PDA

View Full Version : I don't have the patch...

VonKlugermon
06-08-2005, 08:48 PM
...I can't find the codes!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/willson/penguin.jpg

(wait till tomorrow!!)

Willy

jarink
06-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Cute and cuddly boys, cute and cuddly...

Kernow
06-09-2005, 01:24 AM
I think you need to know a special handshake or something.

Tully__
06-09-2005, 03:19 AM
Wait 'til it's really official (ie: there's an announcement about it on the game web page).

VonKlugermon
06-09-2005, 01:52 PM
I'll wait...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/willson/chimp.jpg

...and throw poop at everybody that downloaded the beta!

Willy

LStarosta
06-09-2005, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by VonKlugermon:
I'll wait...

Willy

BS. You're just jealous because you don't have it. Frankly, I don't care if anyone downloaded it. The community has been screwed over with the 2 weeks brush off too many times. It was supposed to be out the first week of June... Nope.. Okay, it was supposed to be out today... Still not out.. Whatever. They had it coming.

Taylortony
06-09-2005, 02:59 PM
LStarosta I do think you are being totally unfair here and it annoys me when people say things like that..

Quote "BS. You're just jealous because you don't have it. Frankly, I don't care if anyone downloaded it. The community has been screwed over with the 2 weeks brush off too many times. It was supposed to be out the first week of June... Nope.. Okay, it was supposed to be out today... Still not out.. Whatever. They had it coming."

"

One.... you are getting a Patch for Free, a Patch that the team at Maddox have spent a lot of time and no doubt money on..

Two.... The fact that they get nothing but abuse in the forums and Olegs ready room do no one any favours..

Three.... With the New project (BOB) on it's way, why should Maddox even bother supporting it further with updates and get the abuse they have to put up with.. after all we have had so much for nothing from them..... not many companies would support a game like this...

Four... And its already started, people whine like a bunch of children in here about it was promised here, it was promised there and it's still not released............... so they release it early and what happens..... we get five..

Five.... the patch is porked, this don't work, that is wrong, etc.......

Well...you get what you ask for... moan like hell that the patch isn't out, then when it is rushed out to appease you all you moan like hell that it's not finished.....

Myself, If I was Oleg after the blatent ripping off of the unreleased patch and the crashing of the 1C site because of it, I would call time, say enough is enough take a deep breath and walk away from it...... and before you all sit round debating who caused him to do that, I would suggest you all take a loooooong look in the mirror......

No ones getting brushed off, It takes time to do things and if they are not ready then the have to be finished......... I do wish I was as perfect as a lot of you on here that obviously never are late for anything...........

Sorry rant over, I just think you should all step back and listen to yourselves whinging about getting something for free from someone that holds absolutely NO OBLIGATION to give you anything, and after all that you go and download it Illegally without permission off there site........... Me i would put software in place on all beta copies to identify each copy and who they were downloaded by and if any turn up online i would prosecute the person handing it out to the maximum the law of their country permits................................

msalama
06-09-2005, 03:14 PM
Tony: spot on.

LStarosta
06-09-2005, 03:35 PM
I see your point. But I think people who run their mouths on people who downloaded the beta from whatever source are being unfair too. No one here has unlimited patience. All I'm saying is that if this patch has been so anticipated and not delivered when it was supposed to be, people are going to tend to want to get their hands on it by whatever means. Whining about THAT is pointless because frankly, this happens everywhere, not just in the IL2 community.

I think Oleg is playing with a lot of people's nerves here. I'm not saying this in an angry way, but Oleg simply has tight reigns over a lot of people's emotions about the patch. I'm not complaining about Oleg postponing the patch. I'm not whining about the contents of the patch. I'm just a little disappointed that Oleg has said one thing and done another.

Understand that I agree that Oleg has no obligation to deliver this patch. But if he says he will do it, then I'm holding him to his word. Likewise if he said there wouldn't be a patch, then I would thank him for his honesty. That is a general pet-peeve of mine. If he can't make the deadline, fine. But I'd appreciate if he said so. Instead we all get our hopes up for "middle of March" or "first week of June" or whatever the promises have been just to get disappointed again. In my work environment, if I pulled off something like this, I would be chewed out by my superiors. So excuse me and anyone else who has the 4.0 beta from whichever source. Perhaps we're not as idealistic and patient as the rest of you.

Capitalistically speaking, if I volunteer to do something, I am not obligated either since I am doing it for free. But if I tell someone that I will volunteer at their benefit event and then decide not to show up, then that just isn't acceptable.

Call_me_Kanno
06-09-2005, 03:57 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Kanno/thumbsupchimp.gif

InyerEye
06-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Go ahead.Throw it.
With the kick-butt new P38L and new FM,I can dodge the poo.I saw a link to the Beta last night,at 1:30am.Now its MINE,all MINE!!!!MMWAA HA HA!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

blairgowrie
06-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Right on TT.

