PDA

View Full Version : PC Users Petition.

VegasInRuins
05-06-2010, 03:45 AM
Alright, the consolers get all attention, I don't mind that, but at least give some to this game you just (Horribly) Ported to the PC, without optimizing it.
Why do we need to spend $60, when you needed less to even port it?
So I made an petition, when this list is going to get long enough, I'll send it to Ubi, and they won't be able to ignore it.
Reply with your name, for example.
[Mike] I approve.
[Susan] I approve.

[VegasInRuins] I approve.
[Austin] I approve.
[Stz0r] I approve.
[kev1703] I approve.
[thales.100] I aprove.
[GHKstra] I approve.
[Nepharis] I approve.
[anttonoo] I approve.
[temetys1] I approve.
[x-sago-x] I approve.

guidogast16
05-06-2010, 03:58 AM
[guidogast16] I Approve

They have released a BETA instead of a retail product. At lest give us PC gamers some patches

Ashrien
05-06-2010, 04:00 AM
[Austin] I approve.

Xk.
05-06-2010, 04:01 AM
I APPROVE.

I can't even play multiplayer anymore, I got this purely to play with a mate and yay.. Every 5mins I get the "re-establish" message that never actually does re-establish.

We were boarderline about to get the skidrow crack but in fear of being banned..

Seriously ubi -

I can't even invert my mouse, it'll just go back to default when I hit the menu again

kev1703
05-06-2010, 04:13 AM
[kev1703] I approve.

nelatar
05-06-2010, 04:59 AM
Sorry but this wont change anything.If they want to fix game they will fix it.If they dont... well then they wont even bother reading some petition.But i can already tell you , if they leave the game in such horrible condition I will never buy ubisoft game ever again.

thales.100
05-06-2010, 05:02 AM
[thales.100] I aprove, please UBI release a patch.

GHkstra
05-06-2010, 05:05 AM
[I approve]
I can't even play the game yet.
I have to wait for my brother (he bought it) to finish SP.
Because you can't use 2 accounts or savegames I would have to buy another copy.
What if I buy a new copy, use the serial and return it to the store?
If the serial isn't linked to the disc, that would be possible right?
Anyway I think developers don't care about gamers any more.
All they want is money.

BestKindOfKiwi
05-06-2010, 06:32 AM
I APROVE!

yesterday all my saves and equipment upgrades went to hell for unknown reason (i made a thread about it) but somehow my game stats are up on splintercell.com/match .... which i find rediculous... we need a patch (right mouse button bug is annoying as well as the broken matchmaking)... so yeah again I APROVE!

anttonoo
05-06-2010, 06:36 AM
[anttonoo] I approve.

temetys1
05-06-2010, 07:06 AM
[temetys1] I approve.

Ubi really should fix that matchmaking!!

x-sago-x
05-06-2010, 07:15 AM
[x-sago-x] I approve

fix the crappy frame rate!!!

VegasInRuins
05-06-2010, 07:43 AM
Thanks guys.
The list is going good.

Compassghost
05-06-2010, 07:48 AM
? The game is selling for $50 at Best Buy? Did I miss a memo?

bwang12
05-06-2010, 08:08 AM
[bwang12] I approve

kenjigreat
05-06-2010, 08:09 AM
[KenjiGreat] I Approve for PC PATCH Fixing ONLINE

UPlayer_99
05-06-2010, 08:17 AM
[UPlayer_99] I approve.

A forecast: This list will never grow long enough and Ubisoft will ignore it anyway.

But they should at least fix the online & matchmaking system. They cannot ignore that most of their pc customers cannot play online. Or can they? Mhm...I bet they can. -.-

SincLairRus
05-06-2010, 09:23 AM
[SincLairRus] I approve

Valroth1989
05-06-2010, 09:31 AM
[Valroth1989] I approve.

DragonnDal
05-06-2010, 10:14 AM
[SCE_Dalmantus]I APPROVE

Still can't play,Patch is out will try it tonight.
This gone on long enough,Releasing products that are not playable or even working and still expect us to pay for the product without warning what state the game is really in.Anything possible
if you speak loud enough..things will eventually change .

Club-On
05-06-2010, 10:43 AM
[Club-On] I Approve

1.02 just install and crossfire still not support by the game.... I don't know how the hell they can say this patch "Added multi-GPU support (Crossfire/SLI)"

THEY <span class="ev_code_RED">****bypass the forum word filter one more time and you'll lose your posting rights***</span> LIE OVER ALL !!!!

