PDA

View Full Version : I have a bad feeling about the FLYABLE Mosquito and JU-88...

waffen-79
09-19-2005, 02:00 AM
The mini ADDON/PATCH 4.02 it's soon to be released. (two weeks be sure!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

But I guess that the other flyable modeled planes are going to be released thru a PAY ADDON.

I went to Texas(USA) just to buy FB back then, and didn't find any copy of AEP and have to order it on eBay. PAY ADDON would be a problem for me IF they don't sell it via Download like PF.

Wouldn't you wish that 1C:Maddox be more open to discuss their plans regarding Distribution?

Don't get me wrong, If I have to pay(buy the addon) to stay current with the others and continue playing online this sim I WILL, but I wish Oleg write on these Forums specifying if they will sell it or if it's going to be free.

Like i.e:

Oleg: Guys the new planes are going to be released January 2006 for free!!!

or

Oleg: Guys a New Expansion pack will be released December 2005 containing the Flyable Mosquito, etc...

not a rant or whine

Cheers

waffen-79
09-19-2005, 02:00 AM
The mini ADDON/PATCH 4.02 it's soon to be released. (two weeks be sure!http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

But I guess that the other flyable modeled planes are going to be released thru a PAY ADDON.

I went to Texas(USA) just to buy FB back then, and didn't find any copy of AEP and have to order it on eBay. PAY ADDON would be a problem for me IF they don't sell it via Download like PF.

Wouldn't you wish that 1C:Maddox be more open to discuss their plans regarding Distribution?

Don't get me wrong, If I have to pay(buy the addon) to stay current with the others and continue playing online this sim I WILL, but I wish Oleg write on these Forums specifying if they will sell it or if it's going to be free.

Like i.e:

Oleg: Guys the new planes are going to be released January 2006 for free!!!

or

Oleg: Guys a New Expansion pack will be released December 2005 containing the Flyable Mosquito, etc...

not a rant or whine

Cheers

carguy_
09-19-2005, 02:16 AM
Why did you put the Nazi girl from the movie in your sig?

Gryphonne
09-19-2005, 03:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by carguy_:
Why did you put the Nazi girl from the movie in your sig? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably because she is hot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

FritzGryphon
09-19-2005, 03:09 AM
Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see.

Freycinet
09-19-2005, 03:10 AM
As I recall, she was cold by the end of the movie...

Zjoek
09-19-2005, 03:37 AM
Yeah, she asked her buddy to shoot her. Her buddy then shot himself. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Anyway, I agree with OP. Would be nice to know stuff.

PBNA-Boosher
09-19-2005, 04:44 AM
I really don't want another pay addon. It'd drive me crazy.

but even if they do, of course I'd get it. It's a Maddox game. "Doh"

neural_dream
09-19-2005, 05:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But I guess that the other flyable modeled planes are going to be released thru a PAY ADDON. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Of course not. Why do you have that feeling?

WOLFMondo
09-19-2005, 05:39 AM
Why do you think it will be a paid addon? There the Russia only addon but theres nothing to suggest the Ju88, Mossie and the other planes Oleg stated would be arrving soon wouldn't be in a patch after 4.02.

triggerhappyfin
09-19-2005, 05:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by waffen-79:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope it´ll be a paid for addon. There´s nothing wrong in paying for it - Money makes the world go around, as the old song says.
I´d rather pay for an addon and see the developing team prosper than starve them by demands on free addons. Patches to polish features in the games is something else and should be free.

-HH- Beebop
09-19-2005, 06:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triggerhappyfin:
...I hope it´ll be a paid for addon. There´s nothing wrong in paying for it - Money makes the world go around, as the old song says.
I´d rather pay for an addon and see the developing team prosper than starve them by demands on free addons. Patches to polish features in the games is something else and should be free. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't agree more. It's been wonderful getting planes/objects/maps for free in the patches but I really wouldn't mind paying for them. I'd love to pay 1C/Maddox for a team that would keep adding stuff until BoB comes out.

Just my opinion.

p1ngu666
09-19-2005, 07:10 AM
shurly theres online shops in america that sell games..

waffen-79
09-19-2005, 12:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by p1ngu666:
shurly theres online shops in america that sell games.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I was only saying that if it's a pay addon it would be difficult for me to get it, because I don't live in the US or Europe.

If they sell it online like PF, it'll be easier for me as I wouldn't have to travel just to buy it.

