PDA

View Full Version : Roughest Seas??

SusyCreamcheese
10-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Let's see a few screenshots of people who have PF, with the roughest weather possible, how big do the waves go? how much do the ships pitch in rough seas? - I think we need to know while we wait in anticipation of the postman bringing the goodies (It better come this Saturday at the latest or I'll be p*ssed off good and proper!)

ianboys
10-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Carriers never pitch in FB, just roll.

SusyCreamcheese
10-21-2004, 01:32 PM
Do any of the ships pitch? I'm no sailor (ducky), but would the carriers pitch in real life in the rough stuff, I presume so?

BSS_Goat
10-21-2004, 01:49 PM
Hey rollings good, now lets see it!

nearmiss
10-21-2004, 03:19 PM
Carriers do pitch...

When they're into rough seas, i.e., North Sea in Winter the spray will come completely over the conning tower on an Independence class US aircraft carriers That's water hitting the bow and spraying back over the tower appx 1/8 mile.

Destroyers batten down their hatches and look like submarines poking in and out of the sea.

We'll probably not see much more than some 10 to 15 degree listing at most. There might be some pitch, but not much.

GoToAway
10-21-2004, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ianboys:
Carriers never pitch in FB, just roll. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Especially since there are no carriers in FB.

Ships both pitch and roll in PF.

MEGILE
10-21-2004, 03:39 PM
http://www.5thairforce.com/e107_files/public/pitchnroll.jpg

SKULLS_Virga
10-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Oh my... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

walsh2509
10-21-2004, 07:11 PM
this is a sub-sim but just look at the rough sea in SH3 .. Weather Video

Link ...

http://www.silent-hunteriii.com/uk/videos.php

Q to those of you that have the game Ive still to get it, in the worst weather in the game does it look anything like SH3? is it better or not as good...

MG08x15
10-21-2004, 07:25 PM
Whoa! Now I'm really cold and wet. Where's my long underwear?

ehangar
10-21-2004, 10:52 PM
Awesome! Just checked out the SH3 videos and screenshots - just makes me want to weep for joy at the beautiful in game graphics.

My first submarine game was in the 1980's called Gato I believe, about the Gato class subs. Played it for hours. Then along came Dynamix's Aces of the Deep, which set a new bar for the genre.

But this, SH3 - whoa!

So many great games, so little time http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

TheGozr
10-21-2004, 11:13 PM
yes that would be what we want from teh sea ...

AWESOME

Athosd
10-21-2004, 11:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GoToAway:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ianboys:
Carriers never pitch in FB, just roll. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Especially since there are no carriers in FB.

Ships both pitch and roll in PF. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ian Boys is an IL2 inner circle member - if he says the game only models roll for ships then I'm inclined to believe him.

Athos

cow9th
10-22-2004, 12:01 AM
ships roll and pitch, in know it was said they wouldnt but they do.

i landed on a damages carrier with a zero in a storm http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif very challenging it was, think flying into a moutain.
lots off ppl had a look at them in perfect weather where its near impossible to detect the movement, try it in a storm and its obvious they pitch and roll.

ianboys
10-22-2004, 06:46 AM
My apologies, I got this wrong. In the release version ships pitch as well as roll. Sorry.

beepboop
10-22-2004, 07:40 AM
The carriers do roll around a little bit in PF, which is a fun feature. Still, I have never had a landing made any harder because of the ship's motion. Doesn't matter how you set the weather. It's only a small gripe, since I'm generally pretty impressed by the carrier ops, but I would say that weather is still never really a factor in plane performance. They seem to have put in more low-altitude turbulence and shake, but again this doesn't make any landing any harder.

Falcon_41
10-22-2004, 07:59 AM
what about YAW?

and does the sea stir up a bit more?

thanx

:FI:Falcon

Deathreaper666
10-22-2004, 09:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by beepboop:
The carriers do roll around a little bit in PF, which is a fun feature. Still, I have never had a landing made any harder because of the ship's motion. Doesn't matter how you set the weather. It's only a small gripe, since I'm generally pretty impressed by the carrier ops, but I would say that weather is still never really a factor in plane performance. They seem to have put in more low-altitude turbulence and shake, but again this doesn't make any landing any harder. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All this proves is that you have not tried to land in a thunderstorm yet. Go ahead and try then come bck and restate this incorrect statement. BTW, don't say you did already because if you had there is no way you would say landing on a pitching rolling carrier in a PF thunderstorm was easy, no way.

actionhank1786
10-22-2004, 10:22 AM
Ok, i'm wondering, if you put down your plane in the water in an emergency landing in Rough seas...does it roll and pitch in the water too?
And does the Pilot in the life rafts get sick and lose his lunch?

walsh2509
10-22-2004, 11:35 AM
thanks for all you replies to this , but the original Q? was not about the roll or the pitch of ships but about graphics ..

Are the rough/stormy seas in PF like the ones in SH3? Are they as good better or no way anything like what you see in the SH3 video?

cow9th
10-22-2004, 11:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by actionhank1786:
Ok, i'm wondering, if you put down your plane in the water in an emergency landing in Rough seas...does it roll and pitch in the water too?
And does the Pilot in the life rafts get sick and lose his lunch? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hum not sure, i never survived long enough to find out what happens if you miss the carrier in a storm

i know the a6m2n can make you sea sick though so perhaps the same applies to planes that crash into the sea.

weasel75
10-22-2004, 11:49 AM
No braking waves ... if thats what you want to hear. Sight is bad.

And IMHO: since you are high above the water you dont need the same level of effects as in SH3 (where you actually are *in* the water).