PDA

View Full Version : Some stuff to dwell on

stugumby
02-11-2006, 03:14 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

1. Like many of you i have a decent collection of squadron/osprey etc books running from years back, so the key question is: Can we trust our reference sources??
1. Italian aircraft of ww2, from way back in the 70's, stated the mc 200 wasnt used in africa but was sent to the russian front in mid winter with an open cockpit, ok sounds plausible but what about all the kills scored by the desert airforce?

2. Typhoon /tempest in action page 34 "Although the tempest, unlike the typhoon did not use rockets operationally during the war, the tempest MK V was tested and cleared to carry 8 rockets ..........yada yada yada. So I for one am happy to have rockets and a temnpest to fire them from. So perhaps a blip somewhere but oh well.

3. My macchi fighters are doing something weird with their tracers, the white smoke trail is ok, same as in gun camera footage but it seems i get pieces but no impact flashes like on other planes. Shot the stuffing out of a warhawk and it was unreal watching the smoke go over the wings and some bits and pieces.

4. The mosquito's windshield wiper, is there a key to set to move it, minor point, and well modelled indeed. fully understand no rockets as it is a 1942 version and rocket later in war on later marks.

5. Ju-88, ok read the read me and I still need some work on bombsights anyway so no complaints but i noticed if set to hit a particular vehicle on the ground they go dive bomber, if set to hit just town, middle of airfield they go level.. really cool but altitude dependent. No issues with the cockpit except i cant get over the feeling of being cramped up, just like the crew did.

Overall I am amazed and highly satisfied with the new patch. I hope i can contribute further to the community with missions and general subjects.

stugumby
02-11-2006, 03:14 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

1. Like many of you i have a decent collection of squadron/osprey etc books running from years back, so the key question is: Can we trust our reference sources??
1. Italian aircraft of ww2, from way back in the 70's, stated the mc 200 wasnt used in africa but was sent to the russian front in mid winter with an open cockpit, ok sounds plausible but what about all the kills scored by the desert airforce?

2. Typhoon /tempest in action page 34 "Although the tempest, unlike the typhoon did not use rockets operationally during the war, the tempest MK V was tested and cleared to carry 8 rockets ..........yada yada yada. So I for one am happy to have rockets and a temnpest to fire them from. So perhaps a blip somewhere but oh well.

3. My macchi fighters are doing something weird with their tracers, the white smoke trail is ok, same as in gun camera footage but it seems i get pieces but no impact flashes like on other planes. Shot the stuffing out of a warhawk and it was unreal watching the smoke go over the wings and some bits and pieces.

4. The mosquito's windshield wiper, is there a key to set to move it, minor point, and well modelled indeed. fully understand no rockets as it is a 1942 version and rocket later in war on later marks.

5. Ju-88, ok read the read me and I still need some work on bombsights anyway so no complaints but i noticed if set to hit a particular vehicle on the ground they go dive bomber, if set to hit just town, middle of airfield they go level.. really cool but altitude dependent. No issues with the cockpit except i cant get over the feeling of being cramped up, just like the crew did.

Overall I am amazed and highly satisfied with the new patch. I hope i can contribute further to the community with missions and general subjects.

stugumby
02-11-2006, 04:36 PM
heres the pictures from the macchi tracers tested this time in qmb against a li-2.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/stugumby/t4.jpg
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a66/stugumby/t2.jpg

6. the float/seaplanes still land with engines off, still the best money i ever spent and enjoying it tremendously.