And the chick in my SIG is from the movie Der Untergang and I thought she's hot and also looked so cute with long braids and the stahlhem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Interminate
09-23-2005, 05:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by waffen-79:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by p1ngu666:

Yeah, I was only saying that if it's a pay addon it would be difficult for me to get it, because I don't live in the US or Europe.

If they sell it online like PF, it'll be easier for me as I wouldn't have to travel just to buy it.

And the chick in my SIG is from the movie Der Untergang and I thought she's hot and also looked so cute with long braids and the stahlhem http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

She is the perfect woman. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

Kuna15
09-23-2005, 06:07 PM
I think at this point Oleg do not know how it is going to be distributed. At least the details.

About planes that are announced, I would like to see them in some add on, those which does not make it in the free patch.
I have not any problems with this only I wish that they make it on CD, besides online download.

Codex1971
09-23-2005, 06:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WOLFMondo:
Why do you think it will be a paid addon? There the Russia only addon but theres nothing to suggest the Ju88, Mossie and the other planes Oleg stated would be arrving soon wouldn't be in a patch after 4.02. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The next patch will only have the Yak7B and the late P-47...

The next add-on, which I am assuming will co$t you, is where you'll get the Ju-88 and Mossie

SithSpeeder
09-24-2005, 01:37 AM

Yes there is and don't call me Shurly.

* _54th_Speeder *

Johnny: [plugging back in the runway lights] Just kidding!

Aaron_GT
09-24-2005, 02:45 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If they sell it online like PF, it'll be easier for me as I wouldn't have to travel just to buy it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure if you put out a plea on the forum and gave someone the money someone here would buy it for you and post it even if it is not being sold online.

JSG72
09-24-2005, 02:20 PM
If a new. Paid for expansion Pack is coming out. It would suit me fine.
Then I guess it may not be just the '88 and Mossie. But maybe the DO 335, Tempest and perhaps more Beaufighter versions.
With a couple of more Maps to be sure.
I can but dream!
(Doubt? Allthis would be included in a Patch.

VW-IceFire
09-24-2005, 02:31 PM
No mystery here...just people who can't read.

Oleg said first patch would be 4.02 with just the P-47 Late and Yak-7B with boosted engine. Then an addon would come after that.

There's nothing ambiguous about that...no need to create and spread false rumors when nothing like that was ever said.

LeadSpitter_
09-24-2005, 07:58 PM
care to show us that post icefire, in orr he listed many other aircraft in 4.02

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/8371080943

to correct myself i see oleg edited that post the next day so you are correct. very unfortunate news indeed as I read the post on the 23rd when he initially posted the list without the bottom edit part.

Luthier also posts there will be 3 more projects that are being worked on for PF im not sure if its different then the russian addons.

I really expected the ju88 and tempest in 4.02 and have been since AEP, the tempest and ju88 made me preorder aep when it came out. But looks like they will be trying to hit our wallets up once again as 100 was not enough money for fb 30 aep 30 and pf 40. Not to mention alot of the 3rd party skins and missions packs.

Its really ashame as I was really looking forward to 4.02 thinking the tempest would be included and ju88 thats all i really looked forward too. I really can care less about a performance change of a same ac in game not even specified as an exact varient so noway to find out which performance charts it goes by to see if theres errors.

Oh well

Old_Canuck
09-24-2005, 10:30 PM
Whenever possible, it's a good strategy to foster a little uncertainty regarding release dates, etc. IMO as it keeps the competition off balance. Oh right, there is no competition. But if there was ...

JG5_UnKle
09-25-2005, 06:09 AM
A more flexible distribution of future pay add-ons would be welcome with me. I am fortunate to live in the UK and we can pretty much get hold of games quickly and at a reasonable cost. We can even order them from the U.S if we want them earlier at a cost premium http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

But we have squad members from Norway to Portugal and it takes weeks for all of us to have the add-ons when they are released.

I know it isn't long to wait but having them available as controlled downloads (begin with small chunks downloadable before the release date) would be a real plus for a lot of people who live in countries/places where distribution is poor.

If the downloads could also be somehow managed by the game then we would (IMHO) be able reduce the "Patch Dance" that a lot of people have to do.

Less experienced PC users can have problems getting the software up and running with the patch process and can make mistakes, making a mess out of the program. An in-game managed installer could help, with the manual option for those who are OK with it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Sorry for the rant......

MB_Avro_UK
09-25-2005, 07:05 AM
The only bad feeling I have about the Mosquito and Ju 88 is that many players will expect miracles in DF rooms.
The Mosquito was not a DF plane and used its speed and altitude to avoid such confontations!

