PDA

View Full Version : Killing the Merchant King - Spoilers

Sidney1932
11-18-2007, 07:36 PM
OK, I'm just curious, since I can't replay this, how others offed this fat cat. I'm cruious how others handled this differently - and hopefully better- than I did.

Here's mine:

During my investigation they mentioned the fountain was climbale. Once the cut scene ended I scaled the fountain and headed across the beams to the balcony. Thought I went pretty fast but tubby just took off out the back door and I had to chase him down through the streets for the kill. Didn't seem very "Blade from the Crowd" of me so I'm sure there is a better way.

How'd y'all manage it?

King_Pezra
11-18-2007, 08:09 PM
By the Merchant King do you mean the very first assassination target in Damascus?

tandar17
11-18-2007, 08:11 PM
I did it pretty much the same way as you did, although i looked around briefly for another way up before deciding that the fountain was the easiest

Teenmoneymaker
11-18-2007, 08:12 PM
All I did was after the cut scene I ran to the left and climebed up the wall took out the archer, dropped behind the fatty and he turned around and I stabbed him. Very cool.

Sidney1932
11-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by King_Pezra:
By the Merchant King do you mean the very first assassination target in Damascus?

The second, the one who poisons his party.

SoularPower
11-18-2007, 09:43 PM
I had to chase him through the streets. I think eventually vigilantes grabbed him and i hidden bladed him.

I might be thinking of Talal though.

robatubisoft
11-19-2007, 12:32 AM
It's designed so that you have to chase him. There is not any other way of doing it.

DKAnarki
11-19-2007, 03:51 AM
IF its the guy poisoning his guests, then i went up where the guards were shooting with bows.

Assassinated all of them, then went around the target and climbed all the way back. Now at the roof overlooking the target i jumped down and timed a 1 hit kill.

Steelhandchun
11-19-2007, 04:46 AM
What I did was climb the fountain, jump on the beam, run to the balcony, killed the two guards, chsed him out the palace, then leaping killed him in the street. I liked this kill as the guy was running into everything, tripping up, when he looks back at you screaming HELP ME.

Paganmoon
11-19-2007, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by robatubisoft:
It's designed so that you have to chase him. There is not any other way of doing it.

Incorrect, he can be killed on the balcony. After his speech while standing with the crowed, run left (facing the merchant king), and climb up the gazebo, kill the guard, climb up to the viewpoint you scaled earlier, but go back towards the direction of the courtyard, and viola, you're above and behind the merchant king, drop down and kill him off with the hidden blade.

Unless you mean Talal, but he's not the merchant king, nor the fourth assassination, so http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fastr77
11-19-2007, 07:46 AM
aw thats what the attachment was TRYING to show.. I didn't realize i had to climb up 2 stories or more, bah.

But yeah, I chased him outta the place and gutted him around the corner, he didn't make it far. I actually liked chasing him down then jumping and stabbing him.. it was pretty cool.

ThePheonix1030
11-19-2007, 07:57 AM
This guy was easy. After he ran away a little bit, he suddenly stopped. He looked right at me and didn't even move when I was running towards him. Jump-assassinated him http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif