PDA

View Full Version : Potential Spoilers, leaks...and keeping yourself safe

EscoBlades
10-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Dramatic title i know, but at least i have your attention.

This is just a heads up for all you hardcore fans that surf the forums. I know you are all hungry for info (trust me, i'm in the same boat), but i'm sure you all also want Revelations (and any potential twists, turns and follow on stories) to be a surprise come release day.

So consider this a heads up. Things are ramping up in the run up to release, and Ubisoft are doing quite a few things in Montreal and around the world over the next few weeks that could increase the potential for people to start seeing major spoilers here on the forums.

If you do stumble upon something that could be spoiler-ish, or worse, a leak, here's what you can do:

1) Immediately get in touch with a Forum Manager. Mr Shade and Black Widow work extremely hard to keep this pleace spoiler and leak free for most fans, so help them to help you. They are always in the know, and will let you know if something if good to be posted or not. (You can feel free to run things by me as well, although i'm NOT Ubisoft staff, just so you aware!)

2) If you are absolutely burning to drop some info on the forums that could ruin the story for others, then use the SPOILER tag in the title of your new thread. Alternatively, if you are dropping spoiler info in a post, then be sure to alert the reader, and leave enough lines between your spoiler warning and the actual info. (If you are a forum veteran, then you can change the spoiler text to white, so that it doesn't immediately show up on the forum background)

3) Don't spread it. Seriously...DON'T. Don't post it on youtube, reddit or anywhere that it can be propogated faster than Ezio can climb a Borgia Tower. See point 1 earlier in this post. If you are absolutely sure that it is okay to post, then go right ahead.

4) Be wary of the press. Especially the likes of Kotaku, who have no problems with posting outright spoilers or leaks in return for page hits. Just saying. You can be rest assured that if IGN or XGZ (the site i write for) drop info, then it was cleared to be released. Small shameless plug i know, but i don't break embargoes. Think about it.

If of course, you want to ruin the story for yourself, then feel free to ignore the wall of text above. Most of us here however would rather play Revelations on the 15th without having the ending spoiled for us. Thanks everyone.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 12:37 PM
I'm sticking with official videos from now till launch.

xx-pyro
10-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Am debating going on a media blackout for the game starting November, but in the end reading it on some forum or website and playing the part itself is a completely different thing for me. Hell, I knew all of Dragon Age 2's story and twists before it was released, and I was still surprised at some points.

Hopefully people don't cry about the most minute spoilers, or if they see major plot developments in a thread clearly marked with spoilers- that annoys me to no end.

itsamea-mario
10-16-2011, 12:40 PM
And remember kids, don't talk to strangers.

EscoBlades
10-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
And remember kids, don't talk to strangers. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Sarari
10-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
I'm sticking with official videos from now till launch.
Same here.

dewgel
10-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by EscoBlades:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
And remember kids, don't talk to strangers. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've already forwarded a vid onto Shades for reviewing before posting it here. It's actually got very little storywise, but it's gameplay footage (showing the pause menu / map, more Altair footage to link the IGN clip we saw, and a few other bits and bobs)

I'll post it if he fancies it. Blades, do you want the link? It's also got someone looking at the Encyclopedia and artbook. Not sure if it's safe to post here :P

EscoBlades
10-16-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
And remember kids, don't talk to strangers. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've already forwarded a vid onto Shades for reviewing before posting it here. It's actually got very little storywise, but it's gameplay footage (showing the pause menu / map, more Altair footage to link the IGN clip we saw, and a few other bits and bobs)

I'll post it if he fancies it. Blades, do you want the link? It's also got someone looking at the Encyclopedia and artbook. Not sure if it's safe to post here :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure...PM me and i'll look at it. Thanks.

dex3108
10-16-2011, 01:01 PM
arkhamcity.co.uk have great system. Every new topic has to be approved by moderator or administrator. It would be great if Ubi managers are implement this.

P.S. I would like those links for videos http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

kriegerdesgottes
10-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Yeah I got confirmation today from the mods about a video I'm NOT allowed to post lol. I'm just going to do that for now unless it's a Kotaku/IGN article. It seems like every video/pic I've seen in the last couple weeks is a leaked one.

dewgel
10-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by woodexx:
arkhamcity.co.uk have great system. Every new topic has to be approved by moderator or administrator. It would be great if Ubi managers are implement this.

P.S. I would like those links for videos http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I'm not sharing it to anyone I don't know, it's potentially shot with a hidden camera at the press conference. I'd only share if it I wasn't suspicious.

I'll send it through now Esco.

EDIT: As for the Arkham forums, and having mods okay posts. That wouldn't be feasable, unless they employed more mods onto the forums. There's not always a mod about, as you can tell (Esco posting this and not the mods) and given the fact that I sent Shades a link to a leaked vid an hour or so ago and he hasn't read it yet.

dex3108
10-16-2011, 01:15 PM
arkhamcity.co.uk only have one administrator and two moderators http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dewgel
10-16-2011, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by woodexx:
arkhamcity.co.uk only have one administrator and two moderators http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

they must be quick on the ball then!

Btw dudes, the vid I mentioned before, apparently isn't leaked or bad. I've made a new topic about it.

taz838838
10-16-2011, 02:06 PM
This really should be stickied or just made official, coming towards release date it is important people are cautious.

rileypoole1234
10-16-2011, 02:14 PM
I feel like we're preparing for battle. This is cool.

EDIT: Esco I saw you on another thread say "If you can wait a week or so, I can officially tell you". So does this mean you have more info to share with us? Are you going to be writing another article or making another thread about it?

DarthEzio55
10-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Looks like this is my cue to keep away from here, see you guys Nov 15 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

RzaRecta357
10-16-2011, 05:17 PM
Yeah Kotaku totally spoiled a MAJOR part of Batman a few weeks ago. I'm careful now.

kriegerdesgottes
10-16-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Yeah Kotaku totally spoiled a MAJOR part of Batman a few weeks ago. I'm careful now.

Yeah but that ended up not even being true. They all wrote they saw a certain character die but...Well I saw the part they were talking about and then the part after that and well it's not quite as spoiled as we thought....However it is spoiler for me because I saw what happened on youtube :P. Luckily spoilers don't bother me too much.

AnthonyA85
10-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Well, since the PC release is only going to be 2 to 3 weeks after the console release, i probably won't go looking at walkthroughs on youtube, but i still won't be able to play the game until xmas day. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

THe only real reason i bothered watching walkthroughs on youtube for AC2 and ACB after the console release was because i was faced with a 6 month delay for the PC version, and i knew i couldn't keep myself in the dark that long, but this time, i should be able to manage it.

.....even though i am following 3 people on youtube who i KNOW will be doing commentaried walkthroughs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Jexx21
10-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Actually, I'm not even sure if the PC version is delayed. Everyone keeps saying November 15th, without saying December 2nd or something for the PC.

AnthonyA85
10-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Ubisoft confirmed it somewhere, but not quite sure where, ther eis a thread about it in the PC general discussion forum however, the link to the article is in there.

All game retail sites are just guessing right now.

Jexx21
10-17-2011, 10:15 AM
Well, I want the game now!

D:<
ANGRYFACE!

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 10:40 AM
The problem with Revelation's advertizing is taht all the different promotional versions of the game cause ads to be divided up between the signature edition and the european special editions. The thing is, the PC's version of the signature edition is the digital edition, and that's not part of the signature edition thing, so the ads for the north american version of the game only show console release dates at the end.

It's kinda annoying.