PDA

View Full Version : Maybe It's Nothing But Regarding *SPOILERS*

Avl521
01-07-2011, 01:57 AM
So, As I said, maybe it's nothing at all, maybe it's something, but I just thought about it for some reason.

HUGE WALL OF TEXT INCOMING!:

So at the end of AC:B for those that already finished it (and if you haven't why the heck are you reading this?) and during Subject 16's "Truth" (Glyphs, Rifts and The Truth Level) we learn that Desmond is one of "the children of two worlds", that he has his abilities and potential because of some involvement with TWCB, and both 16 and Juno make references to a Woman.

And to quote:

Subject 16: She is not who you think she is. Everything you hope to become, everything you hold dear, itĺs already gone.
Desmond: Explain. Please.
Subject 16: Eden. She... in Eden. Find Eve. The Key. Her DNA.

We see Eve is referenced here, a woman, and as for we know from The "first" truth (The video in AC2) Eve escaped with Adam and stole a POE from TWCB.

Originally posted by Juno57... Actually by Juno:
Juno: On the 72nd day before the moment of awakening. You, birthed from our loins and the loins of our enemies. The end and the beginning, who we abhor and honor. The final journey commences. There is one who would accompany you through the gate. She lies not within our sight. The cross darkens the horizon.

Juno: It is done. The way lies all before you. Only she remains to be found. Awaken the sixth. Go. ALONE!

So, we have a bunch of mentions that Desmond HAS to find HER, EVE.

Now I assume not everyone played Assassin's Creed: Alta´r's Chronicles, a DS game set a year before the events of AC1.
Now in this game, Alta´r is tasked by Al Mualim to find an artifact, much like in AC1, called "The Chalice" said to be an artifact or weapon that could unite ALL under one flag and end the crusades, just like The Apple.

During the course of the game, Alta´r learns that the chalice is located in the Temple Of The Sand, but when he gets there Lord Basilisk (the templar master at that moment.) tells him the Chalice is in fact... *dun dun dun* A Woman!

By the time Alta´r finds her, he recognizes her, her name being Adha.

Adha is the chalice, the supposed "artifact" that can unite everything under one flag. (This hints at some sort of manipulation or power like those present in the POEs. But I won't go into speculation.)
Adha is then kidnapped again, and she leaves without Alta´r being able to do anything about it. However he swears he'll find her.

A year later, during the events of AC1, Adha is briefly mentioned while Alta´r is on his mission to assassinate Abu'l Nuqoud, an informant asks him about Adha, but it seems he has not been able to find her yet.

By Assassin's Creed II, Alta´r has already vanished (That last part of the codex is always puzzling so we don't know the fate of Alta´r...) All we have from Alta´r is the codex.
ONCE AGAIN, Alta´r mentions Adha in it, saying that he was able to find her, but that by the time he got there, she was already dead.
He then mentions in a later codex entry, his love for Maria Thorpe, and mentions that he "had never thought he'd felt about a woman that way again." So he probably loved Adha, was completely torn appart by her death, but then fell in love with Maria... and we know what the naughty Alta´r did with her in ACII http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Also, in one of Abstergo's e-mails in AC1 they mention they will remove "The Grail" from their list of targets... hell I'll just quote:

Originally posted by Alan Rikkin:
Grail - We are removing the Grail from our list of objectives. There is insufficient evidence to confirm its existence. Current examination of Subject Seventeen indicates that aside from the Piece of Eden, all other artifacts related to Christ-figure are literary devices (or derived from Piece of Eden) and not actual objects. Even if the object is real, its use at this stage is negligible. Our resources are better used elsewhere.

According to the whole "myth" of the Holy Grail, it is a Cup or Chalice used by Christ (referenced in the e-mail above too.) during The Last Supper to serve wine.
It's also said the Chalice or Holy Grail was used to catch Christ's Blood. And it's supposed to possess Miraculous powers.
This ties in with the whole Da Vinci Code thing of The Chalice being a woman and the man representing a spear and what not.

Also of note we have the e-mail saying most artifacts related to Christ are most likely POEs or devices created from the Apple. The Shroud. The Papal Staff? If these were indeed creations derived from The Apple, just like Alta´r's Armor... What could have Alta´r done when he looked into The Apple before his death?

