PDA

View Full Version : Will SH3 Be A Full Simulation?

mw2000
11-19-2004, 12:52 PM
I am a hardcore gamer and spend hours playing PC games. My favourite are simulations because they last longer and they have a better replayability value. Although I bought games like Doom 3 and Medal Of Honor after I complete them (generally after 2 or 5 days) I dont play them anymore. B17 Flying Fortress 2 and Silent Hunter 2 for instance I still play very often because of the bundled mission editors. When I have time I like to play a mission that takes 2 hours not like 5 minutes as in Battlefield 1942.

SH2 was'nt a full simulation because the custom mission editor placed your sub either in front or behind the enemy ships, just before contact. I felt this was more of an arcade than a simulation setting. I hope SH3 will include a free-rane mission editor where I can find the contact myself, leaving port. For example if I chose to hunt down the British Battlecruiser 'Renown' I would not want it to be either 10,000 meters behind or in front of me each time I start a game. I would like a mission editor similar to Operation Flashpoint where I can place enemy ships/Allied subs on the map myself and then play the game. What do you guys think? or do any of you know how the SH3 editor works. Thanks

Support the DEV TEAM BUY THE GAME!

mw2000
11-19-2004, 12:52 PM
I am a hardcore gamer and spend hours playing PC games. My favourite are simulations because they last longer and they have a better replayability value. Although I bought games like Doom 3 and Medal Of Honor after I complete them (generally after 2 or 5 days) I dont play them anymore. B17 Flying Fortress 2 and Silent Hunter 2 for instance I still play very often because of the bundled mission editors. When I have time I like to play a mission that takes 2 hours not like 5 minutes as in Battlefield 1942.

SH2 was'nt a full simulation because the custom mission editor placed your sub either in front or behind the enemy ships, just before contact. I felt this was more of an arcade than a simulation setting. I hope SH3 will include a free-rane mission editor where I can find the contact myself, leaving port. For example if I chose to hunt down the British Battlecruiser 'Renown' I would not want it to be either 10,000 meters behind or in front of me each time I start a game. I would like a mission editor similar to Operation Flashpoint where I can place enemy ships/Allied subs on the map myself and then play the game. What do you guys think? or do any of you know how the SH3 editor works. Thanks

Support the DEV TEAM BUY THE GAME!

Messervy
11-19-2004, 01:03 PM
One thing is certain:
NOT LIKE THE SH ll http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Erich Hartmann
11-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Read the last question posted by the devs. I assume the editor they are refearing is the full mission editor. Anyway they say you are going to be able to do that.