PDA

View Full Version : DLC Achievements/Trophies Patch?

RobL92123
01-26-2010, 03:44 PM
OK. So a couple of internet sources have been saying it's confirmed that the first DLC "Battle of Forli" will have no achievements/trophies, and therefore I'm assuming that the second DLC "The Bonfire of the Vanities" won't either (this hasn't been confirmed though).

There seem to be mixed reactions to this news around the internet, so I thought it would be useful to create a poll/discussion post for the community to state their views and discuss the inclusion/exclusion of DLC achievements, allowing Ubisoft developers and interested forum members (like me) to see what the overall opinion is.

If you’re for DLC achievements, post why you’re for them – but try to explain sensibly (not just “because they are awesome”)
If you’re against DLC achievements, post why you’re against them – but again try to explain sensibly (not just “because they are stupid”)
Or if you really don’t care either way, feel free to post that too. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sources:
http://www.xbox360achievements...ew-Achievements.html (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4245-This-Week-s-Assassin-s-Creed-2-DLC-Won-t-Have-New-Achievements.html)
http://360.kombo.com/article.php?artid=18336

RobL92123
01-26-2010, 03:44 PM
OK. So a couple of internet sources have been saying it's confirmed that the first DLC "Battle of Forli" will have no achievements/trophies, and therefore I'm assuming that the second DLC "The Bonfire of the Vanities" won't either (this hasn't been confirmed though).

There seem to be mixed reactions to this news around the internet, so I thought it would be useful to create a poll/discussion post for the community to state their views and discuss the inclusion/exclusion of DLC achievements, allowing Ubisoft developers and interested forum members (like me) to see what the overall opinion is.

If you’re for DLC achievements, post why you’re for them – but try to explain sensibly (not just “because they are awesome”)
If you’re against DLC achievements, post why you’re against them – but again try to explain sensibly (not just “because they are stupid”)
Or if you really don’t care either way, feel free to post that too. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sources:
http://www.xbox360achievements...ew-Achievements.html (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4245-This-Week-s-Assassin-s-Creed-2-DLC-Won-t-Have-New-Achievements.html)
http://360.kombo.com/article.php?artid=18336

KZarr
01-26-2010, 03:46 PM
Don't really care. I'm not going to actively try to get one.

senile old coot
01-26-2010, 03:58 PM
i like achievements as they provide me with additonal challenges, however the absence of them is unlikely to detract from my overall experience of the game tbh (i mean it's not like they're removing parkour, now that'd be worth complaining about).

vI Demon Iv
01-26-2010, 04:10 PM
This just says to me that Ubi looked at the game, said "These 2 sequences wont effect any of the retail achievements so lets pull them and charge extra for them later, making as much money as possible with as little work as possible."

Whether they add them later or not, I wont buy. Ubi needs to be sent the message that we wont pay full price for an unfinished game then pay extra a few months later to get the rest of the game.

GariStz
01-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Both DLC's will be a part from the game, witch means that there is no point of having even more - probably there will be only 2 achievements - for completing memory sequence 12 & 13. Nuff' said.

Wonderglue
01-26-2010, 04:25 PM
I Voted Yes,but i don't really care since they aren't really important. But as an option,Yes is always a nice choice.

You are buying the DLC Content,not achievements. They were always free and part of the original game.

Since most of them are easy,there is no reason to have them at all.

And DemonI81 you haven't even looked at the size of the DLC. It's fairly cheap,and there were many reasons why the DLC was cut from the original game.

SWJS
01-26-2010, 05:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DemonI81:
This just says to me that Ubi looked at the game, said "These 2 sequences wont effect any of the retail achievements so lets pull them and charge extra for them later, making as much money as possible with as little work as possible."

Whether they add them later or not, I wont buy. Ubi needs to be sent the message that we wont pay full price for an unfinished game then pay extra a few months later to get the rest of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ugh. Why does EVERYONE think Ubisoft pulled the DLC from the actual game on purpose, just to make more money?

It's already been discussed, they pulled the DLC to meet the launch window.

Even if the DLC does cost money, it is VERY, VERY, cheap compared to other DLC episodes, such as GTA.

The game WAS finished, we just get a bonus to make a the game a few hours longer. Which is a good thing for AC2, considering the fact that it's already 20+ hours.

senile old coot
01-26-2010, 05:21 PM
is this the part where the thread descends into the 4785th argument about the nature of the DLCs?

the amolang
01-26-2010, 09:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DemonI81:

Whether they add them later or not, I wont buy. Ubi needs to be sent the message that we wont pay full price for an unfinished game then pay extra a few months later to get the rest of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ugh. Why does EVERYONE think Ubisoft pulled the DLC from the actual game on purpose, just to make more money?

It's already been discussed, they pulled the DLC to meet the launch window.

Even if the DLC does cost money, it is VERY, VERY, cheap compared to other DLC episodes, such as GTA.

The game WAS finished, we just get a bonus to make a the game a few hours longer. Which is a good thing for AC2, considering the fact that it's already 20+ hours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ubisoft even said that these two sequences didn't fit as well as the other sequences in the story, so they decided to take them out (as they weren't very important, and didn't add much to the storyline) and release them later for a VERY low price (considering dlc pricing nowadays). I don't know why anyone has a problem with the whole dlc thing...

But I am slightly dissapointed that there will be no achievements/trophies. cause it gives me more playtime, as I try to get all the achievements it just makes me play the game more, and (if the achievements are good) it can be a lot of fun. Plus me, my brother, and a friend have a bit of a competition to see who can get the most. (none of us are real hardcore gamers though... so we are all in the low thousands...)

Erroneus
01-27-2010, 12:17 PM
No trophies, no buy....

Come back Ubi, when you decide to care about your customers and not just try to shell in money on content, which was supposed to be in the game.

This stunt with no Achievements/Trophies makes this DLC even worse, because it shows UBI don't want to spend time on it, but only cash in.

They are going to regret it, a lot of people will not buy the DLC, because of this.

SteelCity999
01-27-2010, 12:45 PM
I would say forget the fact the dlc has no trophies and say maybe ubisoft should have had a better trophy list in the first place......it was pretty lame to begin with. To be able to get all of the trophies on the first play is just missing out. They could have been alot more challenging and required you to play the game alot more using ALL of the things you acquired in the game.

Trophies and achievements should be in a game to enhance replayability and add extra challenge to whats already there. You shouldn't just get them for playing like AC2 does....

JAHman28
01-27-2010, 01:06 PM
I don't generally care.
if they put in acheivements, i'll 'acheive' them.
If they don't, I'll still buy it.
also it is very cheap dlc, considering the amount (around 1 gig) we're getting. I, for one, am grateful for this. thanks, ubi.

II RedDwarf II
01-28-2010, 01:21 AM
I am split on my decision.

On the one hand I like achievements as I always end up playing the game far longer than I would have without, seeing lots more places and doing far more things.

On the other hand I hate MP achievements that force you into grinding out online playtime.

As this is a SP game I have to say I am disappointed. I may wait for the GOTY to come out which will hopefully include both of the DLC's.

NekTM
01-28-2010, 01:37 AM
I don't care either way. But honestly I feel achievements have ruined games. Instead of unlocking an extra costume, concept art, a new character, or a secret level, you get a measly 50-100 Achievement points.

Thanks Microsoft for giving the developers a lazy way to award a gamer for beating their game.

suchislife32
01-28-2010, 08:25 AM
I am disappointed there are no new achievements. So disappointed that I will no longer purchase ubisoft games. I eenjoy the challenge of achievements and work hard to get all the achievements in every game I play. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RobL92123:

Sources:
http://360.kombo.com/article.php?artid=18336 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

spyrochick101
01-28-2010, 08:31 AM
I don't really care about trophies or not in the DLC. I just want more story aka everything that was "corrupt" and its only what? $3.99 + tax? Not the end of the world. :P

Blackglasswar
01-28-2010, 08:39 AM
I'm all for it. Every other game that has released DLC has them, and those people that do DL the DLC would probably like other gamers to know that they have achieved it. I am waiting until both DLC are out before I purchase, in order to see if a patch is brought out and also to extend my playing in one lump sum.

Trophies are now a mandatory inclusion for developers on PS3 so I feel the same should apply to DLC of this nature, its another "level" in the game which adds to your overall completion. I think that you should be able to get Platinum trophy without the DLC but not 100% trophy list unless get the DLC. This can be seen on Fallout 3 and Burnout Paradise where later content had trophy support but could get platinum before 100% of list.

caswallawn_2k7
01-28-2010, 08:45 AM
I don't care, normally the only people who do are the ones who cant actually achieve anything real.

it's not as if you get anything from them other than kids trying to settle a size matter without resorting to tape measures http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Blackglasswar
01-28-2010, 09:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
I don't care, normally the only people who do are the ones who cant actually achieve anything real.

it's not as if you get anything from them other than kids trying to settle a size matter without resorting to tape measures http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I work 8 hours a day and like to come home and put on a game to relax - sometimes for hours sometimes for a few minutes. Unfortunately I also have a Part time study commitment in the evenings for 9 months of the year so my PS3 gets a bit redundent between February and October.

Its nice to be able to look back through and actually SEE what I have achieved in each game by looking at the Trophies. I don't use it as a ding-song extension or a middle finger to others. Burnout required some harmony and team work in order to get them, so they are great social symbols also.

Scked
02-01-2010, 05:00 PM
Yes i am totally for new achievments for both DLC pakages. Battle of Flori and Bonfire of the Vanities are both DNA sequences in the game, so considering that every other DNA sequence has an achievment for completing it, therefore both should have at least one achievement each.

However, considering Battle of Flori's short mission structure and that the flyswater achievment can be unlocked with it purchased, it should not be updated to have any additional acheivements (besides of course the completion of it)

Yet, since Bonfire of the Vanities apparently unlocks an additional section of florence (and it costs more) a few miscellaneous achievments should be added (ones that can only be acomplished in this area of firenze)

Dragonfire126
02-01-2010, 05:32 PM
I don't think that achievements/trophies add anything to the game. I mean, games didn't get better because they had trophies all of a sudden.

RafaelSchuch
02-02-2010, 01:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by suchislife32:
I am disappointed there are no new achievements. So disappointed that I will no longer purchase ubisoft games. I eenjoy the challenge of achievements and work hard to get all the achievements in every game I play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I´m not so radical "not buying ubi games". But I´ll think twice before getting the next DLC. Because if I´ve payed for the DLC it should be achievements! No matter how cheap it was! And more...Ezio´s avatar outfit for 400 ms points?!? NO WAY! That´s other thing that they should gave us as an award not sold!

tonysloggett
02-02-2010, 02:35 AM
NO ACHIEVEMENTS, OMG, you can't provide a DLC with no achievements, it doesn't really incentify people to actually download it and complete it. I downloaded the DLC and I genuinely feel cheated, I'd much rather UBISoft charged more for it and provided some achievements.

tonysloggett
02-02-2010, 02:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dragonfire126:
I don't think that achievements/trophies add anything to the game. I mean, games didn't get better because they had trophies all of a sudden. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually yes they did, I've been gaming for close to 25 years, and when achievements where introduced, in most cases, it made you want to go back and play the game more, and keep trying until you have done all or as many achievements as you possibly could. It's a badge of honour, and for someone who is as competative as I am http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, now a neccesary part of gaming.

Blackglasswar
02-02-2010, 04:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It's a badge of honour, and for someone who is as competative as I am http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, now a neccesary part of gaming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha!

Total agreement - I got to the end of games before now and thought, nah, I wont go back through to unlock that etc. but now I am constantly going back to old missions and trying to get the trivial little things... Operation Flashpiont especially! And Burnout Paradise makes you a social gamer in the process.

jimbo11235813
02-02-2010, 05:21 AM
I said yes because extra achievements mean more things to do as long as they can be completed just by doing the memory. If there are new achievements, then good, but if not I would be too bothered about it.

Grandmaster_Z
02-02-2010, 07:55 AM
achievements/trophies have ruined gaming