Now my point is, that there seems to be a believe that Adha herself was some sort of POE or had powers similar to one, BUT it's also true that when Alta´r got to the Temple of the Sand, there was an empty Golden Chest, so it's possible that there was a POE there, and that Adha was either the POE, or simply guarded one.
If she was indeed a POE or was at the very least "different" from common humans... If Alta´r is one of the "hybrids" that descend from those who came before just like Ezio and Desmond... even Adam himself...

Could it be that Adha was Alta´r's Eve, and just like that, Desmond must find the Modern incarnation/descendant of Adha/Eve??

I'm just going on a bit of a stretch here, but hell, at this point anything that keeps me thinking about AC after AC:B will satisfy my need for another dose of the franchise http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Plus the whole Eve and Adha being the "chalice" are quite a deal...

rileypoole1234
01-07-2011, 03:32 PM
It makes sense. The woman being a PoE is an interesting point, I never thought about that before. These are cool points but they are a bit of a stretch. But it is Ubisoft and after throwing us two curveballs with the ending of AC2 and ACB, i think anything's possible for AC3.

DarthEzio55
01-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Avl521:
So, As I said, maybe it's nothing at all, maybe it's something, but I just thought about it for some reason.

HUGE WALL OF TEXT INCOMING!:

So at the end of AC:B for those that already finished it (and if you haven't why the heck are you reading this?) and during Subject 16's "Truth" (Glyphs, Rifts and The Truth Level) we learn that Desmond is one of "the children of two worlds", that he has his abilities and potential because of some involvement with TWCB, and both 16 and Juno make references to a Woman.

And to quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Subject 16: She is not who you think she is. Everything you hope to become, everything you hold dear, itĺs already gone.
Desmond: Explain. Please.
Subject 16: Eden. She... in Eden. Find Eve. The Key. Her DNA.

We see Eve is referenced here, a woman, and as for we know from The "first" truth (The video in AC2) Eve escaped with Adam and stole a POE from TWCB.

Originally posted by Juno57... Actually by Juno:
Juno: On the 72nd day before the moment of awakening. You, birthed from our loins and the loins of our enemies. The end and the beginning, who we abhor and honor. The final journey commences. There is one who would accompany you through the gate. She lies not within our sight. The cross darkens the horizon.

Juno: It is done. The way lies all before you. Only she remains to be found. Awaken the sixth. Go. ALONE!

So, we have a bunch of mentions that Desmond HAS to find HER, EVE.

Now I assume not everyone played Assassin's Creed: Alta´r's Chronicles, a DS game set a year before the events of AC1.
Now in this game, Alta´r is tasked by Al Mualim to find an artifact, much like in AC1, called "The Chalice" said to be an artifact or weapon that could unite ALL under one flag and end the crusades, just like The Apple.

During the course of the game, Alta´r learns that the chalice is located in the Temple Of The Sand, but when he gets there Lord Basilisk (the templar master at that moment.) tells him the Chalice is in fact... *dun dun dun* A Woman!

Adha is the chalice, the supposed "artifact" that can unite everything under one flag. (This hints at some sort of manipulation or power like those present in the POEs. But I won't go into speculation.)
Adha is then kidnapped again, and she leaves without Alta´r being able to do anything about it. However he swears he'll find her.

A year later, during the events of AC1, Adha is briefly mentioned while Alta´r is on his mission to assassinate Abu'l Nuqoud, an informant asks him about Adha, but it seems he has not been able to find her yet.

By Assassin's Creed II, Alta´r has already vanished (That last part of the codex is always puzzling so we don't know the fate of Alta´r...) All we have from Alta´r is the codex.
ONCE AGAIN, Alta´r mentions Adha in it, saying that he was able to find her, but that by the time he got there, she was already dead.
He then mentions in a later codex entry, his love for Maria Thorpe, and mentions that he "had never thought he'd felt about a woman that way again." So he probably loved Adha, was completely torn appart by her death, but then fell in love with Maria... and we know what the naughty Alta´r did with her in ACII http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Also, in one of Abstergo's e-mails in AC1 they mention they will remove "The Grail" from their list of targets... hell I'll just quote:

Originally posted by Alan Rikkin:
Grail - We are removing the Grail from our list of objectives. There is insufficient evidence to confirm its existence. Current examination of Subject Seventeen indicates that aside from the Piece of Eden, all other artifacts related to Christ-figure are literary devices (or derived from Piece of Eden) and not actual objects. Even if the object is real, its use at this stage is negligible. Our resources are better used elsewhere.

