig.. there are a few places there where you can upload images.

ShrikeHawk
03-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Nice Bearcat! I bookmarked your essentials page. I'll be needing some of that stuff very soon. Especially after I install 1946 and Lowengrin's DCG.

Now the trick is...how different ways can I call in sick to work, hehehe.

Waldo.Pepper
03-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Now the trick is...how different ways can I call in sick to work, hehehe.

I once worked with a guy named Stewart. Sweet guy really. One Friday he never showed up, or phoned in sick. Nothing. Still none of us worried too much.

He phoned about 1PM to tell us that he was sorry. He went and got a haircut, did some shopping. Said he thought that the roads/city were a little quiet. Typical stuff for a SATURDAY which is what he mistook the Friday to be.

We all laughed, typical Stewart.

Go ahead and try that! But only once.

ShrikeHawk
03-23-2007, 11:29 PM
I might try that, hehehe. It's difficult to find enough time to play - especially when I positively "have" to try out every single plane (fighters) and learn their characteristics.

Luckily, my girlfriend is a good sport about it. But she does love to tease me in her skimpy shorts while she walks by, hehehe. That's usually when I stall out and go into a spin... the plane, I mean...