PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions : )

Bolg1
10-24-2007, 11:30 AM
I just picked up IL-2 1946 and in retrospect, I probably should have waited until they had another copy of it in the store but I was impatient and wanted it immediately so I bought it.

Here's the 'problem'--the box was kind of mashed but still sealed and they checked it out at Circuit City and the disks looked O.K.

When I got home I had the feeling that maybe I was missing something, namely the book ! ( no problem, the PDF is fine ) But should there only be 2 disks ? Sorry if it sounds stupid but the game runs fine but I have a nagging feeling like I am missing something. Am I ?

The next issue is this--in the cockpit view, the crosshairs are half missing. I have the original IL-2 and from the CP view you can see the whole crosshair, but with 1946 only half are there, weird. It almost looks as if it is supposed to be that way so I am left again wondering about it. ( gunnery is set to realistic and I have not yet patched the game )

Many Thanks in advance http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Fireball_
10-24-2007, 11:34 AM
You got everything there. There isn't a hard copy manual, and there are only two disks. Actually the entire software is on disk one. The second disk is just "bonus" material, like videos, interviews, previews of BoB etc.

Don't know about the crosshairs though.

dbillo
10-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Bolg1:
The next issue is this--in the cockpit view, the crosshairs are half missing.
Shift+F1 to centre the gunsight in axis aircraft.

Bolg1
10-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks alot for the quick reply !!

I fly 95 % German stuff so that's what I am accustomed to. ( that may change with all these new choices http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif )

Bearcat99
10-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Welcome aboard... hit the Nugget's guide in my sig... and you might also want to take a look at the Essentials thread also in my sig...

Bring any questions that you may have here.. but the Nugget's guide should answer a lot of them before you ask them.

Bolg1
10-25-2007, 07:34 AM
^ ^ Thanks alot, I think I'll print that out and have a look at it over the morning coffee.