PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE HERE, need help....

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 07:06 PM
Hello all, first off let me say Ive been scanning the forums here and looks like a great group.. played IL2 FB for the first time last week and Im hooked...question is..

Ive been reading about final version.. when is it due out? Will I be able to buy it in the stores or is it DL only...

Im a little confused with all the patches and such, simply put.... where do I start? I tryed playing online but needed DOGFIGHT and CO-OP downloads, where may I find those? Sorry to sound like a dweeb, but want to take to the air asap.

Rum.

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 07:06 PM
Hello all, first off let me say Ive been scanning the forums here and looks like a great group.. played IL2 FB for the first time last week and Im hooked...question is..

Ive been reading about final version.. when is it due out? Will I be able to buy it in the stores or is it DL only...

Im a little confused with all the patches and such, simply put.... where do I start? I tryed playing online but needed DOGFIGHT and CO-OP downloads, where may I find those? Sorry to sound like a dweeb, but want to take to the air asap.

Rum.

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 07:25 PM
Current oficial version is 1.11 (~45MB or so) which you have to download from www.il2sturmovik.com (http://www.il2sturmovik.com).
Out of the box version is 1.0... when you install from CD.

In present there is 1.2beta around for testing which you dont need to download ..however most people on this forum did ..so mostly online you will find 1.2beta version of game which is incompatible with 1.11 so you cant join that servers runing game version 1.2.

Oficial 1.2 realese of patch will be soon, so I would recomend you waiting a litle bit more(like I do).

However there is on Hyper.Loby still servers that run 1.11
version of the game on which you could play if you downloaded 1.11 patch.

hope this help /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

K.

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 07:27 PM
All the answers to your questions are already in the posts through out this and the other forums. But since you are new, and coming in at a time of change, I'll give you the take how I see it.

There is going to be a free upgrade for FB. At this time, the final patch has not been released. What has been released to the public is the testing file also called a beta program, to integrate with FB on your computer. The experienced simmers are downloading this file and reporting any bugs or issues that they think should be addressed by Oleg Maddox & 1c before the final release of the patch.

Should you want to do this yourself, create a copy of FB and unzip the patches to it. That way, if something dosen't work out, you have the original folder.

If you don't feel comfortable doing this, you will have to wait on the final release. In between those times though, you will probably be restricted from playing online because most all servers will be running this beta program. There is one server that I have found that is still using 1.11 and that is GreaterGreen on HL.

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 08:10 PM
Thank you both.

Rum