PDA

View Full Version : Toe Brakes

249th_Maico
05-28-2005, 06:28 AM
This is something that may only affect 10% of us fliers. The ones with pedals that is. So if it is not modeled in the HOTAS section then I can't complain. However, I was wondering if there is a way to program the CH Pro Pedals with the brakes on both sides. Maybe by using the default command as a band? Then I could press left brakes and push left rudder as well as press right brakes and push right rudder to turn. This would feel a lot more natural than pressing only the left toe and turning right. Anyone have an Idea on this?

249th_Maico
05-28-2005, 06:28 AM
This is something that may only affect 10% of us fliers. The ones with pedals that is. So if it is not modeled in the HOTAS section then I can't complain. However, I was wondering if there is a way to program the CH Pro Pedals with the brakes on both sides. Maybe by using the default command as a band? Then I could press left brakes and push left rudder as well as press right brakes and push right rudder to turn. This would feel a lot more natural than pressing only the left toe and turning right. Anyone have an Idea on this?

TX-EcoDragon
05-28-2005, 11:21 PM
well, you can assign each toe brake to the "b" key int eh CH programming software I think, and then it will seem a bit like you have individual toe brakes for each side.

WhiskeyBravo
05-29-2005, 03:15 AM
I took the following from a post online somewhere but can't recall the author - full credit to whoever it was.

"Here is how I enabled brakes on both pedals:
In the main folder for FB there is subfolder called Users.
Inside the Users folder there should be a folder called doe and possibly other folders which represent the pilots that you have set up in game.
In my setup I normally use a pilot that I have created in game. I think the following instructions will apply to doe also.
Inside the pilot folder there is a settings.ini file. (Make a backup before changing anything!)This is where FB saves your keymapped settings that are set up for that pilot. Open this folder with notepad. Look at the following section:

[HotKey move]
AXE_RX JoystickDevice1=pitch
AXE_RY JoystickDevice1=flaps
AXE_U JoystickDevice1=-power
AXE_X JoystickDevice1=aileron
AXE_Y JoystickDevice0=brakes----COPY THIS LINE
AXE_Y JoystickDevice1=elevator
AXE_Z JoystickDevice0=rudder

[HotKey move]
AXE_Y JoystickDevice0=brakes---PASTE HERE
AXE_Y JoystickDevice0=brakes

[HotKey move]
AXE_X JoystickDevice0=brakes---CHANGE TO X
AXE_Y JoystickDevice0=brakes

Thats it! We have created an additional axis.
CAUTION: If you go back to the contols screen in game you will lose the additonal axis and you must add it back to the settings.ini file."

Hope it helps.

WB.

WhiskeyBravo
05-29-2005, 03:24 AM
Oops forgot to add that you need to ensure that you know the device ID to map the brakes to. In your case Maico you have a very similar setup to me so I would guess that your rudders will be device1. Just see what the rudder is set further down the list ie
AXE_Z JoystickDevice1=rudder
and this will tell you what device to assign the brakes to.

Hope I haven't confused the issue at all.

Good Luck,

WB.

249th_Maico
05-29-2005, 03:57 AM
Guys:
Thanks a lot! I hope this helps others as well. I will program the "B" to both pedals as it seems the easiest with the CH software. I may try the other as well. I consider it a last ditch effort to mess with the conf.ini file. Then again I can make a copy...

Good showing all

aonyn
05-30-2005, 02:16 AM
Here is a better way. Smooth Braking!!!

Using CH Control Manager, add this CMS Script
(BTW - I did not write this script, but found it in a forum. Don't remember who posted it unfortunately)
-----------------------------------------

%define leftBrake js3.a1 // Pro pedals
%define rightBrake js3.a2 // Pro pedals

%define brakeOut cms.a1

script
// Combines the toe brakes.
if ([leftBrake GT rightBrake]) then
brakeOut=leftBrake;
else
brakeOut=rightBrake;
endif
endScript

-----------------------------------

Note that you will have to change the axis definitions to match you hardware setup.
- Mine is set to Joystick ID3 (Axis 1 & 2)
- You must go to the Rudder Pedals Tab and
define the axis assignment of your toe
brakes to match your script
- Also must go to CMS Controls Tab and define
the a1 axis to match the axis you set in
the script

Hope this helps!
I also started with 'b' mapped to the axis,
and after getting this working, would never go back. Well worth the effort!