PDA

View Full Version : So if it is Il2 related, it can stay in GD?**Link to post in question provided**

Choctaw111
02-18-2008, 12:10 PM
I was just wondering why my Il2 benchmarks thread was moved. I have no quarrel about my other threads, but this one I want folks to see, and was Il2 related. I am not one to be called a rebel, and I am an honorable man and if I thought it was OT I would have put it in the Pilots Lounge. It's just that having my thread moved made me feel like I had done something wrong.
For my future reference, what are the criteria for posting something in Il2 GD? I thought it was merely a topic that had something to do with Il2. The Pilots Lounge contains topics that have NOTHING to do with Il2.
I do appreciate the Pilots Lounge, and it's purpose. I really didn't like sorting through the OT posts to find the Il2 posts I was interested in.

Choctaw111
02-18-2008, 12:10 PM
I was just wondering why my Il2 benchmarks thread was moved. I have no quarrel about my other threads, but this one I want folks to see, and was Il2 related. I am not one to be called a rebel, and I am an honorable man and if I thought it was OT I would have put it in the Pilots Lounge. It's just that having my thread moved made me feel like I had done something wrong.
For my future reference, what are the criteria for posting something in Il2 GD? I thought it was merely a topic that had something to do with Il2. The Pilots Lounge contains topics that have NOTHING to do with Il2.
I do appreciate the Pilots Lounge, and it's purpose. I really didn't like sorting through the OT posts to find the Il2 posts I was interested in.

T_O_A_D
02-19-2008, 08:20 AM
I don't know, nor can I find the thread your speaking of, can you provide a link?

This is the only guideline (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/2291025236) given for posting thus far.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I. Before posting

A: Are you sure you're in the correct forum?
In order to stem the amount of threads being locked due to posts being in the incorrect forum please assist us by making the correct choice before starting a new Topic Thread

IL2 New Pilots Lounge : For all discussions unrelated to the IL2 Games.
IL2 Maddox General Discussion : This forum is for ALL IL2 Games Discussion
Oleg Maddox's Ready Room: Its a little bit like stepping into Olegs drawing room
Community Help: Use this forum to seek assistance from the knowledgable community
Mission Builder Forum: For discussion of the games mission builder
Paint Schemes Forum: For all discussion of Paint Schemes
Squadrons: For discussion of your squadron.
Movie Makers Forum: Discuss your movies and more in this forum.

It is in everybody's best interest if you keep your posts to the correct forums.

Useless threads will be closed without explanations - if you want to know why your topic was locked, read the rules to find out.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Crash_Moses
02-19-2008, 09:31 AM
I couldn't find it either, Choctaw. Only thing that was close was this:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/523...871074455#1871074455 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/5231034455?r=1871074455#1871074455)

However, this question has popped up a couple of times since the change. The response from ms-kleaneasy was, in part, this:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">We are very pleased to see such an enthusiastic reaction but I couldn't help but notice the subject of what is and isn't acceptable has cropped up quite a lot and while I know Bearcat has already commented on this to some degree in this thread I wanted to make sure there is absolutely no doubt at all.

So...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After which readers are directed to the information posted by Toad above.

Personally, I feel that since IL-2 is a WWII flight sim discussions of the history behind the game are perfectly acceptable for GD. And certainly many of the hardware based topics (devicelink, cockpit builders, joystick mods, etc.) belong as well.

-HH-Quazi
02-19-2008, 09:52 AM
I will tell you guys that I have been doing allot of thread moving over the last week. But if you haven't received a PM from me letting you know I have moved your thread and to where I moved it, then it wasn't I that did the moving.

If I move a thread to another forum you will get a PM from me stating so. I figure it would whizz me off highly if one of my threads got relocated & no one did me the courtesy to at least inform me about it and let me know where I can find it. So I will always shoot you a PM if I move a thread. The new moderators have been instructed to do the same.

Choctaw111
02-19-2008, 12:35 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by T_O_A_D:
I don't know, nor can I find the thread your speaking of, can you provide a link?

Here is the link the my newest Il2 benchmarks thread. It was moved to the Pilots Lounge.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2601013236/m/3701016436