PDA

View Full Version : If I'm incognito...

DeanOMiite
01-10-2011, 10:36 AM
...does my target hear whispers as I approach? Or at least quieter ones?

FearlessSpeach
01-10-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by DeanOMiite:
...does my target hear whispers as I approach? Or at least quieter ones?

Whispers are proximity based. Being blended the entire time you are in line of sight does seem to dilute them to some extent, but if you are close enough they will be max volume no matter what.

From my experience, it seems to be some sort of equation based on obviousness and distance. A roaming crowd with a doppleganger coming around a corner less than 10 steps from your target gives them next to no warning (assuming you weren't running on the other side of that building)

Rainie
01-10-2011, 11:10 AM
In my experience, as the pursuer gets closer to you the louder the whispers become. However the speed at which the pursuer is approaching effects the rate at which the volume increases. If you're (the pursuer) is incognito then the volume increases at a constant rate. If you're running then the volume will suddenly jump in volume very quickly

DeanOMiite
01-10-2011, 11:13 AM
Gotcha...proximity is the only thing the affects the volume, but you can use the rate of volume increase to narrow down the pursuer.

*high five*

Rainie
01-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by DeanOMiite:
Gotcha...proximity is the only thing the affects the volume, but you can use the rate of volume increase to narrow down the pursuer.

*high five*

You got it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif also if you notice the sudden rise in volume, look for red arrows

DeanOMiite
01-10-2011, 11:26 AM
yeah, big time, when I start to hear the whispers I swivel the camera like I'm doing pottery and I often pick up the red arrow as a result.

Speaking of which, when exactly does the red arrow come? It's whenever a pursuer enters high profile in your line of sight right? Or is it something more involved?

Rainie
01-10-2011, 12:26 PM
I believe it's when they've lost incognito and are running/jogging while in your line of sight. If they start walking the arrow will eventually go away, but if you saw it then you have an advantage because you know who they are.

ix_5x0killerxi
01-10-2011, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
In my experience, as the pursuer gets closer to you the louder the whispers become. However the speed at which the pursuer is approaching effects the rate at which the volume increases. If you're (the pursuer) is incognito then the volume increases at a constant rate. If you're running then the volume will suddenly jump in volume very quickly
What do you mean by whispers?

Rainie
01-10-2011, 12:41 PM
It's like a ghostly hissing sound that appears when pursuers are approaching. Lot of people have trouble hearing it tho so don't feel bad if you haven't. If you go to my YouTube channel and watch any of my vids with the titles "smackdown pt x" or "stuns are fun", jack up the volume and notice where my camera is facing, 90% of the time it's on an oncoming pursuer. You should start hearing the "whispers" as they get closer to me

BlacklightDemon
01-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by ix_5x0killerxi:
What do you mean by whispers?
The whispers you can hear that say "searching" when your pursuer gets close. I didn't notice them until people on here started to mention them.

E-Zekiel
01-10-2011, 01:36 PM
If you are hidden, whispers are nearly inaudible and their volume does not change.