PDA

View Full Version : PREPS; mad track in FB?

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 08:49 PM
Hi all,

I just got a wierd ordeal with tracks recording!

I m actually playing a campaign offline with the dora45 Berlin map.

on a mission, you got to intercept some la5 and yaks3 heading to Berlin. we spoted them, dove on them( me and squadmates) and got a head on pass with the la's result, no casualties (both sides) then we start chasing them and I down one of them but thats when the yaks get there and we start fighting them and I got 2 more victories.

After 10min of nice fight I send my sqad home and land in the field, park the craft and shut down the engine.

on the debrief board, I save the track cause, a bit proud of myself, I want to look at that fight again.

saving track gets my computer busy for 40 sec some like so I walk away and get back after 20 secs and see that it s saved already
A bit surprised I start waching and
IN THE TRACK, ON FIRST HEAD ON PASS, I GET SHOT DOWN!!!

wtf?

why does that track recording give me another scenario
I m just pi**ed cause it was a nice figth

but anyway, in the campaign, I m now on the next mission and my 3 kills have been added to my kill board

wierd isntit?

DID THAT HAPENED TO ANYONE?

regards

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 08:49 PM
Hi all,

I just got a wierd ordeal with tracks recording!

I m actually playing a campaign offline with the dora45 Berlin map.

on a mission, you got to intercept some la5 and yaks3 heading to Berlin. we spoted them, dove on them( me and squadmates) and got a head on pass with the la's result, no casualties (both sides) then we start chasing them and I down one of them but thats when the yaks get there and we start fighting them and I got 2 more victories.

After 10min of nice fight I send my sqad home and land in the field, park the craft and shut down the engine.

on the debrief board, I save the track cause, a bit proud of myself, I want to look at that fight again.

saving track gets my computer busy for 40 sec some like so I walk away and get back after 20 secs and see that it s saved already
A bit surprised I start waching and
IN THE TRACK, ON FIRST HEAD ON PASS, I GET SHOT DOWN!!!

wtf?

why does that track recording give me another scenario
I m just pi**ed cause it was a nice figth

but anyway, in the campaign, I m now on the next mission and my 3 kills have been added to my kill board

wierd isntit?

DID THAT HAPENED TO ANYONE?

regards

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 09:18 PM
It happens always, in IL-2 and FB.

The track doesn't record the events, but rather records control inputs. This means that variations in events caused by incorrect recording (usually due to CPU load or time compression) will result in a different playback.

I find that the multiplayer track recording function (ntrk) is less prone to error, and you don't have to wait for it to save at the end.

<div align=center>http://www.members.shaw.ca/fennec/plane.jpg </div><font size=-9>

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 09:22 PM
what do you mean by cpu load or time compress?

I m playing traks with 8*faster than normal before i get to the fight then resume to normal.
do you think that could lead to that?

thanks anyway
regards

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 10:24 PM
If you use time compression when a lot of action is going on, your computer struggles to keep up because all the calculations (AI decisions, FM calculations, bullet trajectories) has to be computed at a much faster rate. This burden on your CPU can cause incorrect control inputs to be recorded and some control inputs might even be skipped. Therefore when you playback the track you see things that you never did. I don't think you even have to have time compression on to cause these errors. A mission with tons of planes and flak on a slow PC may cause these errors also. If your framerate is nice and smooth throughout the mission, your track should be fine. Although I may be wrong.

http://www.animatedgif.net/funny/chickenexplode_e0.gif