Dread_stunlock
05-15-2010, 02:46 PM
[Dreadstunlock] I approve.
---Major Fan of SC, Always will be.

Duece234
05-15-2010, 04:02 PM
[Duece234]approve

i really think that the next update should be all optimization, i mean I can run another game I have well on at least what ever custom settings if not high settings, but this game seems to not like running all that well, i'm constantly changing my settings because of the not to well done optimization.

LuxDragon
05-15-2010, 04:06 PM
[LuxDragon] I approve

snake-fisher
05-15-2010, 04:48 PM
[Trayan] I approve!

Xessive
05-15-2010, 05:14 PM
[Xessive] I approve.

EliteForceGames
05-15-2010, 06:09 PM
to the phrase: "Petitions don't work"...

[Limerick] I approve.

leonhang
05-15-2010, 09:31 PM
[leonhang] I approve

I am disappointed that my PC is unable to run this game smoothly as my PC system is more than the Recommended Requirements.

To Ubisoft, please release more PC patches until you actually fixed the game in terms of performances and gameplays.

HaraNaito
05-16-2010, 12:15 AM
I approve.
The weird, random freeze at Kobin's Mansion needs to stop NOW! Give high-end PC gamers the quality we deserve!

Rionu
05-16-2010, 07:07 AM
Approved.

Ghost_LeaderBG
05-16-2010, 07:38 AM
[TMW92] I approve.

braiog
05-16-2010, 07:44 AM
Hey guys, I just want to chime in for a second.

This is perfectly in line with Ubi's respect for PC gamers.

The game came out for console first and foremost. You were provided absolutely no media from PC versions because it pretty much wasn't developed. They then spent the time between console and PC release to straight port it over to the PC.

The mentality behind this is to increase their sales, and that is why the price was increased to $60, because they knew some people would pay that, and they already minimized their expenses in the port by making it as quick and low quality as possible.

To add to this, there will not be any post-sales support (if there is, it will not address any major issues the community has beef with). This too will help expand sales and decrease expenses with the product.

Personally, I'll pick up the game when it's $15. Many veterans who've been with Ubisoft and play on PCs saw this coming. You're the minority when it comes to sales, and despite what the PR department tells you, you have to just see this for what it is; you were treated like second-class gamers.

Ubisoft will make great products, but they will just be for consoles. Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, GRAW; all these were great games in their time, but now, when it comes to PC versions, you can expect Ubi to do as little as possible for you and to do whatever it takes to maximize the profit they can make from you, despite what they tell you.

Don't take offense to this; Ubisoft is a great developer, but only if you're a console owner. PC gamers need to come to terms with the fact that this is how Ubi does business with PC gamers now.

Ghost_LeaderBG
05-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by braiog:
Hey guys, I just want to chime in for a second.

This is perfectly in line with Ubi's respect for PC gamers.

The game came out for console first and foremost. You were provided absolutely no media from PC versions because it pretty much wasn't developed. They then spent the time between console and PC release to straight port it over to the PC.

The mentality behind this is to increase their sales, and that is why the price was increased to $60, because they knew some people would pay that, and they already minimized their expenses in the port by making it as quick and low quality as possible.

To add to this, there will not be any post-sales support (if there is, it will not address any major issues the community has beef with). This too will help expand sales and decrease expenses with the product.

Personally, I'll pick up the game when it's $15. Many veterans who've been with Ubisoft and play on PCs saw this coming. You're the minority when it comes to sales, and despite what the PR department tells you, you have to just see this for what it is; you were treated like second-class gamers.

Ubisoft will make great products, but they will just be for consoles. Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, Prince of Persia, Assassin's Creed, GRAW; all these were great games in their time, but now, when it comes to PC versions, you can expect Ubi to do as little as possible for you and to do whatever it takes to maximize the profit they can make from you, despite what they tell you.

Don't take offense to this; Ubisoft is a great developer, but only if you're a console owner. PC gamers need to come to terms with the fact that this is how Ubi does business with PC gamers now.
This is sadly,but true. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif There are only few companies that still support the PC gamins.But all big companies like EA,Ubisoft,Activision just don't respect the PC gamers - we are getting overpriced games and DLC,there are lots of bugs that aren't fixed,almost no patch support,delays,lack of optimisation for the games etc.

batman2050
05-16-2010, 10:10 AM
I approve
do you belive guys that i got the game from a week ago , and can`t play it at all tell now , even i can`t register my cd key code to ubisoft , everytime it tells me that connection has failed ,i don`t have proxy and don`t use it , i always use LAN , and i have 4 MB connection speed , so what the hell im doing wrong ??!!! of course u gonna tell me send a feedback to ubi customer support , and of course ... hell ... i did send them from 6 days ago and nobody replay me about what to do , i have never played a game in my life that requires me to be online , even i want only to play single player , and i paid $60 for a ghost game , got it , never play it , just try it , i really have a dought that i can buy from ubisoft again if the problem never been fixed , ubi you dissapointed me enough .

Evilmogg
05-16-2010, 10:27 AM
[Evilmogg] I approve.

NuiS4ncE
05-16-2010, 10:53 AM
[NuiS4ncE] I approve.

I can't play the game for more than 5 minutes or so, because my video card stops responding! Apparently some graphic bug since other people have it too. There's no problem with other games.. GTA IV, COD: MW2, Fear 2 and Mass Effect 2 work just fine. I do remember back when I bought Rainbow Six: Vegas and Vegas 2 that Ubi didn't support the PC versions since they were crappy console ports.

Playing Splinter Cell-series has been kind of a fun "tradition" for me, but guess I'll start using the Ubisoft-line too: I'm saving my money from the horrendous and crappy "hey-it's-ubi-porting-another-game-for-PC-and-totally-urinating-on-it-and-making-it-something-that-you-can-burn-in-the-fireplace-at-winter"-games.

braiog
05-16-2010, 11:26 AM
I would not be surprised if Ubisoft announce Splinter Cell 6 to be XB360 only. Right now I'd have it no other way.

But if Ubi is really adamant on making money off the PC, respecting it or not, they could probably outsource a good PC developer to create a standalone Spies vs. Mercs multiplayer mode.

Look at the over-the-top success Valve has had with TF2, a MP-only game that they release periodic updates on. It leaves the community ravenous and anxious for future updates.

I just advise Ubisoft to not take such a task under their own wing, as they have repeatedly shown that they will not put the time nor effort into making a respectable PC title. License it to a 3rd party, and control the publishing rights to make your money.

It would also reduce expenses when you make SC6, since you don't have to worry about this porting business (unless you think enough people will have forgotten SC5 for PC and fall for a poor port again)

Just my $0.02.

SteroidFreud
05-16-2010, 03:32 PM
[SteroidFreud] I Approve

Rams_
05-16-2010, 09:45 PM
[Rams_] I Approve

phillofdfuture
05-17-2010, 01:53 AM
I approve

we need in game voice chat or atleast txt!??!?!

General_Fritzl
05-17-2010, 02:26 AM
I agree. I'm think I'm going to fire up Raven Shield again to remind me why I even buy ubisoft games these days. Also, anyone notice how ubi went from starforce protection etc, then ditched ALL protection for HAWX, Endwar, prince of persia, and now back to faulty DRMs again? Just when there was a glimmer of hope...

uNCLEsAM098
05-17-2010, 09:50 PM
[uNCLEsAM098] I approve.

Getting tired of how little they care about their PC gamers. I still can't play this game... and I have a top-end gamers PC. The visual lag is horrible... I've ran on both high-end and low end settings. It runs exactly the same, the only difference being the visuals.

I've even swapped out my Radeon card for a GeForce 8800. No difference.

I seriously want my money back, and this account canceled.

HanzWolfgen
05-17-2010, 10:21 PM
[HanzWolfgen] I aprove

mccream
05-18-2010, 12:32 PM
[mccream] I APPROVE

AS I FEARED UBISOFT - VERY BAD REVIEWS FROM USERS AND PC GAMER. PC GAMER GIVES CONVICTION A 6.5. SHAME ON YOU FOR DESTROYING THE BEST GAME SERIES EVER PRODUCED(MY OPINION). YOUR LACK LUSTER CONCERN FOR THE PC GAMING COMMUNITY IS ALSO EVIDENT IN THE RAINBOW SIX SERIES AS WELL. THERE IS HOPE YOU CAN REDEEM YOURSELVES WITH THE NEXT GHOST RECON BUT AS FOR NOW I WILL NO LONGER SPEND MONEY BUYING YOUR GAMES. MAY YOU DIE A SWIFT AND SPEEDY DEATH.

Jorisjuh
05-18-2010, 01:45 PM
[Joris] I approve

jakal66
05-18-2010, 06:17 PM
I 100% APROVE!!!!!

The fps performance with top of the line pcs is this game is just TRAGIC, it is by far one of the worst optimized gemaes EVER. I say: UBI,fix this half assed unpolished piece of turd. We PC players deserve the same or better performance than consoles given our hardware.Any other way is just pathetic

AdarB
05-18-2010, 07:01 PM
I approve..

Roengrin
05-19-2010, 07:49 AM
[Roengrin] I approve.

How lagging, I thought my spec can play in normal setting and co-op play my friend told that he is waiting for 30 mins

DfGFighter
05-19-2010, 08:17 AM
[DfGFighter]I approve

The Game could be great, but this way no one can enjoy the multiplayer

GermanJoe
05-19-2010, 12:42 PM
[GermanJoe] I approve.

Troubles with flickering menu's since day one - still after ATI driver Hotfix and Driver AI modification. X-Box Controller still not mapped right.

Great game but bad execution ...

urgurlgamer87
05-24-2010, 06:59 PM
[urgurlgamer87] I Approve

marcelbrkl2188
05-24-2010, 07:10 PM
wtf i payed 60 for a game that doesnt even work online what kind of peace of bs is this Ubi fix it!!!!

[marcelbrkl2188] I Approve

ban4na
05-25-2010, 03:05 PM
I approve

cokepacman
05-25-2010, 08:21 PM
[cokepacman] I approve.

I want to play multiplayer but the connections just suck... I always get some desynced thing

Jeanmf
05-26-2010, 09:28 AM
[Jeanmf] I approve.

Impossible to play with de mouse/keyboard!!!

brazuca2008
05-26-2010, 11:30 AM
I brazuca2008 approve.
And another splinter cell is being made. Well... Not a chance in hell I'm in for this ride now. You know I've been with SC since first one on pc. But after Double Agent and Conviction I can't do it anymore. Ubisoft does not know how to do a pc game.

ParrotFace
05-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Being a game developer in this modern age I would have thought they understood that a game needs to run at least 60 fps, v-sync was invented for a reason. Lazy lag compensation fail. Even css 1.6 can do it.
[ParrotFace] I Approve

pietrop2006
05-28-2010, 12:34 PM
[pietrop2006]I approve!

WarmanScrunt
05-28-2010, 12:44 PM
I APPROVE

finally beat this laggy bug ridden game, and i CAN'T CONNECT ONLINE, EVER

servers are down, try again later, ok so it's been WEEKS, FIX THE SERVER ALREADY

on a side note, are there any mods for Chaos Theory? you know, the only GOOD splinter cell game on the pc?

XJ55
05-28-2010, 01:26 PM
[XJ55]I approve

I can't play multiplayer! The server are down since I bought the game!

TripSin.
05-28-2010, 03:16 PM
I agree. But I've played Ubisoft PC games long enough to know that they don't give a ****. One of the worst PC games developers, but at least they make PC games ;_;

r00dss
05-29-2010, 07:04 PM
(r00dss) i aprove
please fix perforance and coop issues

Loucmachine.Joe
05-30-2010, 01:13 PM
(Loucmachine2) I Approve

THEY NEED TO DO SOMETHING WITH THE FPS CAP IN MULTIPLAYER MODE!!!

Its UE3 right??? so why the hell they need this to sync people??? and why in coop you need to be perfectly synced???

anyway I read people that says in versus sometime its soo laggy that you can shoot your oppenent and it does nothing... he just turn around slowly and kill you.....

I Dont know i played versus only one time and my FPS was dropping to 10-8 because of the oppenent....soo it was just unplayable.

popgoestheneck
05-30-2010, 04:38 PM
ubisoft are greedy they shut down the RSV2 online servers off PS3 after a month and now u can only play RSV2 story mode ON YOUR OWN why are u guys still buying ubisoft games they made a couple good games in the beginning to reel in customers and then bumped up prices and with a few good trailers everyone bought it

bontakun_azn
05-30-2010, 06:02 PM
[Bontakun_azn] I approve

lemon_pips
05-31-2010, 10:49 PM
[lemonpips] I approve

MulleDK19
06-03-2010, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by loucmachine2:
Its UE3 right???

No. It's LEAD. A heavily modified version of UE 2.5.

Loucmachine.Joe
06-03-2010, 04:10 AM
wtf????

ookkk....can explain things....but

WHY???????
Do ubi have an obligation to ruin things that have some potantial???

and its a little bit out of the subject but, I tried EndWar......and......I cannot find an emoticon that puke........I know its ubi shangai but same ****....why do they always put a cap for the FPS?????? its blocked permanantly at 30 FPS.....I m really happy that i didnt buy it...