Taylortony
06-09-2005, 05:47 PM
HMMMMMMMMMMM

I think Oleg is playing with a lot of people's nerves here. I'm not saying this in an angry way, but Oleg simply has tight reigns over a lot of people's emotions about the patch. I'm not complaining about Oleg postponing the patch. I'm not whining about the contents of the patch. I'm just a little disappointed that Oleg has said one thing and done another.

The bloke has just been involved in one if not two car accidents and has been recuperating, what do you all expect? he crawls out of his rest bed and limps into work to ensure the patch is out in 2 weeks regardless or he informs you otherwise ???????? jeez GIVE THE MAN A BREAK, some people in here one feels would turn up at a funeral to whinge at the widow that their husband they are planting had promised to paint their house this week...........

As you Americans say Sh*t happens............. give the man time to get on his feet back at work and to make sure everything is ready....

LStarosta I am not and i mean NOT having a pop at you personally, and believe it or not i dont normally have a whinge at all, but this has gone to far, the poor man is recovering from injuries and people are already having a go at software that was never intended for release...

I would personally like to see Oleg cut his ties with this game and go onto doing BOB......... that hurts to say that, Ohhh so much, as i have been here since the first version drew breath online and have watched the impudent child grow into the mature game it is today, often a long the way a lot of people have put in input and not always to the better for the game, the FM deteriorated in my eyes and the sound too, but mature it has.
Thanks largely to Olegs determination in the face of severe and often hard critism from his greatest supporters...... YOU. It pains me to say to him move on and leave it all behind as I get great pleasure from skinning the latest aircraft skins, often spending weeks on them for all of your benefit with out any recompense at all...Not that I want any, I enjoy seeing them appear out of nothing... recompense enough...
But, all i see is grab grab grab followed by whinge whinge whinge.............. would you want it? I wouldnt and if he decides to pull the plug on updates I wish him well........... Have any of you considered the fact he may well be waiting on a model or cockpit of one of the planes we well may see? so it may be incorporated into the patch............. I bet not....

want to know how sick he must be of it? He used to pop online to fly and ask our comments in the old days, he used to answer posts in his ready room too, but go read the posts these days. They are full of diatribe..... you know I have emailed him direct several times with legitimate faults, have included screenshots to assist them and have been rewarded with replies, from either himself or the programmer of the field involved, the answers have been concise often asking for more info and screenshots and everything has been dealt with efficently and if no fix is available a reason has been added.......when was the last purile dross in the ready room answered? Never, if you treat him and his team with the respect they deserve, you will be treated the same........... backbiting and a plethora of verbal garbage will get you what you deserve....... Nothing

LStarosta
06-09-2005, 06:35 PM
I guess we have to agree to disagree. I never complained about Oleg when he said he wasn't sure about when the patch would be released, TT. I understand the hard work that goes into this. But it just sort of plays on people's hopes when the word is that it will be out in a particular timeframe and it's not. I'm just saying that the consensus is that people are very anxious for this patch, and since it has not come out yet, they are downloading the beta. You can't blame them. To do so would be naive on your own part.

Please understand when I say that I know that this is completely voluntary on Oleg's part. And I honestly don't expect anything from Oleg, other than maybe the Betty which was on the PF box, but that's another story. Maybe I'm the idealistic one when I say that it would be nice to know why Oleg's own timeframe has been pushed back. It would definitely ease tensions on the forums, and while some people may have still downloaded the beta, I'm thinking that it would be more like that one leaked FB patch back in the day where the majority of people still flew the official, not the leak.

Also, let it be known that I have never b!tched at Oleg or anyone else about any issue in the game. While I may have chimed in on some discussions and dropped my opinion concerning some bugs or imperfections, I honestly believe I have NEVER whined about anything, apart from jokes. I appreciate what he does for us, and I know that most other game developers would just leave the game open for modification instead of keeping it consistent and updated like 1C does. But I'm just trying to explain why people did download the 4.0 beta. They were simply waiting for it since the release of Pacific Fighters, and their all too human nature has gotten the best of them. Is what they did right? I'm not going to judge anyone. Everyone has been uptight about the patch for a long time now. Most threads having anything to do with waiting for the patch have been locked. This is the general atmosphere of the community. People were expecting this patch on several deadlines which have constantly been moved back. People start getting impatient. Is it Oleg's fault? No. Would it be nice if he could tell us that the release date will be altered, if for at least the community's sanity's sake? Sure, it would be nice. Does he have to do it? No, but it would be nice if he saved the community a lot of blood sweat and tears spent on arguments such as this. I'm just trying to comprehend people's motives for their behavior, and I don't necessarily condone all the whining, but I understand people's impatience after so many long months.