Well,time will tell... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Best Regards,
MB_Avro

VW-IceFire
09-25-2005, 07:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
care to show us that post icefire, in orr he listed many other aircraft in 4.02

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/63110913/m/8371080943

to correct myself i see oleg edited that post the next day so you are correct. very unfortunate news indeed as I read the post on the 23rd when he initially posted the list without the bottom edit part.

Luthier also posts there will be 3 more projects that are being worked on for PF im not sure if its different then the russian addons.

I really expected the ju88 and tempest in 4.02 and have been since AEP, the tempest and ju88 made me preorder aep when it came out. But looks like they will be trying to hit our wallets up once again as 100 was not enough money for fb 30 aep 30 and pf 40. Not to mention alot of the 3rd party skins and missions packs.

Its really ashame as I was really looking forward to 4.02 thinking the tempest would be included and ju88 thats all i really looked forward too. I really can care less about a performance change of a same ac in game not even specified as an exact varient so noway to find out which performance charts it goes by to see if theres errors.

Oh well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh I was hoping too...but I read that bit at the bottom. I may have missed the initial post so I'm fairly certain I read that part at the bottom.

I was a bit disappointed but I'm of this mind: I've been waiting such a bloody long time for it, I can wait a bit longer, I just want to have it in the end.

The cockpit looks amazing and I'm willing to see the extra effort put into it. The FM, DM, armament, and everything should be complete, and they should make sure they have their research done so that the Tempest V doesn't perform like a prototype but like the typical frontline late 1944/early 1945 version. I'll hold my breath and hope.

The Mossie I look forward to as well..fantastic plane to have.

LeadSpitter_
09-25-2005, 09:32 AM
The mossies cool and all prangster did a good job so far.

But like you icefire i been waiting for the tempestV since aep which is along time ago. The main reason I preordered AEP was tempest and ju88 in which i got 2-3 weeks with 1 day shipping after it was already out in stores. They led us to believe in AEP we would have got it next patch with thier dev shots.

I dont think I'd choose to buy more addons if they are 19-30 bucks.

then they will pull the same thing with bob and pretend they are so generous giving us free things which is complete BS.

darkhorizon11
09-25-2005, 10:05 AM
We definitely get tons of free stuff for this games.

I wouldn't mind one, even two (if you count the Russian add-on) Oleg deserves it! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Chuck_Older
09-25-2005, 10:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
No mystery here...just people who can't read.

Oleg said first patch would be 4.02 with just the P-47 Late and Yak-7B with boosted engine. Then an addon would come after that.

There's nothing ambiguous about that...no need to create and spread false rumors when nothing like that was ever said. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said. Oleg has discussed at length what his plans are concerning this next patch and the add-on

Something people confuse a lot is the difference between a patch and an add-on

The search function is right there, folks, and although in the past it hasn't worked very well, it does work and you can find out what Oleg posted- if you devote the time to it. You're online and the tools exist to investigate this issue and many others with your PCs and a bit of motivation. A little research might take an hour or so and I know the attitude is usually "I don't have time to read all that" but I'm remarkably unsympathetic to that attitude http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

EURO_Snoopy
09-25-2005, 11:01 AM
I've tried to make the task of seperating fact from fiction a bit easier on this page:

Ask Oleg (http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/IL2BOB/ask_oleg_life_of_il2.htm)

|CoB|_Spectre
09-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Insofar as alternative distribution goes, keep in mind that we do not know the terms of Oleg's contract with Ubi. As far as we can tell, 1C: has the distribution rights that appear to encompass at least parts of the former Soviet Union and Ubi has everything else. Until such times as their contract expires or includes such things as pay-for downloads, I wouldn't hold my breath. In fact, I'm not holding it now for the Ju-88, the Mosquito, more PF stuff or anything else. We've got what we've got until we get something else.

TPN_Cephas
09-25-2005, 03:06 PM
1. Frequent patching is fine with me, but I wish every new patch release would also have one mega patch that would bring you from a basic install to the latest version. Doing the patch dance absolutely sux. (especially with the ded. server)

2. I do not mind paying for added content. This game is massive in scope and well worth every penny, although it does make it hard for new players to get into the game even when the older pay add-ons have dropped in price (or have to be found) Perhaps some sort of yearly subscription would work best in that regards (of course Ubi would have to be out of the picture for that)

3. More bombers please. (pretty please)

-HH- Beebop
09-25-2005, 06:07 PM
Re: BoB

"...Say tools we will release after ther release of the sim itself... and first tools will be for objects and maps..."-Oleg Maddox

COOL! This itself should give BoB a long, long shelf live.