MC Davies 2K9
06-03-2010, 01:58 PM
(WelshLad2009) I agree

lazy1337genius
06-03-2010, 08:07 PM
[lazy1337genius] I approve

Either give us coop or give us our money back, I can barely even comprehend the poor quality of a port to the PC. The PC! VIDEO GAMES ARE MADE ON THE PC!

Ubisoft, I love you guys, you guys make INCREDIBLE games but I mean this is below you. Please just fix this game.

Clever_Hans
06-04-2010, 06:50 PM
[Clever_Hans] I approve. Please fix the mouse control/remove the mouse smoothing.

The primary reason I bought this for the PC is to use mouse + keyboard, but the port is quite poor in this regard.

qui-chang
08-07-2010, 12:12 PM
[Yes] I Approve [qui]

qui-chang
08-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Equip/Unequip scope.

More MP maps. And easer searching for MP games.

Finding MP game is a huge pain in the ***.

Add the night vishion.

Add more weapons.

Thxs.

Skin.Job
08-07-2010, 03:15 PM
[belevezero] I approve.
I don't see what good it will do, they already have my money, and it's clear that profit is their only concern when it comes to "PC Games", or ports for that matter. The only thing I can do is refrain from purchasing any more games for PC that have the UBISOFT logo on it; and that wont do much good either. They will still make a profit on a poorly ported Ghost Recon Future Soldier, and most of you will still buy it. They win, we loose either way. If you like UBISOFT games, get an Xbox.

Chrispiest
08-07-2010, 07:12 PM
[Chrispiest] I agree

Jacco-NL
08-09-2010, 11:45 AM
[Jacco-NL] I definiatly approve!

SCCUser1978
08-09-2010, 01:53 PM
[SCCUser1978]I Approve

Please relese a patch.

GotenWasTaken
08-09-2010, 02:10 PM
[kaguyaitachi] I approve.

pawnpace
08-10-2010, 07:15 PM
[Bobby] I approve!

havecold
08-10-2010, 09:45 PM
I approve.

RoboQ
08-11-2010, 07:13 AM
[RoboQ] I approve

This is the worst game I had ever played! I just can't finish the single player because it crashes to windows desktop randomly. It's hard to connect to the game server, and the multiplayer game play just like a slow motion movie! Forget it, I have uninstalled this evil. Ubisoft, please give us a real game or I think many people will not buy Ubisoft games anymore!

Padfoot73511
08-17-2010, 07:41 AM
[Padfoot73511] I approve. Give me the option of split-screen multiplayer.

pietrop2006
08-17-2010, 09:18 AM
I APPROVE!
WE WANT PLAY TO SPLINTER CELL CONVICTION'S MULTIPLAYER!

Vexed11
08-17-2010, 10:05 AM
[Vexed11] I Approve

AlienwareAR
08-17-2010, 10:35 AM
[Alberto] I Approve.

AlienwareAR
08-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Hello everybody.

I'm an italian customer. Let me explain my situation. I've the following notebook:

Alienware M17x R2
Intel Core i7 920 XM @ 2.0GHz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
8GB RAM
Dual ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4870 1GB CrossfireX

And this game has always crash in single player mode..!!!
In my opinion, it's absolutely unaccettable.

And then, I surely Approve.

AlienwareAR

hubbardt
08-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Trying to connect to the Master Server is so buggy it makes any kind of online co-op play a horrible experience. Usually takes me about 15 minutes to successfully log in and connect to the Master Server

I approve

Agent.Ruse
08-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Padfoot73511:
[Padfoot73511] I approve. Give me the option of split-screen multiplayer.

Buy an xBox.

MasterBedroom
08-19-2010, 04:52 AM
[jwl] I approve.

MarkSSinner
08-19-2010, 08:16 AM
[MarkSSinner] I approve.

we want our game back

strelok0017
08-19-2010, 10:13 AM
[strelok0017] I approve.

michaelanjello
08-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by VegasInRuins:
Alright, the consolers get all attention, I don't mind that, but at least give some to this game you just (Horribly) Ported to the PC, without optimizing it.
Why do we need to spend $60, when you needed less to even port it?
So I made an petition, when this list is going to get long enough, I'll send it to Ubi, and they won't be able to ignore it.
Reply with your name, for example.
[Mike] I approve.
[Susan] I approve.

[VegasInRuins] I approve.
[Austin] I approve.
[Stz0r] I approve.
[kev1703] I approve.
[thales.100] I aprove.
[GHKstra] I approve.
[Nepharis] I approve.
[anttonoo] I approve.
[temetys1] I approve.