VonKlugermon
06-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by LStarosta:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonKlugermon:
I'll wait...

Willy

BS. You're just jealous because you don't have it. Frankly, I don't care if anyone downloaded it. The community has been screwed over with the 2 weeks brush off too many times. It was supposed to be out the first week of June... Nope.. Okay, it was supposed to be out today... Still not out.. Whatever. They had it coming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chill dude, you're taking this light-hearted post waaaaaayyyyyy to serious!

Willy

carguy_
06-10-2005, 09:16 AM
Yeah yeah respect for Oleg blahblahblahblah....

Those who whine have one point you or Oleg are not able to deny.The Betty is listed as flyable aircraft on the game box.I don`t care about this plane.I don`t fly it even now.Wasted bytes if you ask me.But say some ppl BOUGHT the game just for this plane.They have not been assured "We`re sorry,the Betty ain`t going to be released" but no they said "In a month we`re gonna add this plane" then "One more month" then a big period of silence then "The patch will be released soon(Ivan) in April" then you see what happens now.6 months and still no Betty released.In a world of capitalism the word "Flyable:Betty" put an OBLIGATION on 1C whether it was Ubi or not.

That obligation hasn`t been fulfilled until today and counting.The Betty argument makes the whole patch whining legitimate because Oleg didn`t just release he Betty alone,no.He decided to make a huge patch.What?Still no flyable Betty?

I`m not angry at Oleg,I have respect for him,I do not care about the Betty or the official patch.

I`m pointing out that Oleg does own something to those who read Betty on the box and bought it.In the Betty argument ,the new FM,other flyables and more cool stuff doesn`t count because it wasn`t on the box.

In other words:

Customer:I would like to purchase that cool Panasonic audio tower.
Oleg(Ubi,whatever):Heeey,we don`t have this particular product but plz take a look at the LG tower there,huh?
Customer:No,Sir,I wanted to purchase the Panasonic thingie.You don`t have it?
Oleg(Ubi,whatever):Uuuh,not at this moment,Sir.Oh,I just heard Joey is on his way with the supply,he`ll be here tomorrow.We`ll
have your tower then,Sir!
(the next day)
Customer:Good morning,Sir,I`d like to purchase the tower you said is to be available today.
Oleg(Ubi,whatever):Aaaah....uum we had some difficulties,but I`m sure we`ll have it in this week,Sir.Why dontcha feast your eyes on that BEATIFUL LG audio tower!!Neat,isn`t it,Sir?
Customer:*walks out of the store*

Something like this has been going on since October 2004. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

IAFS_Painter
06-10-2005, 09:36 AM
TT you're spot on

{snip}

LilHorse
06-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by LStarosta:
I think Oleg is playing with a lot of people's nerves here. I'm not saying this in an angry way, but Oleg simply has tight reigns over a lot of people's emotions about the patch.

Then a lot of people need to get a friggin' life.

In the grand scheme of things, it just ain't that important.

Taylortony
06-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by carguy_:
Yeah yeah respect for Oleg blahblahblahblah....

Those who whine have one point you or Oleg are not able to deny.The Betty is listed as flyable aircraft on the game box.I don`t care about this plane.I don`t fly it even now.Wasted bytes if you ask me.But say some ppl BOUGHT the game just for this plane.They have not been assured "We`re sorry,the Betty ain`t going to be released" but no they said "In a month we`re gonna add this plane" then "One more month" then a big period of silence then "The patch will be released soon(Ivan) in April" then you see what happens now.6 months and still no Betty released.In a world of capitalism the word "Flyable:Betty" put an OBLIGATION on 1C whether it was Ubi or not.

That obligation hasn`t been fulfilled until today and counting.The Betty argument makes the whole patch whining legitimate because Oleg didn`t just release he Betty alone,no.He decided to make a huge patch.What?Still no flyable Betty?

I`m not angry at Oleg,I have respect for him,I do not care about the Betty or the official patch.

I`m pointing out that Oleg does own something to those who read Betty on the box and bought it.In the Betty argument ,the new FM,other flyables and more cool stuff doesn`t count because it wasn`t on the box.

Again the packaging was not printed By Oleg but by Ubisoft and Oleg was upset that it was produced before the final version was released, that the leaked version of the game that was put online sort of put paid to waiting for the game to match the packaging, that could have been commercial suicide.

But end of the day... No Betty included, packaging says Betty in the box, take the Box back and get your money back and buy CFS3 and regret the fact.......... everyone has the choice under consumer laws to return the product if it is not as described, so the betty whinge is more or less negated for those that bought the game for just that....

