PDA

View Full Version : Non-mission Screenshots

Saunders1953
02-23-2005, 11:37 AM
This is probably a dumb question for you techies, but is it possible to take a screenshot of a non-game screen, or even an in-game screen but not while in a mission? I swear I've done this at work before, by using the CTRL or ALT key with the PRNTSCREEN key--but that doesn't seem to work. A Windows search for "Screenshots" came up blank.
I want to take screenshots of the maps while in FMB for later reference and planning missions.

Thanks!

the_soupdragon
02-23-2005, 11:46 AM
If you have a paint package like Paintshop you can go into the FMB and take screens of it then ALT TAB out of PF into your paint package and paste them in. Works a treat, I do it all the time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SD

nickdanger3
02-23-2005, 11:51 AM
I think the default name is "grab0000x.tga" and they are usually put in the path where IL2/FB/PF is.

EJGrOst_Caspar
02-23-2005, 12:19 PM
I guess, what he means is simply making screenshots from everything on the monitor...

Just press the [print] - key on your keyboard, then open an grafic viewer/editor and paste (ctrl]+[v].

In IL-2 the button for 'grab000X.tga' screenshots is also the [Print] key by default. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Saunders1953
02-23-2005, 12:32 PM
Lol, been using the printscreen for in-game shots for 3 years now. It was the shot of the monitor screen I was going for.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Just press the [print] - key on your keyboard, then open an grafic viewer/editor and paste (ctrl]+[v]. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah, that's what I was thinking. Thanks fellas.

P.S. Thanks for the tip, Soupdragon.

Sockeye45
02-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Do a search on Google for "FSScreen"... that might be something you could be interested in. It cuts out the need to open up an editing program for your screenies

Saunders1953
02-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Thanks Sockeye--Did that. Looks good.