PDA

View Full Version : How to use 2 displays

malanar
10-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Hello,
Im trying to setup the game (il-2 1946) to work with 2 displays, but no success.
I set the 3renders to 2 and change the resolution to 2048/768 (it was 1024/768). I have a Nvidia 6800 cardswith 2 outputs.
Can i use 1 card with 2 outputs to do that?
How do i need to setup windows Xp to make it work?
Anything else im missing?

Thats all.

dbillo
10-23-2007, 09:51 AM
Use3Renders only works if you have a Matrox card that supports 3 monitors, or Triplehead2Go, which supports 3 monitors. There is no support for two monitors.

What you can do, however, is run other apps like Teamspeak, or Bombsight Table 2, or have a screenshot of the map, on your other monitor while you are playing the game.

Sorry about that!

FritzGryphon
10-23-2007, 05:37 PM
I had an extra monitor lying around, and I was able to set up 2 displays no problem.

No special settings are required in the game. Just set up your dual monitors with the windows display settings (you should see your desktop spanned across the 2 screens).

Then, in the conf.ini, put in the resolution as it appears in your windows display settings, as you've done already. If the resolution doesn't stick when you launch the game, mess with the SaveAspect value.

That having been said, 2 monitors is kind of lame. The gunsight ends up being right where the two monitors meet, so it's hard to see unless you turn your head. 3 monitors is the only way to go.

major_setback
10-24-2007, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by FritzGryphon:
I had an extra monitor lying around, and I was able to set up 2 displays no problem.

No special settings are required in the game. Just set up your dual monitors with the windows display settings (you should see your desktop spanned across the 2 screens).

Then, in the conf.ini, put in the resolution as it appears in your windows display settings, as you've done already. If the resolution doesn't stick when you launch the game, mess with the SaveAspect value.

That having been said, 2 monitors is kind of lame. The gunsight ends up being right where the two monitors meet, so it's hard to see unless you turn your head. 3 monitors is the only way to go.

You could always put one monitor on top of the other and use it like a mirror, showing the view of your six o'clock position. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

dbillo
10-24-2007, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by FritzGryphon:

Can you provide some more info, FritzGryphon? I assume you use the "span" option for multiple monitors in Windows, and have both monitors with identical resolution? I also assume you don't enable Use3Renders, i.e. Use3Renders=0, is that correct?

malanar
10-24-2007, 06:43 PM
FritzGryphon,
I did what you said and worked, needed to change the SaveAspect too.
The problem is, the screen got zoomed in, now everything is big, so, instead of more field of view a got less, cant even see the gauges now, need to move head to do that.
Any ideas?

FritzGryphon
10-24-2007, 09:50 PM
I zoomed out the view to see more. That's the only FOV adjustment as far as I know.

malanar
10-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Fritz,
By "zoomed out"you mean the pagedown key?
I hit the key and it's still too big, i can see half of the first gauge, in the normal 1024/768 i can see it full.
There is anyway to set the zoom level?

dbillo
10-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Well, this is essentially the same thing as using a widescreen monitor...very wide. You can edit the conf.ini for the wider resolutions, but it is a limitation of the game that you will not get a wider view. Instead, the view is cropped at top and bottom to fit.

So I'll go back to my original response...two monitors are not supported. Three monitors are only supported if you have Matrox triplehead card, or Triplehead2Go, in which case you would enable Use3Renders by making it = 1. (It's either 0 or 1...Off or On)