PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Help

Rockfall_
05-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey, I've been struggling to find a forum to post this, but here seems like a good place to!

EDIT: Take note of the bottom edit.

Anyway I've recently got the IL-2 Sturmovik game; with no addons or expansion packs or whatever...
I've patched it up (well up to 1.2ov) and I have no trouble playing single player (very badly lol).
Well I thought I'd give multiplayer a go, I went onto the 'play online at ubi.com!' program and went onto the IL-2 Sturmovik (not forgotten battles) I joined it loaded up went into the game and went to the map where you choose a spawn and a plane (i think its for that). I choose a place then click 'fly' Then after maybe 5 seconds (has done it straight away when I clicked fly before, so its not consistent) The game froze!
and now I was wondering if anybody can help me with this problem please!

cheers

EDIT: It seems I was wrong!! There is a problem in the normal game now... I get the error message:

The instruction at "0x5ed0434" referenced memory at "0x0000051c". The memory could not be "read".

This message has only come up since I installed the 1.2ov patch, which I installed later than the other patches!

Rockfall_
05-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey, I've been struggling to find a forum to post this, but here seems like a good place to!

EDIT: Take note of the bottom edit.

Anyway I've recently got the IL-2 Sturmovik game; with no addons or expansion packs or whatever...
I've patched it up (well up to 1.2ov) and I have no trouble playing single player (very badly lol).
Well I thought I'd give multiplayer a go, I went onto the 'play online at ubi.com!' program and went onto the IL-2 Sturmovik (not forgotten battles) I joined it loaded up went into the game and went to the map where you choose a spawn and a plane (i think its for that). I choose a place then click 'fly' Then after maybe 5 seconds (has done it straight away when I clicked fly before, so its not consistent) The game froze!
and now I was wondering if anybody can help me with this problem please!

cheers

EDIT: It seems I was wrong!! There is a problem in the normal game now... I get the error message:

The instruction at "0x5ed0434" referenced memory at "0x0000051c". The memory could not be "read".

This message has only come up since I installed the 1.2ov patch, which I installed later than the other patches!

Hashmark13
05-26-2006, 06:46 PM
System specs?
Internet connection type?

Can't help without 'em.

Rockfall_
05-26-2006, 06:55 PM
Sorry, I edited my topic, which may help a little...
The game was working before the patch (hadn't tried on multi!)

anyway my pc spec should be fine but here it is:

Processor: AMD athlon XP 2800+, ~2.1GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 256 MB memory

My connection type could've been the problem, but since I managed to connect to the server I doubt it but I've got, A standard 1meg adsl broadband, but is through a wireless router...