PDA

View Full Version : What i want to see in a movie...

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 12:14 AM
...is a bunch of nice plane crahes. I mean, in an Il 2 movie, that you can make w/ fraps or something, show a bunch of fighter or bomber crash landings that you think are lucky. Hey, one time, I saw a 262 that had one engine shot off, and the other smoking badly. It managed to crash land, but in the event of doing so, it lost it's last engine and one wing, and it's tail. It was awesome! I'd like to see some fighter with some wing or taill missing, flown by you guys, to make it safely to the ground. No landing gear, plz /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif !

----------------------------------------
"When you hit hell, tell 'em I sent ya!"

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 12:14 AM
...is a bunch of nice plane crahes. I mean, in an Il 2 movie, that you can make w/ fraps or something, show a bunch of fighter or bomber crash landings that you think are lucky. Hey, one time, I saw a 262 that had one engine shot off, and the other smoking badly. It managed to crash land, but in the event of doing so, it lost it's last engine and one wing, and it's tail. It was awesome! I'd like to see some fighter with some wing or taill missing, flown by you guys, to make it safely to the ground. No landing gear, plz /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif !

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 12:30 AM
Why don't you make your own? You obviously know about FRAPS so what's stopping you?

---------------------------------------
http://www.world-data-systems.com/aerofiles/albums/userpics/109K.jpg

I STILL love my 109!

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Good question.

1) I have no clue how to use FRAPS, so I'm a bit of a n00b with it.
2) I have two gaming computers. One's a bit weaker than the other. Unfortunately, the stronger comp, the one with IL-2 on it, broke down, so i have to get a new motherboard. The only thing i have on this weak comp is about 1GB of space and a stupid gamepad to fly with.

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 05:41 PM
Get Fraps from www.fraps.com.. (http://www.fraps.com..).
They have the earlier free version for download on their site (Fraps19D) which works a treat. It won't record sound, but that's not a problem when you can edit your movie and add your own music and effects later.
Record your track of an online game or single player mission, and when you are ready to play it back and record it with fraps, you need to set IL2/FB to a resolution of 640x480 which is what the AVI is recorded in. Reducing the resolution gives you a better capture rate. It might not look to good when recording but the resulting AVI file will be pretty good at 640x480 when considering that most movie files have a much smaller resolution than this anyway.
You will also need to install Fraps on a large partition with lots of space and little or no fragmentation. The video that it records is stored in the program installation folder. The AVI i think is captured RAW because the file sizes are absolutley huge. I recorded a sequence this morning that was 1 minute 17 seconds. The AVI filesize was 876MB!
When you playback the recorded AVI it may be a little jerky. That's because there's a lot of uncompressed video to track through on the hard drive and Media Player can't quite keep up. When edited and recompressed with Premier or Media Studio, in Divx, MPEG etc., the finished article plays back nicely.
I have a 1.3Ghz Athlon with 768MB and a GeForce 4 Ti4200. When capturing the video with Fraps my framerate takes a bit of a hit, but my edited and recompressed video plays back at full 25fps (captured at 25fps with fraps), and looks as good as what I can output through my GeForce card to TV.
As long as you reduce your resolution for recording I think most systems today will record nicely. Handy if you don't want to bother with TV out and want to capture to AVI quickly...

XyZspineZyX
08-04-2003, 03:15 AM
Bump.?

XyZspineZyX
08-05-2003, 12:26 AM
Bump once more...