PDA

View Full Version : How do I set my trim Prior to entering game?

Superjew1
07-22-2009, 11:49 AM
For some reason, my trim is all screwed up prior to clicking 'fly'. The plane relentlessly climbs and its really annoying, plus I have noobies learning how to sim on my setup and it doesnt help them having to be concerned with adjust the trim this early into flight simming.

Any ideas on how I can keep my plane from nosing up immediately when the mission starts?

M_Gunz
07-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Set a key to neutralize pitch trim and if need be, use it at the end of every mission if not at the start.

horseback
07-22-2009, 01:08 PM
Does this condition exist at takeoff, or are you starting 'in flight'?

'Neutral' trim is usually where the aircraft cruises best; cruise speed is different for almost every aircraft type, and unless you're starting at that cruise speed, you will have to adjust trim accordingly.

As far as I know, the trim is set to neutral on all axes at the start of any mission or QMB; if you're starting off in flight, I believe that your starting speed is 300kph (approx. 180mph), and you will have to trim up & accelerate after the mission starts.

Only the AI are trimmed the second they spawn. The rest of us start at neutral (and 1st stage supercharger and 100% prop pitch and 100% mixture regardless of altitude) and have to adjust accordingly.

When it comes to teaching trim, You're probably better off starting at takeoff, learning the initial trim settings and working your way through climb and level flight at various speeds for a given aircraft.

You might want to start with a non-trimming aircraft like the I-16 to demonstrate the preferability of trim over constantly maintaining pressure on the rudder and stick to fly straight and level (don't forget to assign a key or button for manual gear up and manual gear down).

cheers

horseback

hirosangels
07-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Yeah happens to me

I have hit neutral key for the ele trim

Also in air starts, for 5 secs the plane bucks, rolls a few degrees, pulls up / down, yaws, sometimes violently while the joystick reorients itself, then after flies straight.

(im using logitecH)