PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft manipulating the media

masterbico
01-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Since I played my first Ubisoft game,prince of persia I always have trusted in their quality.Even thought I don't like war games i can aprecciate the beauty and gameplay quality of Graw and Rainbow Six and though in its last games it has become somewhat generic the splinter cell series remains one of the most innovative series in this decade.

My concern comes from the fact that it seems that Ubisoft is losing itself becoming a slave to the suits and forgetting humbleness and creativity.I've just learn that they actually held off the lower reviews os Assasin's Creed to generate more hype.The cut off advertising on Egm because they said their game was not as goo as they believed.I played Assasin's Creeed And yeah is a good game but ubi doesn't deserve respect for trying to insult the custumer's intelligence.The game is repetitive and deserves all hte criticism for it as well as it deserves to be praised for its story and graphics.We gamers should voice our concern for ibi to stop trying to control freedom of expression.

katz_bg
01-15-2008, 12:24 AM
got any proof they did that?

BobDown
01-15-2008, 12:32 AM
'Masterbico manipulating the forums' should be the title of this thread...

masterbico
01-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Check out the egm live podcast.{The final word segment}.And check out videogamemediawatch website and kotaku and joystick for the story.If you actually have read Shou the editor in Chief you should Know he's one of the most ethical in the medium and one of his favorite franchises is splinter cell.

masterbico
01-15-2008, 12:37 AM
I wanted to clarify to Bobdown that Ubi remains one of my favorite developers{especially montreal}This is a thread with the intention of some needed tough love.

kew414
01-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Isn't that just marketing though? Whether you like it or not, Ubisoft IS a company http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

masterbico
01-15-2008, 12:58 AM
Kew414 I get what you're saying but does any movie studio have a right to do this or publisher of a book. The answer is no.It is degrading to the medium if it's press is so easily manipulated by the company that depends on the game's income.

moqqy
01-15-2008, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by masterbico:
Kew414 I get what you're saying but does any movie studio have a right to do this or publisher of a book. The answer is no.It is degrading to the medium if it's press is so easily manipulated by the company that depends on the game's income.

Don't trust everything you hear or read.