I do understand where you are coming from LStarosta, but please, please, Do not take my comments personally as if they are aimed at you, they are not, its just a general post...... I do think the mods should lock all of the Beta 4.0M topics though as leaving them open condons what people have done.

IcarusXP
06-10-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by LilHorse:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LStarosta:
I think Oleg is playing with a lot of people's nerves here. I'm not saying this in an angry way, but Oleg simply has tight reigns over a lot of people's emotions about the patch.

In the grand scheme of things, it just ain't that important. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy you hit the nail on the head, didn't ya. Reading some of these posts it just amazes me how much though some people put into something so irellivant.

Never the less, I still check the web site every day.

I'll bet Oleg and team are simply repackageing the patch so To something like, "4.01" just so everyone who downloaded the leak will have to do it again.HA HA http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

Atomic_Marten
06-10-2005, 01:30 PM
Taylortony
IAFS_Painter
msalama
Call_me_Kanno
blairgowrie

Do you run 4.00 on your computers now?

And BTW @IcarusXP I really do not believe that the game must be reinstalled in order to apply 4.01 e.g. just apply it over 'old' 4.00.

@VonKlugermon if you still don't have the 4.00 patch visit http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/5731012923

NetDaemon
06-10-2005, 02:04 PM

I don´t have the patch...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif It sucks to be you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

SeaNorris
06-10-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:
Taylortony
IAFS_Painter
msalama
Call_me_Kanno
blairgowrie

And BTW @IcarusXP I really do not believe that the game must be reinstalled in order to apply 4.01 e.g. just apply it over 'old' 4.00.

@VonKlugermon if you still don't have the 4.00 patch visit http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/26310365/m/5731012923

Add me to that list, I have it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

msalama
06-10-2005, 02:16 PM

Yep, I do. It's a bloody slideshow, but that's my fault because no-one's exactly forcing me to use antiquated computers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But other than that I just love it...

Taylortony
06-10-2005, 06:29 PM
No I do NOT.

Have I got the link? yes I have, have I got the patch? yes I have, but only because someone sent it to me.
Have I installed it NO I haven't, will I install It? No I wont.
Why Not? Because I am happy to wait to get the final official version, people have often send me beta versions of patches ages before they come out.....do I install them?, no not often.... possibly once I think, so I could produce the Spit V template..... the rest I deleted eventually...
People often said to me when FB I think it was came out in the states first, download it if you intend to buy it and skin for that, did I ? NO...... I had more integrity than that, I used to email my skins to Canada a friend there flew them and emailed me screenies back and I skinned from them...took me weeks but I was proud of not being involved in ripping off a company that was striving to improve my game and the final skin.......

Wishes/ Dreams.......... To be able to be involved in skinning the Spits for the new Battle of Britain game, after all I have every Spitfire drawing the RAF BBMF hold on cd and I have access to real Spits and all of the maintenance and pilots manuals, I work and have worked on them in the past during my career.. I think I would be able to do a pretty decent job of them and people do seem to like my skins......Now all we need is for Oleg to model the flap operation correctly..... something the whingers have missed

Call_me_Kanno
06-10-2005, 07:00 PM
Neyt. I'm too lazy right now to fool with it.

FeiHu
06-10-2005, 07:01 PM
tt http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif Still waiting.................

SeaFireLIV
06-10-2005, 07:05 PM
Sorry, but I had to today. Didn`t want to. I wish to be able to put in my input to the `4.00 Patch bug report thread` if anything.

Like voting.

steve_v
06-10-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Atomic_Marten:
Do you run 4.00 on your computers now? No. But I do have a newly formatted OS partition on the hard drive. Just wanted to drop in and make a few posts. Should have everything reinstalled by tomorrow evening. Also, got a six pack to assure the installs go smooth.

Fan on the Northbridge failed, eventually corrupting the OS install. (I o/c.) Cya tomorrow.

Kernow
06-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by NetDaemon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I don´t have the patch...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif It sucks to be you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually I don't have it either and no it doesn't. You'd be amazed, but life goes on. In fact it's amusing to watch the lemming-like masses.

SeaFireLIV:
Sorry, but I had to today. Didn`t want to. I wish to be able to put in my input to the `4.00 Patch bug report thread` if anything.

Er, yea right http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

IcarusXP
06-16-2005, 06:29 AM
quote:
Originally posted by LilHorse:

quote:
"Originally posted by LStarosta:

In the grand scheme of things, it just ain't that important."

Boy you hit the nail on the head, didn't ya. Reading some of these posts it just amazes me how much though some people put into something so irellivant.

Never the less, I still check the web site every day.

I'll bet Oleg and team are simply repackageing the patch so To something like, "4.01" just so everyone who downloaded the leak will have to do it again.HA HA

HOLLY CARP ! DID I CALL THAT ONE OR WHAT !!!!!!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif