PDA

View Full Version : Swastika enabler

Dingzoom
02-01-2007, 02:11 PM
Is there a "NEW" swastika enabler utility anywhere that will work with il2 1946 4.071 setup?

I don't like mat manager or il2 stab.
I only want to enable the swastika...
I don't use any of the stuff available on mat manager/il2 stab.
some skins already have a swastika but nothing else & if you use the ingame settings switch to on then the swastika enabler over shawdows the in-place swastika...

anyway, the swastika enabler that came out a few years ago won't work for me anymore...perhaps there are some files changes that I need to make, but I haven't a clue what they would be or how to do it...
thanks

Dingzoom
02-01-2007, 02:14 PM
opps... an addition..

some skins are really beautiful, but they have no swastika & if you put the switch on then u get (with mat manager) the swastika, but then you also get the game numbers etc over shadowing the already markings...

Makabi-
02-01-2007, 02:31 PM
for the first question, I'd say you're going to have to suck it up and use one of those programs. for the second question, use an unmarked skin if the skinner made a markingless version.

slipBall
02-01-2007, 02:47 PM
I use this one, you could try with 46...I don't have 46 yet, but it should work
http://hyperfighter.sk/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=3

Scharnhorst1943
02-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Download IL2 Mat Manager. It replaces the crappy default markings we have with more historical ones. Not only will it enable swastikas, the Finnish also have thier historical swastikas too. Give it a try.

Stackhouse25th
02-01-2007, 11:24 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif dont turn this thread into a PC nightmare.

Dingzoom
02-01-2007, 11:48 PM
I guess I didn't make my self very clear..Please forgive me.

I have Mat manager... I don't like it!
I don't use il2 Stab.. I don't like it!

I have a copy of an old swastika enabler, but it no longer works!

Does anyone know of a newer Swastika enabler that will work with 1946?

Does anyone know of a-way to make the older swastika enabler, that I used for several years, wjork again. it must be a file missing or something like that, but I don't know what it could be.

DuxCorvan
02-02-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Dingzoom:
I have a copy of an old swastika enabler, but it no longer works!

Does anyone know of a-way to make the older swastika enabler, that I used for several years, wjork again. it must be a file missing or something like that, but I don't know what it could be.

Do this:

1) Go to Il-2 main folder
2) Make a copy of il2fb.exe in the same folder. It will appear as "Copy of il2fb.exe" or something like that.
3) Rename the copy as il2.exe
4) Try again.

Many of those programs need both files to exist in order to work, but since 1946 there's only il2fb.exe and no il2.exe.

It worked for me and Il2Manager.

Dingzoom
02-02-2007, 01:10 AM
I do have: il2fb.exe & il2.exe in the 1946 game folder so that must not be the problem..
I did notice that I do not have an "rts.dll" file though. does your 1946 have a rts.dll in it?

DuxCorvan
02-02-2007, 03:22 AM
No, it looks like rts.dll is now encoded into the executable.

Only thing I can tell you is that it worked for me -using Il2Manager. If you've installed over 4.04 or 4.05 maybe you'd need to overwrite that old il2.exe file with a copy of il2fb.exe, for the DVD verison I have just installs this one. (BUT MAKE A BACKUP OF OLD FILE FIRST!)

joeap
02-02-2007, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by Dingzoom:
I do have: il2fb.exe & il2.exe in the 1946 game folder so that must not be the problem..
I did notice that I do not have an "rts.dll" file though. does your 1946 have a rts.dll in it?

Listen to Dux, you have to change the old il2.exe you had from older versions with the renamed il2fb.exe. I did the same as you installed 46 over my 4.05 installation, I have the same swastika enabler you have (small program) and it works fine. Just make sure also the desktop shortcut points to it.

Hrannar
02-02-2007, 09:35 AM
The program slipball linked to works on my 1946 install.

Dingzoom
02-02-2007, 09:46 AM
Hmmmmm...I uninstalled the old il2 4.07 & did a clean install of 1946 & then patched to 4.071.

when I try to launch the old swastika enabler from within the game folder it does ask for an rts.dll so duxCorvan's explanation does make sense.
I have it setup so I don't have to run the 1946 cd to play though... If I do a search for the il2.exe on the il2 disc & install it will that mess up that "no disc" launch of the game?

F19_Orheim
02-02-2007, 10:24 AM
except for the the strange installation process and the mindblowing GUI on the amdin prog, what is NOT to like with IL2 MaT Manager? it rox!

papotex
02-02-2007, 10:52 AM
hey guys, one question

i have made the mistake of downloading and installing all my skins with markings already on.

how can i make it so the game dosnt put any markings ????

Dingzoom
02-02-2007, 11:20 AM
Dang... There goes the thread...
I wish people would start their own thread with there own questions...

Klemm.co
02-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by papotex:
hey guys, one question

i have made the mistake of downloading and installing all my skins with markings already on.

how can i make it so the game dosnt put any markings ????
Do you mean that all your skins have the markings literally painted on them or do you mean that the generic Il-2 markings are always painted on the planes by the game? If so, then you can simply turn the "markings" option off.
If they are painted on the skins, then you cant do anything about it. Just try to find a no-markings version of them.

JOHNRAMBO84
02-02-2007, 01:22 PM
wha!

smokincrater
02-02-2007, 05:28 PM
Just to counter what the hpyerlobby site said about certian countries. It has been a law in Germany since May 1945 which was passed by the Allied adimistration that the public display of the Swastika was outlawed. My personal feelings are nither here nor there on the subject. But just to let people know the situation in Germany and the reason why games of this nature often have a differnet German version or the Swastika is missing completely.

papotex
02-02-2007, 06:12 PM
thanks klemm