According to the whole "myth" of the Holy Grail, it is a Cup or Chalice used by Christ (referenced in the e-mail above too.) during The Last Supper to serve wine.
It's also said the Chalice or Holy Grail was used to catch Christ's Blood. And it's supposed to possess Miraculous powers.
This ties in with the whole Da Vinci Code thing of The Chalice being a woman and the man representing a spear and what not.

Also of note we have the e-mail saying most artifacts related to Christ are most likely POEs or devices created from the Apple. The Shroud. The Papal Staff? If these were indeed creations derived from The Apple, just like Alta´r's Armor... What could have Alta´r done when he looked into The Apple before his death?

Now my point is, that there seems to be a believe that Adha herself was some sort of POE or had powers similar to one, BUT it's also true that when Alta´r got to the Temple of the Sand, there was an empty Golden Chest, so it's possible that there was a POE there, and that Adha was either the POE, or simply guarded one.
If she was indeed a POE or was at the very least "different" from common humans... If Alta´r is one of the "hybrids" that descend from those who came before just like Ezio and Desmond... even Adam himself...

Could it be that Adha was Alta´r's Eve, and just like that, Desmond must find the Modern incarnation/descendant of Adha/Eve??

I'm just going on a bit of a stretch here, but hell, at this point anything that keeps me thinking about AC after AC:B will satisfy my need for another dose of the franchise http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Plus the whole Eve and Adha being the "chalice" are quite a deal... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif nice theory... all these threads with people posting their theories, I can't wait until the next ac comes out.

RzaRecta357
01-07-2011, 04:04 PM
I hate to be the one to rain on this but some one would eventually.

It's been said a few times that the DS game is non canon to the actual series. So this theory goes no where I guess.

Although I do think that forgetting about the Holy grail will be a mistake on the templars in the end.

Avl521
01-07-2011, 04:14 PM
I admit it may be a bit of a stretch, but it's an interesting collection of facts, and it is Lord Basilisk himself who says the Chalice is Adha.
So it is interesting.
I did what I could to show good documentation and research http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

It's been said a few times that the DS game is non canon to the actual series. So this theory goes no where I guess.

Although I do think that forgetting about the Holy grail will be a mistake on the templars in the end.

EVEN if the DS games are not cannon (they obviously seem to be anyways.) Adha is mentioned in AC1 and in AC2 so she obviously is part of the lore of AC.

RebeccaLH
01-07-2011, 04:32 PM
I admit it may be a bit of a stretch, but it's an interesting collection of facts, and it is Lord Basilisk himself who says the Chalice is Adha.
So it is interesting.
I did what I could to show good documentation and research http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

EVEN if the DS games are not cannon (they obviously seem to be anyways.) Adha is mentioned in AC1 and in AC2 so she obviously is part of the lore of AC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One reason why it might not be this is that most of what youve said is not in the main games and thats where most clues are left.

Avl521
01-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Actually of all the HUGE wall of text the only thing that is not in the main games is this:

So actually the majority of what I wrote was in the main games lol.

And even so, I don't know what's wrong with it being only on the DS game.
Ubisoft has respected the DS story of Adha in AC1 and AC2.
And the DS game was released in 2008, while AC1 was released in 2007, so the devs had the mention of Adha in AC1 even BEFORE they explained her in the DS game.
And then they explain what happened to her AFTER the game.

RebeccaLH
01-07-2011, 05:12 PM
I only said it as the majority of people play ps3 or xbox.
And i was refering to the part of which you wrote about the DS game.

But i think that what you have typed could be possible.

Avl521
01-07-2011, 05:34 PM
Oh yes, I acknowledge most people play PS3 or Xbox.
That's why I said at the beginning that I assumed not everyone played the DS game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

evilmidget369
01-07-2011, 05:52 PM
I think this is a very good theory, and would make a lot of sense. When I first read that e-mail about the Holy Grail and the Templars dismissing it, the first thing that popped into my mind was 'they're gonna regret that'.

My favorite part of your post is that you use actual quotes from the games to back it up http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif.

Avl521
01-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif